where:

Fort Washington Expo Center
1100 Virginia Drive
Fort Washington, PA
Telephone 215-641-4500
http://www.auctiongamesales.com/
http://fortwashingtonexpo.com/index.html

info:

$100 deposit is required for a bidders card.

- This money is refunded when you turn in your bidders card.

$10 registration fee beyond the $100 bidders card deposit.

- Not sure if thats the norm for this auction as it has only been $5 at the auctions in Timonium... of course they only started charging the $5 registration fee a few auctions ago.

Never been to this particular auction before and I won't be attending this one either. But if any of you folks live in PA, MD,or NJ and are looking for a Neo Geo, then this auction might be your opportunity.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
The auctions are definitely a great opportunity to get a Neo cab. I just recently got a pretty nice 6-slot from an auction in Winston-Salem. There were 4 or 5 Neo Geo cabs total, although a couple of them may have been conversions.

I had never been to an auction before, so it was pretty interesting to just see one in action. It does get pretty exhausting when you have to wait 'til the end to bid on the game you want, but it's totally worth it if you're able to score a nice cab. If you're serious about getting a cab, I'd recommend renting a cargo van before heading off to the auction. Or a pickup with some padding would work too, I guess, if the weather's ok.

Anyway, I encourage people to check these auctions out - there's lots of cool stuff there to be had. Not to mention the inbred country women.

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
Damn skippy. I finally got around to posting the pictures I took at the Auction Game Sales Timonium auction in October:

http://community.webshots.com/album/222010837pzTVaY

There were 6 dedicated Neo Geo cabs (including a Neo Gold and a Neo mini) and 7 Neo Geo conversion cabs.

Believe me if you've got the chance you'd much rather go to a live auction and buy and arcade cabinet instead of buying one off ebay. You'll know pretty much exactly what your getting and any related transportation costs generally should be far cheaper than what you would pay for shipping.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Thanks for sharing the pics man. Some pretty nice stuff there. Looks like you guys had quite a bit more Neo cabs than we had in Winston-Salem, but I was still able to find a pretty nice cab. I've had to put a little bit of work into it to get it where I want, but nothing too bad.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I'm a fixture at the Yardville and Cherry Hill ones. I may go check this one out.

If there's a lot of interest, let me know.. esp if you're new to arcade cabs and collecting. I'd be glad to help you out.. show you how to go over a cab, tell if there's problems, if they need to be repaired, how to repair them... etc.

Let me know.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
VanillaThunder said:
I'm a fixture at the Yardville and Cherry Hill ones. I may go check this one out.

If there's a lot of interest, let me know.. esp if you're new to arcade cabs and collecting. I'd be glad to help you out.. show you how to go over a cab, tell if there's problems, if they need to be repaired, how to repair them... etc.

Let me know.

Didn't see you at the last Cherry Hill one. :p

I'll most likely be at the one in Cherry Hill on Dec 5th. One of my friends from work is desparately trying to nab a pinball that needs some work and/or an air-hockey table.

Me, I just go for the PCB's. :)

Tacitus

Staff member
JHendrix said:
Didn't see you at the last Cherry Hill one. :p

I'll most likely be at the one in Cherry Hill on Dec 5th. One of my friends from work is desparately trying to nab a pinball that needs some work and/or an air-hockey table.

Me, I just go for the PCB's. :)

The one in Oct? I was there!

I was wearing an Irish Rugby shirt. I got a Megatouch standup there!

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
VanillaThunder said:
The one in Oct? I was there!

I was wearing an Irish Rugby shirt. I got a Megatouch standup there!

Yeah the one in October. Heh I did leave kind of early though, I just bought a PCB (they got to it early) and paid like 2 hours later when I could leave. A couple of my buddies were there till almost the end though.

I had the street fighter aniversary collection shirt on, I figured it was appropriate.

That thing can go on all day though, we got there way early in the morning when they were still unloading the cabs, I didn't get out till about 1 or 2 I think. I'll probably be going to a bunch more considering it's like 10 minutes from my house. :p

Tacitus

Staff member
JHendrix said:
Yeah the one in October. Heh I did leave kind of early though, I just bought a PCB (they got to it early) and paid like 2 hours later when I could leave. A couple of my buddies were there till almost the end though.

I had the street fighter aniversary collection shirt on, I figured it was appropriate.

That thing can go on all day though, we got there way early in the morning when they were still unloading the cabs, I didn't get out till about 1 or 2 I think. I'll probably be going to a bunch more considering it's like 10 minutes from my house. :p

I usually stay till the end.... you have to.. that's where the deals are.

Me -- Megatouch $75.

It was "broken" until I looked at it.. fixed it in 30 secs.. then unfixed it to pick up a nice deal. Almost nobody there know how to go over those machines.. and the ones that do either don't care or don't want to.

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
hateful_liar said:
Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. Did you happen to catch how much that VF:Evo went for? Just curious.

You're going to have to forgive me, but I think it either went for $900 or $1100.

I wanted to see how much it went for and I did, but since I didn't write prices down I can't remember exactly how much it went for. Getting old... or forgetful anyway ;)

You can check The Basement Arcade for prices at the auction in general:
http://www.basementarcade.com/
http://www.basementarcade.com/arcade/auction/a74/index.html

Mark does a pretty good job of getting prices though the descriptions and prices aren't always 100% accurate. He hits most of the auctions in the PA, MD, and NJ areas.

Last edited:

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
Ralfakick said:
If you look at www.basementarcade.com you see that a beast busters machine went at one of the auctions in Maryland, maybe to someone on these boards?

I think most of the Neo Geo stuff at the Timonium auctions goes to local board members. Or friends of local board members.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
So any feedback on yesterday's New Jersey auction in Cherry Hill?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Not that there is anyone down this way, but I managed to bum a ride from a friend over to the Auction Game Sales auction here in Knoxville, TN. Man, probably would've been just as happy had I not gone. There was nothing interesting :(

3 crap converted single slot Neos (2 Bust a Moves, 1 Fatal Fury Special)

for CPS2 stuff two pretty nasty cabs one with Alpha 2 and one with MvC2

A dedicated Atomiswave cab with Sport Shooting USA installed (I've yet to see one with a fighter control panel on it :()

As usually a shitload of Golden Tees that I'm not interested in

No separate boardsets at all, the 'junk table' was really bad, just bill acceptors, some marquees, and some various crap.

The classics row was just basic stuff with its fair share of junk cabs in it too, PacMans, Galagas, etc.

There was a nice Asteroids cocktail complete with original manual.

I was actually so sad I didn't take any pictures :( Hehe last two times I've been yelled at for taking pics, but that wasn't what was stopping me, I waited for my buddies to finish beating Area 51 Site 4 and we left.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
The fella that does the basementarcade.com already updated the Cherry Hill auction. I hope the Fort Washington one is a lot better than this one. Hopefully I'll buy my new truck by then :buttrock:

onefortheride

Dodgeball Yakuza
i always go to auctions in st. louis ... but like the auction lithy hit up ... its usually just conversion 1-slots and crap! the last one i went to had 2 1-slot conversions. one with fatal fury 2 and the other with art of fighting. though i did buy a 100 disc changer jukebox for $120.