debug menu resets when I select "run" (can't play the system)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
this is not the first time. it happened about 3 times before, and then suddenly, it gets fixed by itself later.

I power on the system. the debug (bios) menu shows up.

when I select "run", the debug menu starts/shows up again.

when I reset the system, the debug shows up again as well.

I cleaned the carts and the system's slot, where you insert the carts, but no luck.

if you have no idea, I want to know how much does it cost to install the unibios 2 and re-mod the system with S-Video and the L-R av sound out put (without shipping costs)

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I spent the whole night yesterday trying to fix it. I cleaned the cart port slot, tried to insert different carts in many different ways .... etc. it didn't work at all.

I came from college earlier today, gave it a shot. didn't work. spent sometime on it again ..... no luck.

few hours later, I tried again, and it worked from the first try.

I tried several carts. all of them worked perfectly. lol WTF!?

I'm just glad that it plays fine now. as I said, it happened before few times, and it gets fixed eventually by itself. any idea why does this happen?

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
If you used any type of solvent to do the cleaning, the solvent may have taken a little while to totally evaporate. That may explain while it took a little while after the cleaning before you system began working properly again. Anyway, that's one possibility.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I used wet tessues to clean the cart slot.

in previous cases, I didn't do anything at all. the system would just start working normaly by itself.

weird.

can be either the cart slot or the bios chip. how much does it cost to replace the cart slot and install the unibios 2?