SSVS MVS Question

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
I know this question has probably been asked before, and I apologize if it has. I want to find out if Samurai Shodown V Special MVS works on a Phantom-1 and if it does, would it play with or without fatalities.

Just asking a simple question folks. No drama needed. Sarcastic, miserable gamers be warned... the first person who even THINKS about trying to get nasty about posting this is going to get it!

NeoGeo Hunter

Fio's Quartermaster
Ooops I forgot to tell ya the SSSVS MVS version comes complete with fatalities and blood and everything else :buttrock:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Edit: Oops, I'm proven wrong. sorry about the confusion guys.

--------------
another good option is to get a MVS set-up for the time being, and wait till SSVS MVS price goes down a little. this will help big time in the long run. (and since you're getting the MVS, you can sell your phantom convertor). I think D-Lite sells these MVS systems for $400.

hope that helps.

Last edited:

VinylBoy

k'_127 said:
SSVS won't work on a phantom. you will need the unfixed AES cart + Unibios 2 in order to play SSVS with the fatalities on your AES.

another good option is to get a MVS set-up for the time being, and wait till SSVS MVS price goes down a little. this will help big time in the long run. (and since you're getting the MVS, you can sell your phantom convertor). I think D-Lite sells these MVS systems for $400.

Thanks for the info.
Eventually, I plan to get a MVS cabinet. I've been slowly selling all of my AES carts and getting their MVS counterparts so that when I get the cabinet I will have all of my titles ready to go. Till that happens, I was hoping that any new MVS games that I purchase still had Phantom-1 compatibility. The new system with the updated bios would be great, but that's just $400 (on top of the price of the MVS) so I can play SSVS until I could get the MVS setup completed. And the AES cart is not badly priced, but since I'm going MVS it may be a little much if you ask me.

Probably by the time I get the cabinet, the MVS cart for SSVS will be down in price as well.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
SS5S does work with a Phantom, it's just missing the Practice mode compared to the AES version, and it's of course not censored.

SNKjr

NEST Puppet
VinylBoy said:
Thanks for the info.
Eventually, I plan to get a MVS cabinet. I've been slowly selling all of my AES carts and getting their MVS counterparts so that when I get the cabinet I will have all of my titles ready to go. Till that happens, I was hoping that any new MVS games that I purchase still had Phantom-1 compatibility. The new system with the updated bios would be great, but that's just $400 (on top of the price of the MVS) so I can play SSVS until I could get the MVS setup completed. And the AES cart is not badly priced, but since I'm going MVS it may be a little much if you ask me.

Probably by the time I get the cabinet, the MVS cart for SSVS will be down in price as well.
My exact plan as well dude, slowly selling my aes carts as well, to get MVS versions to play with the phantom-1, cannot afford the space for a cabinet, for now.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
well am i going to get it if i ask you to post in the right section?

VinylBoy

beelzebubble said:
well am i going to get it if i ask you to post in the right section?

OK, ok... Well, maybe I should have posted this in the "News & Rumors" section. My oops. I'm just glad nobody decided to give me the whole "welcome to 2 days ago" speech or whatever.