NYC Chinatown Fair

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I feel like going to chinatown fair today and chillen there for a bit. I need the escape.

Anyhow, if any of you guys read this in time and want to head over too and play some SNK or Capcom games with me, I'll be there wearing the Sheriff's hat.

Pz.

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
we should actually plan ahead for a chinatown meet sometime. It'd have to be on a weekend, and I'd need a place to park/crash, but aside from that, I'm up for it.

seems like Chinatown is the only place I hear of still having old 2D fighters, and while meeting at a community member's place is a cool idea, if we arranged a get together in a public place people could just drift in and drift out.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Yeah, a China town meetup needs to be done. Charlies here in NY for school now.
I know Doin (howdoin) is a NYC resident as well and Jeff (Kaedesblade) lives near me.
Lets try to put something together as I definitely need to make my way into manhatten 2 to 3 times this december.

BTW Charlie, Hows about getting a meetup together for the release of NGBC?
I know it is the one game that has your interest peaked and I am waiting anxiously as well.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I like that NGBC idea Orphues. I only had the chance to go to CTF once in the summertime because my friends and I went to the Big Apple Anime Fest and it was so bad we just went there and played SNK vs Capcom Chaos because they just got the game.

I'd like to do that. Pick a day and go down and play then get some dinner.

Let me know, maybe I can grab one of my friends and we'll go down and hang out.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
YuckMud said:
I like that NGBC idea Orphues. I only had the chance to go to CTF once in the summertime because my friends and I went to the Big Apple Anime Fest and it was so bad we just went there and played SNK vs Capcom Chaos because they just got the game.

I'd like to do that. Pick a day and go down and play then get some dinner.

Let me know, maybe I can grab one of my friends and we'll go down and hang out.

AHHHH, Yuck. Now I remeber, you are another one of the LI members. What town you from?

Anyway, I am starting a list of NY members here for my own refrence purposes. If anyone can make additions to the list that would be great (please specify whether the member lives in Long Island, NYC or upstate):

Me (LI)
Jeff/Keadesblade (LI)
Yuckmud (LI)
Smurphy (LI)
Charlie/Wasabi (LI during school semester)
Howdoin (NYC)
Norton 9478 (?)
Scanline (?)
Beattifik (NYC)
Kazuki Dash (LI)
Striderpunk (LI)
Lastblade (Queens)
Jaydubnb (Coney Island/Brooklyn)
Skateonwalls (LI)

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm from Holbrook. Only arcade worth going on the Island is FYE in the Bayshore Mall. I know both of the guys who run the place and this christmas I'm going to buying some of the guys left over MVS carts (That's IF he didn't sell them on E-Bay)

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I'm up for a NYC meet, although no need to arrange it around my schedule, the only times I can make it down to Chinatown is Saturdays and Sundays.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Quick FYI for you guys. I got an IM from my friend Brian that runs the FYE arcade in the Bayshore Mall, he took my advice and got an Atomiswave with NeoWave. I hope I can get there soon, if I wasn't so damn busy with Christmas stuff I'd be able to go down this weekend.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
while I may not be all too reliable schedule-wise, if a CTF meetup happens to fall on a weekend I'll do my best to make it sicne so many from the area are making an effort for this one it seems

EDIT: here's a few more for the list Orpheus...

striderpunk (LI)
Lastblade (Queens)
jaydubnb (Coney Island/Brooklyn)

Last edited:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
After Dec. 17th I might head up there if the weather isn't too bad yet. I might bring my girl with me though so I probably can't stay for too long. We'll see. :)

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
A couple of my friends went to CTF yesterday and told me that they now have KOF NeoWave and Tekken 5.

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
Kazuki Dash said:
while I may not be all too reliable schedule-wise, if a CTF meetup happens to fall on a weekend I'll do my best to make it sicne so many from the area are making an effort for this one it seems

EDIT: here's a few more for the list Orpheus...

striderpunk (LI)
Lastblade (Queens)
jaydubnb (Coney Island/Brooklyn)

Thanks for the heads up, Dash!

I'm down for the meet up! Teh Ass-Kicking Never Ends! ;)

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the additions to the list Kazuki. I replied to the PM you sent me.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
O.K. guys, lets pony up here.

We have over a half dozen NY members on the list, so who actually wants to meet up over at CTF?

I have my final this wednesday and friday, after that I'm done. My days off from work are usually tuesday, thursday and saturday so this saturday is a possibility (but I may have to work to make up missed hours during finals) but next week will probably be better.

Post here and let everyone know.

bokmeow

Does everyone feel up to enjoying a meal before we all go together to the Chinatown Fair? There's Joe's Shanghai close by, hands down probably the best Dim Sum place in Chinatown for a very low low affordable price.

beatifik

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
bokmeow said:
Does everyone feel up to enjoying a meal before we all go together to the Chinatown Fair? There's Joe's Shanghai close by, hands down probably the best Dim Sum place in Chinatown for a very low low affordable price.

big wong on mott st. has the best wonton soup... ;)

bokmeow

beatifik said:
big wong on mott st. has the best wonton soup... ;)

I hear that place is good too. I'd love to trade some restaurant tips, i have a binder full of business cards from the good restaurants I've dined at.