Awesome PS2 controller for PS2 KOF94 Re-Bout

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member

WOW.......I want this controller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freelancer

Banned
Meh.
Considering I hate Sony systems as well as that thumbstick controller, there's not much for me to be excited about!

SNZero

Mr. Big's Thug
i heard that they were only gonna be available with the KOF 94 rebout special addition type pak thing?

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
has my interest peaked...but WTF is up with that button?

PINK?! What happened to the YELLOW button that is supposed to go there?
:(

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Kazuki Dash said:
has my interest peaked...but WTF is up with that button?

PINK?! What happened to the YELLOW button that is supposed to go there?
:(

Thtas what color the Square is on a PS2 pad. Its PS2 not Neo Geo Colors.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
d'oh...
:loco:

still doesn't look right with that color scheme on a NGCD style pad...
:p

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
can anyone tell if it has the l2 and r2 on the shoulders?

i'd love for this pad to replace the horrid ps2 pad, though those two analog sticks will probably be my downfall...

either way, it looks cool and i could probably go for one when it comes out.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
God that thing looks like shit. Sad part is it's gonna play like shot too.
P are fools for not droping a NGPC type joystick in place of the neo CD one. That freakin joystick has the same damn microswitches from an Atari 2600 controller.

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
i don't think it looks like shit, i think it looks comfortable.

though i've never played with the NGCD controller, i'd imagine it would be like holding a meatier SNES pad. That's a good thing; all these handles and thumbsticks and configurations can start to suck after a while.

KISS = KEEP IT SIMPLE SNK.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Dallas_Five said:
i don't think it looks like shit, i think it looks comfortable.

Says the man who has never layed a hand on one.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I just received an E-Mail from NCS. They said the Neo Geo Pad 2 is expected to be in stock December 22. I am assuming, since NCS is an import store that this is the Japanese release date.

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
ORPHEUS said:
Says the man who has never layed a hand on one.
yeah, i said that already.

you said it LOOKS like shit, without giving any reasons why. Why is it uncomfortable? Do the buttons suck? Is the pad shitty? Or is it aesthetically unappealing, since you only think it LOOKS like shit. And while the old controller may have had some problems (i.e. your complaint about the microswitches), who's to say that this one won't make improvements; though admittedly, SNKP (and most companies for that matter) doesn't have a great track record with improving already existing products when there is a cheaper/easier route to take.

Based on the pics, i think the pad LOOKS fine. I'll wait until i play it to comment on anything else.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Dallas_Five said:
yeah, i said that already.

you said it LOOKS like shit, without giving any reasons why. Why is it uncomfortable? Do the buttons suck? Is the pad shitty? Or is it aesthetically unappealing, since you only think it LOOKS like shit. And while the old controller may have had some problems (i.e. your complaint about the microswitches), who's to say that this one won't make improvements; though admittedly, SNKP (and most companies for that matter) doesn't have a great track record with improving already existing products when there is a cheaper/easier route to take.

Based on the pics, i think the pad LOOKS fine. I'll wait until i play it to comment on anything else.

I know you said it already. I was just poking fun at you.

BOTTOM LINE: The pad looks shitty (the buttons look PATHETIC)and it will play shitty (that D-pad uses microswitches from the atari 2600 controllers).

I have a half dozen of the neo CD pads and while the controller looks cool the d-pad was executed poorly. If you would have read my whole post you would have realized this.
The pad is pretty good for anything accept fighters.........WHICH IT WAS FREAKING DESIGNED FOR.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I think they should have "borrowed" the design from the Saturn pad. Makes for a much better 3+3 button controller with a superior directional pad.

FACT: The Saturn controller is THE controller for 2d fighters (if ya don't like sticks).*

*This is of course the JP or later US pad. Not that atrocious POS that was initially released with the US Saturn.

johnno15

Super Spy Agent
TonK said:
Thats real? :eek_2:
What he said but if it is real thats some smart shit :drool_2: but why the cd pad and not the big ol AES pad now that would be cool

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I love the Neo CD pad and I love the NGPC stick. BRING IT ON!

Baseley09

Hair Group,
I rekkon the NGCD controller is great, but it was made by monkeys or Jews.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
johnno15 said:
What he said but if it is real thats some smart shit :drool_2: but why the cd pad and not the big ol AES pad now that would be cool

Beacuse the psII has enough clicky, cheap sticks.

$hockwave

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
i defanatly want one of those joysticks i loved the neo cd pad.i am curious on where the l2 and r2 buttons are thou.

Yamazaki_RJ

Overtop Pathfinder
I personally like the NGCD joystick, I prefer it than the PS2's. For me, there's no better joystick for fighters.

Here is the layout, for those asking about the L/R2 buttons:

p_neogeopad03.jpg