Party Austin/Round Rock, TX TODAY! Sat 11/20! (Neo + Halo 2 Lan)

Katsu

Crazed MVS Addict
Halo 2 LAN - Giving thanks for Halo 2!

[ This note is going out to new people. So for those of you that have been on my mailing list for a while or those in a forum that have already been to one of my get togethers, some of this is going to be old news to you. ]

Yes, I'm aware that this is a Neo forum, but I figured there's gotta be some Halo 2 players out that that love the Neo AND Halo 2. Plus, I highlighted the Neo-related parts. ;)

I'm hosting a Halo 2 LAN party at my house this Saturday the 20th. I'm aiming for 16 players on a minimum of 4 Xboxs. I already have 2 xboxs and 4 TV's (a 61" HDTV, two 27"s, and a 19") available. I'll probably setup a wall projector as well too. The HDTV and the wall projector can handle 4 people easily. The two 27"s can handle 2 to 4 each. The 19" can probably do 2. I will require ppl to bring over a few more xboxs though. So, if you can bring an xbox, please email me ASAP. Also, if you can bring controllers, that would be swell.

While Halo 2 LANing will be the focus of the day, you don't even have to like Halo 2 to have a good time. I also have tons of other stuff going on at my get togethers. I've got 3 full sized arcade machines: a NeoGeo 4 slot with about 25 games for it, a Street Fighter II Turbo machine, and a Killer Instinct machine. I've also got a "Retro" Room dedicated to over a dozen contemporary and classic gaming machines: NES, SNES, Genesis/SegaCD/32X, TurboDuo, Virtual Boy, Saturn, 3DO, CD-i, NeoGeo AES, NeoGeo CDZ, networked Xbox, networked PS2, etc. All are available at the touch of a system selector button. :)

Additionally, we hold Texas Hold 'Em games at nearly all our get togethers. We play with a $10 buy-in, no limit, and 45-minute cash out notice rule. We do not play tournament style, so re-buy-ins are allowed $10 at a time. We have a nice 8 player table top and a nice set of chips and cards.

We usually get 10-20 people at most of these get togethers, and we're up until about 4-6am, so if you got something else going on earlier in the evening, don't hesitate to drop on by at 2am after the bars close. ;)

Speaking of which, beer and alcohol are allowed. I supply some, but if you bring your own, that would be extra swell. We'll also have cookies, chips & salsa, and other snacks available for guests. You might want to bring at least $5 for the inevitable pizza order or the late night fast food run. Chips/sodas/snacks donations are appreciated, but aren't required.

Where: My House (email for directions if you haven't been here before.)
Day: Saturday, November the 20th
Time: 6:00pm (those bringing TV/Xboxs), 7:00pm (everyone else).

If you are planning to bring a TV, Xbox or Controller(s), email me ASAP so I can coordinate the equipment.

The all important email: mrkatsu@hotmail.com

Last edited: