An Ultimatum to NGF!

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Hello,

This is meant for NeoGeoFreak especially, but is going to be presented in an open forum to get settled!

I am giving NeoGeoFreak 2 weeks to deliver my 2 carts which I paid them for. The two carts are a World Heroes 2 Home Cart (AES cart as refered to by NGF, US version, complete and in mint condition) and a Baseball Stars Pro Home Cart with a NGF insert (AES cart as refered to by NGF, US
version, complete and in mint condition). The original deal was made for these carts to be shipped to me. Any 'modifications' after the fact are NOT acceptable. I will not personally fly anywhere to pick up any games, and will expect a refund, with interest at standard rates as published in
the Wall Street Journal, if product is not shipped or is out of stock.

NGF received payment for these 2 carts around 06/10/2000 and promptly cashed the payment. It is now 09/21/2000, and delivery has not been made yet.

Since NGF has not delivered these games, this is notice that they have *2 weeks* to get these 2 cartridges delivered to my doorstep. If they do not complete this transaction in the 2 week timespan, I will be contacting various organizations to get a resolution to this issue. Here is an
incomplete listing of who will be contacted:

US Postal Service (for mail fraud)
The Better Business Bureau in both states involved in the transaction
The Attorney General in both states involved in the transaction
The local Police Departments in both states involved in the transaction
The ISP that hosts the neogeofreak.com domain
The ISP that hosts the email address from the person on the other end of the deal
The FBI's IFCC

All correspondence on this issue will be made public and will be posted in the Forums at neo-geo.com along with various other Neo Geo related lists. And this message will be sent to all email addresses listed at the 'www.neogeofreak.com' site.

I will also post to this topic to move it up in the listings if needed.

Keith

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Well, its f*cking pathetic that they never sent you the carts, and its been over three months. There is simply NO excuse for that kind of behavior, and Dion and Chris need to own up to their completely dishonest and untrustworthy actions.

I for one say that if Dion and Chris (the sole two "NGF employees", such as it is)
don't ship you the carts (after the alloted two weeks), EVERY ONE on this message board should hound them incessantly, until they do. I know that I'd be MORE than happy to do that . . . given the circumstances!

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
your right it should not take that long but....Dion and Chris are in japan for 2 weeks now right? so it would be hard for you to receive them withing that time frame. I'm not defending them in anyway since I have never purchased anything from them but either you report them Now or what until they get back right?

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I basicly got all my orders from NGF.
I am a bit pushing Dion to ship all before he goes to Japan. Asking please, please and please...
I do not why you haven't got the cart...
I never dealt with Chris but I dealt with Dion lots of time. So far, the deal went fine.
I am sure they will ship it.
If they don't, please post it here.

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Well, unfortunately for them, I did not know that, and, personally, I do not care. I do not follow their schedule, and if they are gone, I guess that is just their own problem, is it not? It has been *OVER* 3 months, I am fed up!

(Turn on sarcastic mode) I guess I could have consulted with Billkwando as to NGF's schedule! (Sarcastic mode off)

Really, I do not care. Remember, NGF is more than just two people. They have until Oct 6.

After that, all bets are off.

I really do love having the signed payment from them in my possesion!

Keith

Shawn

snkusa.com
Posting your complaint on the forums is a wise choice. The mob, or neo community, will demand justice. This same technique brought Chris Mullins back in the scene, if only temporarily. Even though he chose not to follow through, we succeeded in permanently marking him as fraudulent, leaving him no choice but to disappear for good.

Now NGF is forced to acknowledge your complaint and make it right. I would still be short a Metal Slug 3 if this community was not so tightly united. I still haven’t received unreleased cart Mahjong Janshin Dentsetsu from NGF, but I feel safer knowing I’m not alone.

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Man I kinda hope you don't get your stuff, no offense but I would love to see their asses go to court or be shut down would be even better. Dion is such a cocky little prick.
And you got no problem with support man, both of you have all of our support and I feel that I speak for all of the regulars here. So if you get the carts, good if you don't even better
smile.gif

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
What's up with that? It's not like those two games take that long to track down.

Jeff

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Especially when you consider that **** decided Mouse_Master would have to pick them up himself in Las Vegas, due to something someone else said on a message board, which he obviously didn't particularly approve of.

Pathetic really, but as long as people keep sending him money....

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I sold my mint US World Heroes 2 + Near Mint Jpn Metal Slug 3 to Dion for $400.
I am sure that MS 3 is the one that goes to Shawn.
He (Dion) asked me favor and I help him. I ship to him without asking payment.
If US WW 2 that I sold is the one he promised, you should have gotten the cart.

The problem I had is that Dion told me, he did not have money to pay to me (actually long story but I simplify my story). After all transaction and dealing. He ended up owe me $360. He mention he will pay me for another 4 weeks.
So, I was forced to use that money he owed me, on this "Cart for sale" list. It's a bit rip off for me but I got no choice. I am losing patience to wait longer for Dion. I argue a little bit but finally everything went fine. But, I had to buy the carts and other stuff from Dion in which I do not want.
I am the one who kept asking to ship it fast.
Call him, talk to him, and keep e-mailing him. Ask my stuff to be shipped before he went to Japan. I want the deal to be complete with Dion.
I am still neutral to him since at least he keeps his words and he helps me sometimes.

But, I know how it feels to wait; mouse.
Just wait for the dead line see what NGF will response...

If he does not ship to you, then some of my bad impression about Dion are true.
And I will post it here.
If he does ship it to you, then I will still regard him as reliable.

His honesty and reliability is being tested now.

and I am looking forward to see the progress...

Andy

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Andy,

Well far be it for me to say but doesn't that kinda suck. I mean you would think $400 would not be a big deal for Dion. From what you are saying it sound more like a trick to get more profit. I mean if you trade for something on a over priced page which I would hope with the 10 years dion has spent for the neo, he would know where to get the best deals. then quickly the $360 he was going to send you turns into a few hundred dollars worth of homecarts. I would be pissed. Why didn't you ask for the money upfront? Is not that customary anyway. Do you have a copy of this cart avaiable list? I'm not trying to rub salt in a open wound but you got my curosity up when you mentioned that last post.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Here is a simple truth, that everyone here should know well by now:

NEVER ship ANYTHING to DION or CHRIS RAY without FIRST having FULL PAYMENT FROM THEM for the item(s) shipped. NEVER send ANY money to DION or CHRIS RAY before they have shipped whatever items you want TO YOU.

There is NO OTHER WAY to make sure that these f*cking losers won't RIP YOU OFF.

Anyone who fails to go by the above two rules, is taking a BIG RISK of being RIPPED OFF. Plain and simple.
mad.gif

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Your points are right. I am being a stupid businessman.
I am really pissed at that time but I do not want to risk all my $360.
So, I hold on to my anger and disappointment.
I am still giving them second chance...
They should realize by now.
It's a long story actually but I try not add spice to this war on NGF.
I am still hoping they will fix their reputation...

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Oh...
at least he gave me a bit discount.
For example, $200 jpn sengoku 2 become $180.
But, the thing that he mention the cart is mint is NOT.
so, I am still a bit disappointed.
But, no big deal for me.

And Burning fight for $80, he sell to me for $50 (well, I think it is just a fair price considering it is just a good condition).

lump505

Kabuki Klasher
No offense asam but you arent very smart when it comes to the Neo Geo. Burning Fight for $50 is not a great deal. As for Sengoku 2 even with his "discount" you still got ripped of by around $30-$40. I can't understand why you would do Dion the asshole a favor. When he told you he dosent have $400 to send you he is talking shit. Of course he has the money, he rips people off left and right and make tons of dough from people who dont know better.

You NEVER want to have credit with Dion and NGF!!! They will make you send them more and more money until your order is $1000 and then you will get your stuff in crappy condition 3 months later.

I am still dumbfounded as to why people still buy from those sleazy no good fucks at NGF. Use common sense people. If people consistantly get ripped off by someone or some company would you buy from them? I hope most of you would say NO!

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I can't believe you people still deal with NGF. I mean look at the guy they have for customer service--Dion. If Dion worked for my company I would have that guy nowhere near my customers, he pisses people off to easy. Anyway, asam I'm sorry but when God said he was giving out brains you thought he said a good ol ass screw from none other than NGF and you missed out. Just because you don't get screwed doesn't mean others aren't and I don't know how you could contribute to a guy or guys that cheat people. Notice how few people actually admit to buying from these clowns, its because its embarassing for reputable people to buy from them. I know better and stay clear of them because I don't feel like paying for pirated crap. Asam don't take that the wrong way but you should be smarter then that.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I wonder how many forum members have dealt w/ them? Well, I did. Recently too. Gambit, I respectfully disagree w/ your comment. I am not ashamed, and I have about 110 positives on ebay w/ no negative nor neutral feedback (for the moment, anyways
smile.gif
). I don't exactly like Dion, but I don't hate him either. I am neutral. I bid and won on Chris Ray's auction on ebay. My transaction was fairly smooth, (I must admit, his e-mails were very prompt and friendly) except that he forgot to e-mail me w/ the delivery confirmation #. I e-mailed about that, but instead of getting an response, I got the item (priority w/ delivery confirmation on it) and feedback on that same day, so I didn't have much qualms about it. If you are dealing on ebay, you get used to the little stuff like that-not all deals are perfect. I knew that he was busy w/ trip to Japan, and maybe that's why he forgot, like he was w/ Shawn. But, the thought that maybe the delivery confirmation was only for his use-that the item arrived safely-came to my mind as well. The item took about 6 days from the day my payment arrived (I sent the payment w/ delivery confirmation, so I would know when it would arrive.) to the day the item arrived. So, in all, it was a good transaction. I found C. Ray fairly decent. Believe me, I considered all the negatives I heard and saw, when I bid on his item. And from his feedback, he seemed decent enough for me to risk a bid. I like to believe that most people are decent.

So, the point is: is it your fault as well, when you buy an item from a questionable buyer and the deal fails to come thru? Or is it entirely the sellers? Let the buyers be aware?

Personally? I think the buyer should bear at least some responsibility for getting into it, if the deal is broken. Afterall, that person knew what he/she was getting into. No body force them. They knew the risk (I am one of them). Sometimes, the offer was tempting enough to risk that. But, I believe that as always, it is the sellers resonsibility to make sure that the deal comes thru, as well as make evey opportunity to make the buyer at ease.

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I know...
I am being stupid on that decision.
Like I said it's a long story.
There are things that you don't know that I do not mention.
I am just trying to hold on my impatience and try to be kind enough.
But, people tends to take advantage of it.
I've learned my lesson.
I just chip in in this forum and try to give some info about Dion.
Of course, I know even $50 for good condition NGF burning fight is not really a fair price. I know Neo price very well (from ebay or Shawn or Neo super sellers).

But, if you were in my situation, I am sure you rather get some "expensive" carts instead of waiting for 4 weeks and wondering will I get the money?
I choose that decision when I browsing to the Shawn's forum and wondering why most neo community against Dion. So, I am trying to stop taking risk with Dion ASAP.

Plus, imagine the pressure and anger I have to hold by waiting 4 weeks no payment. It will explode someday and I become a very bad boy.

Thanks guys and thanks for Shawn for creating this forum. Hope things get better.
I am myself becoming sick of tired of it.
I am a new Neo geo home collector and a bit fall down to NGF scheme.
I did not realize on NGF reputation until I saw this forum.
First time, I dealt with NGF about 4-5 months ago and things turn out bad.
I mention about my deal somewhere in this forum.
I realize I never had any dissapointment on Neo Deal until I deal with NGF. That's the first big disappointment on my Neo deal.
And things get on and off everytime I deal with NGF.
they like playing tricks (e-mail wording) and they think I do not know. I am just being to lean and kind...
But, inside I am not weak or stupid but I just like helping people.

Maybe NGF (Dion) did not realize and lol on my decision. Hope, he will change and realize what he did.

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Sorry you had to deal with all that trouble asam, but at least everyone learns from their mistakes. Also I was wondering if anyone had heard back from them about the missing carts.

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Asam, you will let us know what happens, right?

Anyway, they have returned from Japan. I'm going to get some sources together for what people can do when they get ripped off and post them to this thread so everyone will know what htye can do when they get cheated (Sorry, but most of the info will only be relavent to the US).

Keith

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Iv not purchased from Dion. I will tell you however that Iv already found reason not to. When I first got back into
NG a month ago, I asked him for manuals and inserts, told him about an auction I was trying to win with 19
games in it, some that required his manuals and inserts. He did not bid in the auction prior to my message about
it, with no reply he bid on and won that auction. True online auctions are fair game for anyone who has the
money. But you should have enough manors not to bid on something you didn't notice, when a potential customer
points it out to you. He might have made some money on that deal, but he could have made more, showing me
he was honorable and gaining my business.