Which versions do you own. Eng/JAP/Europe cart system?

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Hi. Just wondering, what ver. you guys own and why. I own a Eng ver. I really don't mind which ver. of a game it is, because I can read some Japanese. But I do prefer the Eng cart system because I can play most older Neo Geo games in Eng, with out trying to read/translate between the lines. I want to fight, and see what's going on. I know several people esp. on ebay's, whose selling point is "it's Japanese. It plays in full blood" I don't think it's a big deal. All you have to do is input a fairly simple code to play games like SS2 or KOF 94. And you don't have to change language settings when you play any ver. It's already set to Eng. Any thoughts?

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
I have a US cart system and a Japanese cd. I had MAS install a MVS switch in my cart system a long time ago and I recently had them install a language switch in the cd system as well. I play my games on different settings depending on their content. The only real difference between the Japanese and American systems is that the Japanese require 100V instead of 120V, so you will need a stepdown converter to play them safely.

As for the games, I prefer the English ones if I can get them, because I like being able to read the manual.

[This message has been edited by Wan-Fu (edited September 21, 2000).]

ScoobyDoo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The Neo is quite odd in this way, because with almost every other system I can think of the Japanese games are more sort after (and tend to have a higher price tag).

With the Neo it's different, with some English versions of games being rarer (and thus worth more) than the Japanese copy.

I own a US Neo-Geo cart system. I guess it would be nice to have a Japanese system too (or get a mod chip fitted), to get the best of both worlds. The choice to me seems simple:

Japanese system: Blood etc. and some extra bits in games, such as the extra game mode in Magical Drop 2.

English System: Be able to enjoy the games in a language that you can understand (unless your Japanese!).

[This message has been edited by ScoobyDoo (edited September 21, 2000).]