Metal Slug Advance HomePage opens...

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
See here: http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/msa/index.html :mr_t:

p_ss02.gif

p_ss03.gif

p_ss04.gif

p_ss06.gif

Has anyone else played it yet? I've beaten the first couple of missions... seems pretty good so far. The animation isnt as fluid as I was hoping for, but still acceptable.

Suragu

Quiz Detective
I've also played through the first couple of missions. I was skeptical at first because the first boss is just a shrunken version of the MS5 lvl 1 tank boss and the second boss is from one of the old games too (forget which one). However, I am happy to say that the game is actually pretty fun and the animations are fluid- it looks to me like the slug anims are all intact. speaking of slugs- I am extremely pleased that you get the slug in both of the missions. It really irked me how little yo got to play the slug in the last few games!

The card collecting aspect of the game is weak so far, mostly because you have to beat a level without dying to keep the card, just like with POW's.

There is an overhead map that shows your progression and reveals the next mission once you have completed a stage. You can go back and replay any of the missions at any time as long as you have cleared it once.

I really like haveing a health meter, like you get when you are in a slug- I find it really enhances my attachment to the character and I try a lot harder not to die.

So even though I haven't played it a lot, Iam enjoying it and I can't wait to get home and play it some more! :)

syringe

Banned
wtf? there's noticable amounts of missing animation but that's not even my main problem with it.

The usually colorful death animations are non-existant and the power up weapons last for all but 5 seconds. I'm glad the slowdown was fixed, but the run and gun style of play in the game is hardly fluid at all. The gameplay feels a bit stiff and overall I'm pretty dissapointed with it so far.

I'm just going to go back to playing Contra: The Alien Wars on my gba.

Suragu said:
I've also played through the first couple of missions. I was skeptical at first because the first boss is just a shrunken version of the MS5 lvl 1 tank boss and the second boss is from one of the old games too (forget which one). However, I am happy to say that the game is actually pretty fun and the animations are fluid- it looks to me like the slug anims are all intact. speaking of slugs- I am extremely pleased that you get the slug in both of the missions. It really irked me how little yo got to play the slug in the last few games!

The card collecting aspect of the game is weak so far, mostly because you have to beat a level without dying to keep the card, just like with POW's.

There is an overhead map that shows your progression and reveals the next mission once you have completed a stage. You can go back and replay any of the missions at any time as long as you have cleared it once.

I really like haveing a health meter, like you get when you are in a slug- I find it really enhances my attachment to the character and I try a lot harder not to die.

So even though I haven't played it a lot, Iam enjoying it and I can't wait to get home and play it some more! :)

Last edited:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
How is the music? ( both composition and quallity wise )

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
What's the US release date?

syringe

Banned
I've been playing the EU version which is probably identical in every concievable way to the US one. I've got a pre-order on the japanese one in the faint hopes that it isn't quite so censored.

11/30 US
11/25 JAP
11/5 EU

@ Orpheus the music is pretty much standard Metal Slug fair, although a bit generic sounding at this point and the sound quality is actually a bit cleaner than the NEO given the GBA's audio processing capabilities.

I have an 8 hour Bus ride ahead of me tommorow,so I'll have plenty of time to play it on my gba while heading upstate. I'll probably have a more indepth look at it on monday.

It's also good to note that at this point in playing it there seems to be zero slowdown and most of the animation is intact..there's just less stuff happening on screen which actually fits with the lower resolution of the GBA so that's not actually a fault.

As far as the "no blood" there's not even typical neo "sweat".

also there's the minor gameplay change of not losing the upgraded weapon if you're hit by enemy fire, you just run out of ammoa nd lose it when you die (and a fair amount of other seemingly arbitrary tweaks to the slug gameplat formula)

Last edited:

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
:eek: You mean the Japanese version is the Uncensored one
for the GBA. :confused: That's really stupid that the US
version is Censored which would destroy the Metal Slug
series legacy. The US is so damn picky when they see
blood on video games. :oh_no: Mostly the ESRB & dumb
ass! parents who fucking complain to much with their thumbs
are stuck up their ass and ruin people's fun. :angry:

Japan sure is lucky they can play more violent games
than the US. I am trading games to have enough store
credit to get Metal Slug Advance and other games with
it as well. :cool: I have $143 store credit at Bluevoodu's
store. :cool: Maybe i could add in 2 more games to up the
credit a bit. :cool: MSA looks cool! though. :cool:

Yeti 0f Doom

Rugal's Thug
I must say though, the game is really really really easy. Seasonal Metal Slug fans are sure to be disappointed.

Master(G)

n00b
I got the japanese release today and it is cencored as well... thought I'd let you guys know...

other than that I think the game rocks! :buttrock:

TrueTrials

Olly C,
15 Year Member
Where has this game gotten to in the UK?? I've been waiting for it to come in for a good few weeks now :(

I was waiting for Metal Slug 3 - XBOX, Metal Slug Adavance and King of Fighters 2000/01 pack - XBOX and none turned up on the release date given to us.. First to turn up was Slug 3 on PS2 then it turned up a week and a bit later on teh XBOX then on thursday King of Fighters 2000/01 turned up on PS2 but no xbox but still no sign at all of Metal Slug Advance :(

Olly