3 new NBC chara ! o_o

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I guess I'm not surprised too much by Genjuro, but WHOA, JIN BROTHERS! I was not expecting that at all!

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Since they're sprite clones, it doesn't cost them much to make both instead of just one, just like with Hanzo and Fuma.

Last edited:

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
Hmkay said:
Since they're sprite clones, it doesn't cost them much to make both instead of just one, just like with Hanzo and Fuma.

well I guess it cool with thw jin bros but its cuz that we don't see them in every game like kyo :very_ang:

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Ukyo or Yoshitora would have been a much better choice's.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Yay for 9 Fatal Fury fighters. :blow_top:

Seriously, I've HAD ENOUGH of this bullshit type of games, same as Marvel VS Capcom 2, and Capcom VS SNK, and all the other games where there are supposed to be a wide variety of fighters from a BUNCH of Games, and yet from Capcom we get 70% Street Fighter Charas, and from SNK we get 70% Fatal Fury, and then all the AOF, KOF and SS guys.

Why the hell is Cyber Woo, Kisarah and Ai EVEN THERE???

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Wow... I need to stop spamming and pay attention to the News more.

Lee Pai Long? Where the fuck did he come from...?

What a great oddball choice.

I like the roster, a lot.

A good mix of characters, plenty of familiar faces (both bare-fisted and sword-swinging) and plenty of new sprites to make even the most jaded of Neo fanboys happy.

Only thing I don't like, is the presence of one grappler -- Shermie.

They did that crap with SvC, and it annoyed me.

It's possible that one of the newer, more unfamiliar faces are grappler-like, but I haven't seen enough gameplay details to confirm or deny that.

Oh well... looks good so far.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
In defense of Genjuro, he's one of the best character designs in all SNK games. He's also rivals with both Haohmaru and Nakoruru. To say "we have haohmaru, why do we need Genjuro" is like saying "we have Kyo, why do we need Iori, Shingo, Saishyu, and K'?"

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
yeah id rather the evil version of galford or basara but i agree with wasabi, think he (genjuro) is a decent choice.

the chon's = super cool, LOVE fatal fury characters. yeah they are similar sprites but they play COMPLETELY differently in rb2 and i assume they will in this as well. chonrei is super rushdown, shu is technical.

Richard & Judy

NEST Puppet
NeoDragoN said:
Ukyo or Yoshitora would have been a much better choice's.

Ukyo should be in this game

As for the presence of Shermie and no other grapplers, Im loving that Shermie is my favourite and its pretty amazing she made the cut compared to how many (IMO more favourable Characters) who would have made it instead.

I'll be let down if the boss is OMEGA Rugal lol

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
This is great news. Keep 'em coming! Hell, this means we should have at least three more, right? Wow, what a game. About 10 new chracters ago this game was great, but look at the roster now. Now let's hope it plays worth half a damn. God this game's really shaping up to have the best roster in any game EVER.

Spike

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
This update is depressing, but I guess more characters is more characters. Hanzo > Genjuro, and pretty much any random Fatal Fury character that wasn't already in the game > the Jin brothers.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
neojedi said:
This update is depressing, but I guess more characters is more characters. Hanzo > Genjuro, and pretty much any random Fatal Fury character that wasn't already in the game > the Jin brothers.

ouch opinion strikes again!

shit im with spike on this one, the roster is already beyond perfect, anything else is cream.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
that's 3 midgets in the game now :kekeke:
they need a ninja character. I don't care how burnt out the notion is ninja is best.

this is lookig great.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Heh, it's good that an AOF2 character is going into a game I might have some competence in.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
beelzebubble said:
ouch opinion strikes again!

shit im with spike on this one, the roster is already beyond perfect, anything else is cream.
True, and to be fair the last update with Moriya and Lee Pai Long was outstanding. It's just depressing that 2 of the last characters anyone would choose showed up, in place of: (your own avatar!) Ryuji Yamazaki, Billy Kane, Blue Mary, Duck King, Franco Bash, Lawrence Blood, Rick Stowd, Wolfgang Krauser, Bob Wilson, Raiden/Big Bear, Richard Myer, Alfred, Cheng Sinzan, Sokaku Mochizuki, or pretty much anyone left in Mark of the Wolves.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Jin Bro's= one of the worst choices they could have made. I NEVER liked those two.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
neojedi said:
True, and to be fair the last update with Moriya and Lee Pai Long was outstanding. It's just depressing that 2 of the last characters anyone would choose showed up, in place of: (your own avatar!) Ryuji Yamazaki, Billy Kane, Blue Mary, Duck King, Franco Bash, Lawrence Blood, Rick Stowd, Wolfgang Krauser, Bob Wilson, Raiden/Big Bear, Richard Myer, Alfred, Cheng Sinzan, Sokaku Mochizuki, or pretty much anyone left in Mark of the Wolves.

I think with the fact they have Lee, Tung, Fuma/Hanzo, Cyber Woo, and Mr. Big are just a nod to the past games. We've got Rock Howard in it, who's from MOTW. If they add more MOTW, that would be fine. The way I see it, it's sort of Fatal Fury vs Samurai Shodown already. Do we need evern more FF characters? I say we add a few more oddball choices and be done (and happy). This roster is fine the way it was.

Yes, there are characters that everyone wishes were in that just won't be. I would die for one more game that has Lucky and Heavy D in them, but I won't cry when I've got a ton of other characters to choose from

Be happy, and think that we may just have three more playable characters before the dust settles....
Spike

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
Jin Bro's= one of the worst choices they could have made. I NEVER liked those two.

I thought they were pretty cool, to be honest. The music from their Real Bout 2 level is fuckin' great, too.

Oh well. They're MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Chang or Choi. Believe it.
Spike

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
We've got Rock Howard in it, who's from MOTW. If they add more MOTW, that would be fine.

Hotaru's in there too.

Spike Spiegel said:
I would die for one more game that has Lucky and Heavy D in them, but I won't cry when I've got a ton of other characters to choose from

If Heavy D! showed up in this (or any) game, I'd piss myself, since he's my most-used '98 character.