PS2 version of KoF '02/'03 uncensored, but delayed to February 2005?

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Heh. Last time I asked at EB, the register monkey told me it was delayed--and XBox only. So I blame his inability to scroll down on a screen. Other retailers, and even SNKNEO*GEOUSA still have the PS2 version slated for February.

Here's hoping.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I just visited their forums to look at their '02/'03 PS2 release date thread, and noticed some monkey registered as "south town kid". That's not me. I don't want to be responsible for something that guy may say, dammit. So I had to register too.

I'd think that when people had a question on their forum about an Xbox release date or whatever, some SNK USA guy could just come on and say "such and such a date". Even if it took them a couple days to see the thread and reply. But it seems they have to wait for KDash31987 to give them the scoop, as he often does here. Ben's fake account?

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
I just visited their forums to look at their '02/'03 PS2 release date thread, and noticed some monkey registered as "south town kid". That's not me. I don't want to be responsible for something that guy may say, dammit. So I had to register too.

I'd think that when people had a question on their forum about an Xbox release date or whatever, some SNK USA guy could just come on and say "such and such a date". Even if it took them a couple days to see the thread and reply. But it seems they have to wait for KDash31987 to give them the scoop, as he often does here. Ben's fake account?

With the effort they put into maintaining a stripmall location, and providing "hype" forums with no nestalgic redemtion to them--SNKUSA can't be arsed to actually provide moderators or answer questions as far as even forum related stuff.

Heck, Avatars were supposed to be up a week after those forums were opened, and nothing so far. The Namco forums, on the other hand, get speedy responses and look like they have the ability to really take off. So I guess it's just a matter of staffing.

KDash31987

Overtop Pathfinder
SouthtownKid said:
But it seems they have to wait for KDash31987 to give them the scoop, as he often does here. Ben's fake account?

No, I'm not Ben Herman, I just happen to know a lot of what SNK NeoGeo USA Consumer Corporation are doing, my real name is Josue Morales (and that's a picture of me in my sig.)

arstal

n00b
Nah I think I remember his name from the old KOFML.

I"m curious to when it's going to be released. Sooner would be better, as this has been a good year for fighters in general- perhaps the last good one.

If it's delayed till Feb, I might bite the bullet, get Xbox and Xbox Live.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
gatorsfan said:
have anyone played g.t.a san adraes ?

Any game that includes the phrase "'Sup nigga?!" with any amount of seriousness is insta-suckage to me.

Anyways, yeah, delayed to February according to the emails they're responding to. Apparently there's some localization bugs or some shit.

Yuri-chan

Armored Scrum Object
I wouldn't mind waiting for this game if it means SNK/Playmore is going to perfect the gameplay and fix other things in the game. I look forward to when this game finally gets released. :)

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Yuri-chan said:
I wouldn't mind waiting for this game if it means SNK/Playmore is going to perfect the gameplay and fix other things in the game. I look forward to when this game finally gets released. :)

Yeah right........
Look at KOF MI and tell me if it's anything better than JPN part ;)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yuri-chan said:
They are not going to "perfect the gameplay". Geez, it's already released in Japan which is the market they really care about. You honestly think they are planning to let themselves have an inferior version?

'02 is already perfect and they aren't going to make '03 any better...I'm worried what they might do to the game between now and then. I'm hoping this has nothing to do with editing or adding American voices or something idiotic like that, but maybe to coincide with the release of the Xbox version and comic.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
am I missing something here?

will the X Box version support Live! ?, because I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere before that it will do. but IGN mentioned that both version (PS2 & XBox) aren't gonna be online.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
k'_127 said:
am I missing something here?

will the X Box version support Live! ?, because I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere before that it will do. but IGN mentioned that both version (PS2 & XBox) aren't gonna be online.
I think you misread the review. they said:

"Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that either game in the compilation will support an online mode for the PlayStation 2"

'Either game', meaning '02 and '03 on the PS2. They don't mention online support for Xbox in the review, because it's not a review of the Xbox port. Every picture I've seen of the Xbox cover has the "Live enabled" label on it, so I wouldn't worry.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
I think you misread the review. they said:

"Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that either game in the compilation will support an online mode for the PlayStation 2"

'Either game', meaning '02 and '03 on the PS2. They don't mention online support for Xbox in the review, because it's not a review of the Xbox port. Every picture I've seen of the Xbox cover has the "Live enabled" label on it, so I wouldn't worry.

I see now. thanks for the answer.

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
Yeah... I went in a few days ago to pre-pay for this... and the Gamestop emplyee said it was delayed 'til Feb. *Sigh*.... Hey... is it still true that everything released after Re-bout is gonna be online...? I seem to have heard that somewhere.... one of these threads, I believe. Also... speaking of the comic... did Comics One get the green light to put out SVC Chaos?

KDash31987

Overtop Pathfinder
Sorry that this took longer than it should have, but I just moved a few days ago and just got internet back a short while ago.

Sent : Monday, November 8, 2004 8:57 AM
To : "'Josue Morales'" <kyokusanagi31987@hotmail.com>
Subject : RE: The King of Fighters 2002 and 2003, plus other questions.

KOF 02/03 February. Xbox May. At this time Rebout for PS2 no. Combos
still possible. There is a long approval process in USA.

The releases you allude to are for Japan at this time.

www.SNKNEOGEOUSACONSUMER.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Josue Morales [mailto:kyokusanagi31987@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2004 7:00 PM
To: info@snkneogeousaconsumer.com
Subject: The King of Fighters 2002 and 2003, plus other questions.

Hello again;

Has the PlayStation 2 version of The King of Fighters 2002 and 2003 been
delayed to February of 2005? And what are your current plans for the release

of the Xbox version? Will there be any pre-order bonuses?

Also, will The King of Fighters '94: Re-Bout make it to the US? And what
about the many bundles of SNK classics being released in Japan next year?
Will they make it?

And I also wish you good luck with all your future releases!!

Thank you for your time;

Josue Alexander Morales (A.K.A. KDash31987 in your gamers community.)
Miami, FL.
November 7th, 2004.

Celes

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Whenever I contact the SNK Answerman, I seem to always get answers that are short. He doesn't do such a good job. He seems to just give like a short answer. Is he in a rush or something?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Overkill Geyser said:
Also... speaking of the comic... did Comics One get the green light to put out SVC Chaos?
I think the success of Udon's Street Fighter comic means Comics One won't be able to do the SVC comic. We're already well past the window where more than a few people would care, anyway. I would have liked to have read it, but they're probably better off concentrating on KOF '03, seeing as how it's already nearly 2005.

@Celes: SNK probably (rightly) feels that if they answer well to KDash31987, he'll spread it around everywhere else and save them a lot of work. Anyway, KDash is in reality Ben Herman, so they have to answer him nicely. ( ;) )

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
I think the success of Udon's Street Fighter comic means Comics One won't be able to do the SVC comic. We're already well past the window where more than a few people would care, anyway. I would have liked to have read it, but they're probably better off concentrating on KOF '03, seeing as how it's already nearly 2005.

@Celes: SNK probably (rightly) feels that if they answer well to KDash31987, he'll spread it around everywhere else and save them a lot of work. Anyway, KDash is in reality Ben Herman, so they have to answer him nicely. ( ;) )

I can't beleive it.
Today, 08:34 PM EST--SouthtownKid used a smilie....

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
KagerouSama said:
I can't beleive it.
Today, 08:34 PM EST--SouthtownKid used a smilie....
I've used a few here and there (mostly the sad one). I always feel dirty afterwards, though.

I was wondering: SNK USA is saying the delays are due to SCEA demanding bug fixes in the PS2 port... Has anyone who bought the imports experienced these bugs? I hadn't heard anything about bugs before this. I only tried the '03 port briefly, but I didn't notice anything...

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
I've used a few here and there (mostly the sad one). I always feel dirty afterwards, though.

I was wondering: SNK USA is saying the delays are due to SCEA demanding bug fixes in the PS2 port... Has anyone who bought the imports experienced these bugs? I hadn't heard anything about bugs before this. I only tried the '03 port briefly, but I didn't notice anything...

I wouldn't be suprised if there were no bugs at all. They pulled the same junk at the last KOF pack release. I wouldn't have cared so much then other than I was so gung-ho on getting it that I pre-booked the thing.

First there was a week's delay....
Than a month's....
Than four months'....

Just as long as the "bugs" they're fixing aren't original Japanese Voice Acting and replacing all in-game art with "American" art outsourced at the last minute from Archie Comics--I hope the game still turns out okay.

mgruber

Mega Shock!!
Not that it's special or anything, but I have KOF 2003 from Japan (PS2). I can make some videos if anyone wants them.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
SNK-P blows massive kawk. Is there any acceptable reason on God's green Earth why these games should be repeatedly delayed? No.

I'd gladly shell out for KoF2k2/3 with Live support. These should be the easiest ports in the world. This is the exact same hardware and everything as SvC. It just points to them being a bunch of inept tools who can't organize a damn thing.