Neo geo CDZ system

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Hey is the CDZ system much faster then the CD system? and is it almost as fast as the Cardridge system?

Thanks,

ChoHan

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
The CDZ is quite a bit faster than the regular Neo CD system, but on the newer games still pretty slow loading. By newer games, almost all the new KOF titles (96 and later), Last Blade and Last Blade 2, etc.

I've owned one CDZ, and it was a piece of junk. Constant i/o errors or simply a failure to load the game. That was only one system, and you can't generalize that one to all the rest, but if you check around you seem to find that CDZs in general are much less reliable than regular CD systems. I have a regular Japanese CD system that works perfectly, and has never failed once.

I don't trust the CDZ, won't get one again (luckily the store I got it at took it back, and gave a full refund).

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Hey,

Does the CDZ load between the fights..for example? Thanks for the info.

Cho

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Hell yeah it loads and I really don't think the CDZ loads all that fast compared to the CD system. I have had both and most people that have gotten a CD system before usually sell it and get a cart system. Thats what I did and thank god everyday for doing it because life is to short to wait for those annoying load times. I mean on some games its almost a minute long. Horrible !!!

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Thanks guys,

One more question
smile.gif
Where could I buy the most none expensive games and the most none expensive system. I dont got a to big idea howmutch wort the games are. Im talking about a Neo Geo Cardridge system now... Thanks for the info! Lets go hunt

Cho

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Then again...

Can USA Japanese and Europeen games be played on the same Cardrige system? Or Japanese system and Japanese games,USA-USA games. (EU-EU) Don't know if there is an EU Neo Geo Cardridge system..

Thanks Again
smile.gif

Cho

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
All systems play all games. There are alot of places in Europe that sell these systems and games too. Adol lives in France and I know he has alot of stuff to sell. He is on this board alot so you might try and contact him.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
The only difference in cart systems are PAL and NTSC versions. I trust you'll likely end up with a PAL system but if not, it can be modded, either way. For how much if you don't know how yourself?, I have no idea.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Then you're going to end up with an NTSC system since that's the braodcasting standard the Japanese use. If you read some of the tech-support posts, you'll get some advice on step-up/down converters, what can be done about video & speed discrepencies, and other such things. Or just bluntly ask and see where it gets you.