CPS2 Questions...PROGEAR

puyo2_dash

n00b
Hello.

Progear is little difference to other CPS2 board.
(This is Asia(English) version of Progear cps2 sub board)
Some rom seems similar to CPS3..
Is it OK changing sucide battery like other CPS2 board?

progear.jpg

progear2.jpg

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
I did hear about Progear containing simms but never got to see pics until now, so thanks... But I think the real question is whether it can be revived by Raz just like other boards or the presence of the simms make it hard or impossible to do so that a battery swap remains the only feasible option to keep it going...

Last edited:

MuKuro

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
you can easily swap battery on Progear cps2 board, I have already done without problem.
Raz can also program the eeprom to phoenix edition then the pcb will work without batteries.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Mukuro is correct, the battery can be replaced just like with other CPS2 games and I'm also able to make it suicide free.

Raz

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Cool! But why did Capcom use simms for this game (and only this?), what are they for?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
MKL said:
Cool! But why did Capcom use simms for this game (and only this?), what are they for?

The Simms basically hold gfx and sound data, I sopose its cheaper to use them than the 42pin DIPs they normally use.

Raz

Nallchan

Quiz Detective
Mukuro is correct, the battery can be replaced just like with other CPS2 games and I'm also able to make it suicide free.

sorry to butt into the conversation :rolleyes: ......Suicide Free ? does this apply to only the progear boards ? or is there some type of way now to make all Cps2 boards suicide free ?... if so .. give me a rough idea how ? im very interested..

Thanks * nod * :drool:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Nallchan said:
sorry to butt into the conversation :rolleyes: ......Suicide Free ? does this apply to only the progear boards ? or is there some type of way now to make all Cps2 boards suicide free ?... if so .. give me a rough idea how ? im very interested..

Thanks * nod * :drool:

Yes, Razoola can pretty much make suicide free every CPS2 game, but you better ask him directly.

http://cps2shock.retrogames.com/suicide.html