2 Slot Problems!! Scrambled, Rolling Screen!!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Well, I have been waiting for this 2 slot to arrive finally got it, and of course it's not working.

The problem I am having is when I turn on my supergun with the 2 slot attached, I get a sort of scrambled screen, kinda like when you have a dirty mvs cart, but this is 100 times worse, also i get a big black rolling bar.

Now, I did buy this 2 slot from France, but I thought this wouldn't matter, since it would be for RGB anyway I am no expert though, so maybe this is it.

i have already tried 12 extremely clean mvs carts, made sure the JAMMA adaptor was correctly hooked up, Tried both slots, and cleaned the JAMMA adaptor on the pcb.

I don't know what else to do?

You all think it's time to get a refund or am i just a dummy?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Is your Jamma setup OK? (voltage, etc.) Other arcade boards work OK? Are there any missing components on the 2-slot board?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
MKL said:
Is your Jamma setup OK? (voltage, etc.) Other arcade boards work OK? Are there any missing components on the 2-slot board?

yes, my set up is great. D-lite made my gun so i know it's the best.

as for missing chips, i was just cleaning and i found a toshiba chip. it must have come from this 2 slot. i am going to post some pics of the 2 slot tonight. hopefully someone can help. this chip had no solder on it though.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
greedostick said:
yes, my set up is great. D-lite made my gun so i know it's the best.

as for missing chips, i was just cleaning and i found a toshiba chip. it must have come from this 2 slot. i am going to post some pics of the 2 slot tonight. hopefully someone can help. this chip had no solder on it though.

Toshiba chip huh? Does it say SP-S2 on it anywhere? If so, that's the bios chip and you will want that in your 2 slot for it to work.

Neomodus

n00b
I was wondering if this 2 slot does not come from me !!! ( as you talk about my country ....

It was used for 1 year in my SNK NEO 29' without any kind of problem ....

So, you have to check :

1* POWER SUPPLY VOLTAGE .....( must be 4.95/ 5.05 ) check it on the board ,not on the "jamma" hedge connector

2* PACKAGE DAMAGED BY THE POST OFFICE ??? ==> Green garbage screen = CORRUPTED BIOS !!! (wrong inserted in the socket ... )

3* DOUBLE CHECK the BIOS CHIP !!! ( IF THE PACKAGE BOX HAS BEEN SHOCKED ..your bios ship is possibly damaged ) , you have to carrefully look at the pin .....

4* IF YOUR BIOS IS DAMAGED ....I CAN SEND YOU ANOTHER ONE FOR FREE !!!

;) :mr_t:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
No chance that the pause dip (#8) is flipped is there?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Neomodus said:
I was wondering if this 2 slot does not come from me !!! ( as you talk about my country ....

It was used for 1 year in my SNK NEO 29' without any kind of problem ....QUOTE]

you all are the shit!!

got it working!!! :buttrock:

i was trying to get it to work this morning before i left for work, and i got the all bent to hell bios in, and i was getting the mvs scrambled boot up screen, and then it went black. came home from work and it was still doing it. apparentally the pause dip was on. pretty dumb of me, considering this is not the first slot i have ever owned.

also, Neomodus, i must have bought it from you. my ebay id is raregames4u

if possible i would like to take you up on that extra bios offer since mine is all bent up now. i am in no hurry, you can send it SAL.

This just goes to show that the post office are a bunch of dumb-asses. what the hell we're they thinking.

"hey, lets open this package and remove this chip and then throw the fucking thing back in there so it gets all bent up".

what a bunch of assholes.

anyway, thanks for the help all. i got a bunch of games i got to get to. :buttrock: