Genesis RGB issue.

syringe

Banned
I'm enountering a really weird visual defect when attempting to connect my genesis to my external component transcoder via RGB. There's no white. Anything that would be white is simply displaced as black on the screen outlines, details, sega start up text, but all the other coloring is there.

Does anyone have the slighest idea about what's going on?

Last edited:

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
i have a diff problem with the genesis.
all colors seem way too high. no true blacks.
i have the pics in the neobitz post i did.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
my guess is that the Genesis RGB output on the A/V port is unsuitable for RGB aplications.

Similar to th Neo

syringe

Banned
norton9478 said:
my guess is that the Genesis RGB output on the A/V port is unsuitable for RGB aplications.

Similar to th Neo

neo's works fine in the transcoder.

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
check with the neobitz post i have cuz what ever is stopping your transcoder from working with the genesis may be the same thing stopping the neobitz board from working. some people have ideas and may post a fix there

syringe

Banned
acem77 said:
check with the neobitz post i have cuz what ever is stopping your transcoder from working with the genesis may be the same thing stopping the neobitz board from working. some people have ideas and may post a fix there

It wouldn't be directly revelant.

The X'eye has a completely different video encoder from the standard Genesis/Neo setup. It has some bizzare toshiba encoder not a Sony CXA.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Scanline said:
It wouldn't be directly revelant.

The X'eye has a completely different video encoder from the standard Genesis/Neo setup. It has some bizzare toshiba encoder not a Sony CXA.

You think that because you're a jackass.

The MB3514 chip used in the X'Eye (well, most models) is made by Fujitsu. It is basically the exact same as the Sony CXA1145. They are pin compatible and the same mods for S-Video apply equally to both. Output from the RGB should be the same as well.

And just for you Adam:
idiot2.gif
birfday.gif
idiot2.gif
birfday.gif
idiot2.gif
birfday.gif
idiot2.gif
birfday.gif
idiot2.gif
birfday.gif

syringe

Banned
Well sorry if I hadn't researched it that much and was leaning more to the $5 HK cable theory as I got it for about as much for it from lik-sang and all their other cables only have 100uf capacitors instead of the proper 220uf. :spock:

It doesn't really matter as the saturn,dreamcast, and snes all work fine but I guess the Gen output is a little overdriven without the components.

I'll get some 220uf capacitors or locate an official RGB cable.

Either Way, I'm lazy.

PS. Not as lazy as Wayne, but getting there. (plus overloaded w/ school work)

PPS. I'm a History Major with a secondary focus on political science so expect my knowledge of integrated circuitry to stop somewhere around where my levels of personal interest are. Infact I almost declared myself as a English major so be happy I'm not a full on luddite.

PPPS: Part Number?

PPPPS: You sold me bad meth.

PPPPPS: You looked pretty scary in the 1980's.

dlite.jpg

D-Lite said:
You think that because you're a jackass.

The MB3514 chip used in the X'Eye (well, most models) is made by Fujitsu. It is basically the exact same as the Sony CXA1145. They are pin compatible and the same mods for S-Video apply equally to both. Output from the RGB should be the same as well.

And just for you Adam:
idiot2.gif
birfday.gif
idiot2.gif
birfday.gif
idiot2.gif
birfday.gif
idiot2.gif
birfday.gif
idiot2.gif
birfday.gif

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Scanline said:
PPS. I'm a History Major with a secondary focus on political science so expect my knowledge of integrated circuitry to stop somewhere around where my levels of personal interest.

Yay History.