new nbc info!!!!!! (from early copy of arcadia, thanks IGGY!)

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
New characters in Arcadia. template :
Original characters : Yuki, Ai
Garô : Terry, Geese, Mai, Kim, Tung, Rock, HOTARU.
Ryûkô/AoF/Buriki : Mr Karate 2daime(Ryô Buriki version), Mr Big, ROBERT(AoF version), LEE PAILONG.
SamuSupi : Haomaru, Nakoruru, Asura
Gekka : Kaede, Akari, Washizuka, MORIYA.
ADK : Hanzô, Fûma, Kisara
KOF : K', Iori, Kyô, Shermie
Other : Marco, Cyber Woo

Background characters : Bob Wilson, Kain, Grant, Freeman, Marky, Yamada Jubei, Eiji, Kuroko, Carol, Brian Batler, Leona, Ralf, Clark, Rocky (Robo Army), Amp, Yusa, Spika (Cool Cool Toon), Cathy (Top Hunter), YûG (KOF Battle de Paradise)

Also, a few details : Ai and Yuki make a tag attack (Ai uses a baseball bat : the rumor where they used only moves of characters not in the game (by henshin) seems false)
Shermie has a new move (super?) in the air. Maybe she falls down, maybe she jumps like Angel's "itadakima-su", but either way it's new.
Hotaru seems to have a sliding move.
Robert is wild. Definitely not the same character we had in KOF.

Rosa (Fuun) is in the background. We still miss a Fuun character, at least a hugeass character, and Shermie is alone in the grappler department...shobon.
Alfred is also in the background, and there is a second Kuroko. Amongst the new backgrounds, there is one where the dinosaur and Cyber woo (with their size of KOTM) seem to have killed themselves ; they are dusty, and the dinosaur is nearly a skeleton.

Last thing : Heavy D! and Lucky Glauber are also in the background.

The system is a 2 on 2, 1 round, and the match ends when you loose EITHER of the characters.
Way to raise the income.

hotaru = 7/10
rob = 5/10
lee = 8/10
moriya = 6/10

imo :)

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
no eiji kisaragi

no jubei yamada

and no john crawley

* weeps *

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Fran said:
no eiji kisaragi

no jubei yamada

and no john crawley

* weeps *

lol

i don't they're ever gonna put eiji in a game and make you happy fran.

moriya is cool, although i woulda rather had lee rekka.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Wheres dudley damnit

buttasuperb said:
lol

i don't they're ever gonna put eiji in a game and make you happy fran.

moriya is cool, although i woulda rather had lee rekka.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
w00t Moriya and AoF style Robert.

Lee is cool.

Hotaru is meh.

regardless, the the already annouced characters are cool enough, and any additions are welcome.

thanks for the info.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Fran said:
no eiji kisaragi

no jubei yamada

and no john crawley

* weeps *

potentially six more characters to be announced. fingers crossed mate :)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
beelzebubble said:

Jubei and Eiji are already in one of the BGs.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
jubei or ryoko would be nice, but I know at least one person that'll be happy robert made it in

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Angel's "itadakima-su", but either way it's new.

I think she says ITADAKIMANMONSU, a famous Haruhara Haruko (of FLCL fame) quote. SNKP aired the very same seiyuu for that character (Shintani Mayumi) for Angel, an re-recorded her whole speech (even if she was already dubbed by a famous woice actress: Tominaga Mina) just to make her a total homage to FLCL.

Pratically ALL her lines are Haruko's, suck as 'K9999 wa, mada kodomo dakara' (from the final Haruko's quote "Takkun wa, mada kodomo dakara") and such, till the custom use of a very 'cattish' soun of ~nya in the end of her lines (even the forme 'Kori Kori?' became 'Kori Kori suru ka nya~" in 2002)

Dash no Chris please correct me if I'm wrong! ;)

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
The system is a 2 on 2, 1 round, and the match ends when you loose EITHER of the characters.

So finally another REAL tag game after FuunSTB? Interesting.

New charas are quite good, just Robert is totally 'meh' imho.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Moriya is a really good choice. He was one of the most gameplay interesting characters of Last Blade.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
beelzebubble said:
For the remaining 6, Athena has to be 1... it's very odd for her to be missing, given that she has nearly been the company mascot at times. From Samurai Shodown, I think that Hanzo really needs to make the jump. Maybe Ukyo as well, but definitely Hanzo. You have 1 rumored Fuun character (which should have been Rosa, but who knows now?). Ikari being totally unrepresented is odd as well, so maybe 1 Ikari. Then again, given SVC, maybe not. I'm wondering if King will show up, because I think she's a much better AOF rep then some of the characters already there. That leaves 1 last spot for a crazy pick like a platformer character... I think Elta is the most likely, but that may be wishful thinking.

kafuin_gaira said:
jubei or ryoko would be nice, but I know at least one person that'll be happy robert made it in
I don't know about that oldschool Robert... I'll have to boot up the old AOF games and see how he plays.

wasabi said:
Moriya is a really good choice. He was one of the most gameplay interesting characters of Last Blade.
Agreed. There are a couple more Gekka characters it'd be nice to have, but that's the only remaining Gekka character the game absolutely needed to have.

Last edited:

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
I wish Lee from LB was in it.

Lee vs. Kim would be a sweet matchup.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Athena original goddes verions and any of Ikari soldiers in their 'bare-chest' original version please.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Honestly I would be hoping for more 'non originally fighter' charas, such as:

Load Ran (with here Rabicat as a 'pod' and growing up into Sprites for a super os something)

Elta the Magician Lord (transforming all the way!)

The starring from Sengoku Denshou (yeah, that Hokuto no Ken rip-off he was)

The knight from Crossed Sword

A member of the Ninja Commando

and such

yes of course having a Rosa from Kizuna would still be awesome. I would love to see her in a game together with Leona! :) But seems it's not gonna happening...

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
although i woulda rather had lee rekka.

RESPECT.
Lee is the ideal choice for (representing the last blade in) a fighter like this. Sure his actual character/sprite/image may not be as popular as Setsuna or Kaede but his moves are a near perfect balance in strength and speed.

The crew chosen to represent the last blade should have been this:

Keade
Moriya
Setsuna
Lee Reka

Last edited:

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
k'_127 said:
Jubei and Eiji are already in one of the BGs.

That's ok, Kuroko was in the background of Shin Samurai Spirits, who's to say no one isn't going to jump out of the background and challenge?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
bokmeow said:
That's ok, Kuroko was in the background of Shin Samurai Spirits, who's to say no one isn't going to jump out of the background and challenge?

Horrible atmosphere...

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
a5641028155326.jpg

scan of arcadia.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
RESPECT.
Lee is the ideal choice for (representing the last blade in) a fighter like this. Sure his actual character/sprite/image may not be as popular as Setsuna or Kaede but his moves are a near perfect balance in strength and speed.

The crew chosen to represent the last blade should have been this:

Keade
Moriya
Setsuna
Lee Reka

That's all just opinion. I love Washizuka more than all the other characters, so I would say he's great in it (and he IS in it). So, opinions are like assholes, yet again.

I can't believe all you pricks. They make some GREAT choices, and yet you're all able to complain. WTF?

Spike

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
seems to me robert looks weird in those pics. ill have to wait till saturday when i can see the pics properly but he looks like he's wearing a mask or has marks on his face.. is that what the "wild" comment from iggy was referring to?