SSVS Now at Neostore - 3 in stock

Freelancer

Banned
Too bad about the boxes...but that seems to be somewhat normal in the case of SSVS.
Anyway, at least it's good to see some of these showing up for sale through retailers. Perhaps now the price will go down some. I'd someday like to have one of these in my collection! :)

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
RamonG = your callin the Minus One a "minty kit"?

syringe

Banned
Great News...

Shawn offering them in the Neo-Store should be the beginning of the end for insanely expensive SSVS kits.

If I had to guess, kits will be down in the "affordable" $200-300 range by january.

Division

Crossed Swords Squire
LOL

Don't expect a price drop any time soon for these kits. Cause guess what....you know that "flood" of games that were showing up? Well...that was pretty much me. ROFL.

The MVS version is going to very likely be the most sought after and rare MVS kit out there. Low production, low number of complete kits, etc. So either you grab one for your collection now....or wait untill nobody gives a crap about Neo-Geo / MVS systems any more and pick them up in a decade or so.

Some people say only 1,000 kits were made, some say 1,600. Either number makes for one hell of a low production run.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Division said:
LOL

Don't expect a price drop any time soon for these kits. Cause guess what....you know that "flood" of games that were showing up? Well...that was pretty much me. ROFL.

The MVS version is going to very likely be the most sought after and rare MVS kit out there. Low production, low number of complete kits, etc. So either you grab one for your collection now....or wait untill nobody gives a crap about Neo-Geo / MVS systems any more and pick them up in a decade or so.

Some people say only 1,000 kits were made, some say 1,600. Either number makes for one hell of a low production run.

Its 1,600 according to the official press release which makes for one hell of a large production run. Add that to the fact that you know Japanese arcade ops are getting word that these are sought after so they'll be keeping them in kit form for the most part. They'll be showing up once they've had their run in the arcades.

RamonG

World Soccer '96
Scanline said:
It was stupid to pay Divison's prices.

I know people on this site can get impatiant but lol, as SSVS filters out of the Japanese arcades expect prices to drop like a rock by january.

I don't think buying the game for that price was stupid. I'm getting a nice complete kit. And even if the price goes down later on, I won't feel bad, cause by that time, me and my friends will probably have great memories from playing the game.

syringe

Banned
lithy said:
Its 1,600 according to the official press release which makes for one hell of a large production run. Add that to the fact that you know Japanese arcade ops are getting word that these are sought after so they'll be keeping them in kit form for the most part. They'll be showing up once they've had their run in the arcades.

Exactly.

Division, You think you're the only one who will ever get their hands on a sizeable number of SSVS MVS kits and import them over? It's inevitable that as game runs it's course in the japanese arcades the supply of kits that are up for grabs will swell and prices will drop like a rock.

As someone else pointed out they were selling for $200 on yahoo japan. Once either Shawn or Trieu manages to secure a large enough supply as existing kits continue to exit out of the Jap arcades, it's ~lol lights out.

Last edited:

Division

Crossed Swords Squire
Hehe, I guess. But the MVS version has a few "quirks" to add to the value. One is obvious, the censorship. Second is the alternate opening (not really a big deal, but some collectors might think otherwise). It will always remain a well sought after kit.

And from what i've heard / read. There will NOT be any port of SSVS to any console. Wish I could remember where I read the article, but it stated along the lines that there were plans to port it, but canceled it. Things could change, but would be nice to have it exclusive to the Neos.

syringe

Banned
Division said:
Hehe, I guess. But the MVS version has a few "quirks" to add to the value. One is obvious, the censorship. Second is the alternate opening (not really a big deal, but some collectors might think otherwise). It will always remain a well sought after kit.

And from what i've heard / read. There will NOT be any port of SSVS to any console. Wish I could remember where I read the article, but it stated along the lines that there were plans to port it, but canceled it. Things could change, but would be nice to have it exclusive to the Neos.

I wouldn't expect the uncensored nature of SS5S MVS to draw in a whole new slew of home MVS'ers here or in japan if that's what you're hinting at. Razoola's bios fix helped ensured it that the aesholes wouldn't be crowding us out.\

FYI, SS5/SS5S is widely considered to be a possible combo pack for the XBOX.

edit: perhaps idiotic was the wrong word to use...I should of just said it was rather impatient.

It's just that with each previous mvs cart release we always saw two or three people jump the gun in order them at insanely high prices to have it the week its out, while the most just wait for it to drop.

Last edited:

Division

Crossed Swords Squire
ehhh, to each their own I guess. In the end, its only worth what people are willing to pay.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Yea well I paid $475 for SS5 MVS kit early on. :emb:

And even if I sell the rest of MVS stuff, I'll keep that. :envy:

edit .

Last edited:

syringe

Banned
buttasuperb said:
Yea well I paid $475 for SS5 MVS kit early on. :emb:

And even if I sell the rest of MVS stuff, I'll keep that. :envy:

edit .

Well it was the first SS in about 8 years...expectations were high.

How were you to know it was an unbalanced piece of recycled shit?

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Scanline said:
How were you to know it was an unbalanced piece of recycled shit?

Unbalanced yea, but what isn't?

Recycled yea, but what isn't?

Shit? No, it's a damn fun game as far as I'm concerned.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I got SSV MVS Kit for $99 at the Neo Store Brand New.
But with no large marqee though. :cool:

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
SSVS MVS Kit is awsome! because it has Fatalities & i
like uncensored Arcade games much better. :cool:

Man! i can't wait to get SSVS when the price drops. :)

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I think it's a joke to pay for these beat up MVS kits. A ton of money for a ragged kit? Um, no thanks.

I'll just wait... it's not like there's a ton of kick ass games coming out that I want to play while I wait for the insane price to come down farther.

Spike