Complete idiot in need of help!!!!

Division

Crossed Swords Squire
That would be me. :)

So....I'm eventually going to be installing an atomiswave into an MVS cab. (want to make them duel compatable). As far as I know, I only need to add one more button to the control panel for each player. I'm assuming that if I wanted to play any Atomiswave games that use 4 buttons or less I can just plug in the jamma harness and go.

So assuming I'm correct in the above statement, I just need that one more button. But how the hell do I wire it? (I never wired a thing in my life other than speaker cable..lol) I'm gussing I just need 2 wires for each button (power and ground) and each one plugs into the jamma harness somewhere.

Is there any kind of online "manual" on how jamma harnesses work or how they're wired?

Please :help: a noobie!

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I think from what I read elsewhere that the AW uses the same button for #5 that the neo geo uses for select up (pl. 1 button 5) and select down (player 2 button 5) but since I'm also an idiot I could be wrong :)

edit: woot my tenth post no more smilie teacup thingy :smirk:

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Before you go through too much trouble though I think the only game so far that uses the fifth button is Guilty Gear Isuka.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
KoF Neowave uses the 5th button too.

You are right, for any AW game that needs up to 4 buttons, you don't need to do anything, the 4 buttons of the MVS will work with it. About the 5th button, you should connect one of its wires to any ground in the cab, and the other in one pin of the JAMMA harness. Since this pin is the same for the MVS select button, chances are that you have it already wired at least for Player 1.

eclypse

Banned
Heres a link ot the MVS jamma harness pin out.

Damn no open slots for the new wiring.. All ya need is a pin layout for that atomis harness and look for the wiring for the 5th button for player 1 and 2 and ground and wire up the new buttons off the jamma harness to the pins on the atmos connector.. Hmm.. well but then theres already something connecting to that pin from the jamma harness.

Its a tuff one but doable.. just get a print out of that boards connector and see whats up.

Last edited:

Division

Crossed Swords Squire
Hmm.....well it would be easy to make another button on the console and link it to the select button for player 1. But I think thats gonna mean no 5th button for player 2.....which would make a 2 player game pretty interesting....lol. We'll see when I get the AW instructions and pinout sheets.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Yes, the select down is 2 player 5th button in the AW. However, I thought most MVS cabs didn't have it wired.

Division

Crossed Swords Squire
Well if select up and select down are P1 button 5 and P2 button 5....then problem solved. :)