Shermie Mr Big and Mr Karate in NGBC

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I thought this deserved its own thread since NGBC is the next big thing ATM for SNK fans. Cruising the sight yesterday I saw that they added these three. Since it was only a glance I didnt see if more were also added. I welcome these 3 as I love Mr Karate and Big is just a pimp. Shermie is definately an interesting add. Hopefully someone will post pictures.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
k'_127 said:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101704&page=3

;)

anyone else has feelings that SNKP may ruin the game with a simple stupid mistake like they did with SVC, SSVS and KOF:MI (US)?

lack of of hops/small jumps alone can easily turn me away from buying this game.

It's not that I *have feelings* that SNKP *may* ruing the game. I'm *pretty sure* they *will* ruin the game.

D'oh, who cares, not a NeoGeo game anyway.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
nazi muerto abono pa mi huerto said:
agreed

the engine seems to be the same than 2003...

That means, the same than SVC. :oh_no:

how will be sound effects?

most likely borken as in all the latest SNKP NeoGeo games.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
KOF2003 is one of the finest releases to ever grace Neo-Geo imo.

I was totally disappointed with SvC, and I felt the same toward KOF2003 in the beginning. but man, was I wrong.

once you get used to the new timings and learn some of the (many many) new things KOF2003 offers, you will enjoy it more than any other KOF.

Doulon is a bitch though :(.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
k'_127 said:
KOF2003 is one of the finest releases to ever grace Neo-Geo imo.

I was totally disappointed with SvC, and I felt the same toward KOF2003 in the beginning. but man, was I wrong.

once you get used to the new timings and learn some of the (many many) new things KOF2003 offers, you will enjoy it more than any other KOF.

Doulon is a bitch though :(.

I do like KOF2003, don't get me wrong, but I still feel the engine as sloppy and generally 'meh'. :(

It's clarely a polished version of the crappy (to say the least) SVC engine, which was fucked-up to death.

KOF2003 is better, but no way close to the firm, precise engine of previous KOF.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
my only two problems with 2003 are:

- connecting close C's after landing a jumping attack (should be less strict. but it gets better after getting used to it)

- unfair grabs priority (especially Doulon)

otherwise, I like everything else. the new moves/combos, new characters, , tags, strats .... etc.

uh and Iori is underpowered here compared to previous Iori's :(. that's exceot for his LDM.

nazi muerto abono pa mi huerto

Overtop Pathfinder
k'_127 said:
my only two problems with 2003 are:

- connecting close C's after landing a jumping attack (should be less strict. but it gets better after getting used to it)

- unfair grabs priority (especially Doulon)

otherwise, I like everything else. the new moves/combos, new characters, , tags, strats .... etc.

2003 its like a mugen, when you strike someone you really dont know where he will fall down ,you know¿

i prefer 2003 over 02 an 01, its more improved but it might have been muuuuuch better

imagine 2003 with 2002 engine and sound effects, every character with his 2 grabs and cd's attacks....

but , hey, we are not going to begin the discussion of always....each one extracts his own conclusions