6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
cool! but kinda expensive! right now. :( :cool:

I am waiting for Metal Slug 6 to come boxed with
the Atomiswave motherboard hopefully it will be
coming out soon. :cool:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Expensive...yes.

Referring to the flyer, damn, Mai is just asking to get fucked in that outfit! :loco:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I still dont get why theyre bundling the system with the carts still. If an operator has an Atomiswave system (because of older games previously purchased) shouldnt Sammy simply have the carts available?

Is the muti-functionality of the atomiswave system not one of Sammys selling points to arcade operators? (driving, racing, shooting, fighting! all in one, blah blah)........

I know im not the first to ask this but I guess a good enough answer hasnt surfaced or else I wouldnt be asking this question at this point.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Piccolo_DBz said:
Anyone gonna buy it? Is this KOF 2004 or just like a kof98, I'm hearing from other sources that it is KOF 2004, Also are they ever going to just sell the cart itself?

Gameplay-wise, it is like KOF2002 but with slight differences. Other than that it has technical improvements like high resolution backgrounds.

Regarding if it is or not this year's KOF... well... we don't really know, I hope not. And, regarding storyline, it is just a Dreammatch, so there is no actual story.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Neowave is excellent. It plays like 98 and 2002. All the crap that made 2003 to weird isnt present in this. No SVC engine either. Worth owning, I'd personally wait for a price drop though. Also waiting for the carts to be sold loose so I dont have to pop for a motherboard on each purchase.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
NeoCverA said:
I still dont get why theyre bundling the system with the carts still. If an operator has an Atomiswave system (because of older games previously purchased) shouldnt Sammy simply have the carts available?

Is the muti-functionality of the atomiswave system not one of Sammys selling points to arcade operators? (driving, racing, shooting, fighting! all in one, blah blah)........

I know im not the first to ask this but I guess a good enough answer hasnt surfaced or else I wouldnt be asking this question at this point.

Just how many operators do you know that actually have an AW system with regular control panel in location so far? Looks like Neowave could finally be the damned title that might make this system spread a bit. They are supposed to start selling singles games by the beginning of 2005. If games like NGBC still get sold with the mobo, then they are more retarded than SNKP ever was.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Just how many operators do you know that actually have an AW system with regular control panel in location so far? Looks like Neowave could finally be the damned title that might make this system spread a bit. They are supposed to start selling singles games by the beginning of 2005. If games like NGBC still get sold with the mobo, then they are more retarded than SNKP ever was.

word.

SNZero

Mr. Big's Thug
way too expencive
atomiswave needs to start selling mobos and games seperatly at reasonable prices
dont they see that if they did drop the prices a little they would sell many more items?
ah well, i'm still waiting for dolphin blue to drop in price
neo wave is way out of my price range atm

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Too expensive for home users like us, but this could be a nice inversion for arcade operators. If located in a good place with a lot of 2 player competion, they could recover those 885$ in few time. And they don't have competition of bootlegs and ROMZ this time.
Home users need to wait for this price to drop much more, wait for ports, or, in this case, just play KoF 02.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Wow, I wish I could get it. I wouldn't pop that kind of money on a game I haven't played though. In this case, I think the port will be the only option for a lot of us until the price comes down, if it ever does.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
sell the mutha' humpin' cart kits seperately! [sorry couldn't hold that in]

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Too expensive for home users like us, but this could be a nice inversion for arcade operators. If located in a good place with a lot of 2 player competion, they could recover those 885$ in few time. And they don't have competition of bootlegs and ROMZ this time.
Home users need to wait for this price to drop much more, wait for ports, or, in this case, just play KoF 02.

yeah that's kinda my thought atm.. wouldn't spend that much on it if i was just going to play it myself, but if i can get a good location to put it out on and know i'd make the money back then why the heck not.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
So I guess rumble fish will be going down now!

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
There already is!

Orochi Iori Y said:
Bring on the PS2 port! :D

b22661_ps2.jpg

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I do hope Sammy does let the games be, sold them self next year. Other wise it won't give, the "arcade operators" much insentive to carry the hardware.

It would be a waste for the operator just to buy the kit, every time just for one game. I have yet to see "Kof NeoWave" in my area afther seeing the price. Looks like a port is my best bet.

Last edited:

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Amano Jacu said:

Hehehe... funny, I am sure you know that I mean the NeoWave port. ;) 02 and 03 can already be had for a reasonable price and I have them on MVS already. I'll get them for PS2 anyhow.... but anyhow, bring on the NeoWave port! :D

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Looks like not even 1 has been sold yet, still have (10) :shame:

Last edited:

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
realgameplay said:
Looks like not even 1 has been sold yet, still have (10) :shame:
Well they are kind of pricy.

Will Sammy every have packages with just game? Wasn't that their selling point? A modular system where you could by the motherboard once and then have interchangable games?

I have also yet to play KOF Neo Wave. Has it seen a stateside release yet?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Orochi Iori Y said:
Hehehe... funny, I am sure you know that I mean the NeoWave port. ;) 02 and 03 can already be had for a reasonable price and I have them on MVS already. I'll get them for PS2 anyhow.... but anyhow, bring on the NeoWave port! :D

I knew what you mean, it's only that neowave is basically a port of 02, that's why you can just get it and you won't miss anything. I actually doubt they are going to port neowave because of this, but I could be wrong of course.
Personally, owning 02 on MVs, I wouldn't bother with a port of neowave.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Amano Jacu said:
Personally, owning 02 on MVs, I wouldn't bother with a port of neowave.

Don't you know? KoF, you gotta collect them all! ;) At least I do...

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
If atomiswave is basically a glorified dreamcast with broadband and a cart slot, just how much cheaper would it be to buy a game without the board anyways?$75-$100? Oh well, if they make enough games i'll probably get one when it is a little more affordable( I hope the used stuff is eventually mvs cheap).Untill then i'll stick to my nice affordable aes.