To Razoola: BTG

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Well, I noticed that using a DEV-BIOS not only it is possible to access Chizuru and GOenitz on KOF96 cart version, but they're also complete with all portrays (selecting, winning) and even special custom endings in all languages.

This meaning, they were perfectly complete as a cheat option (just as in KOF05) and were most likely cut out of the cart version just for commercial purpose (to have a CD-exclusive feature).

I'm starting to think the (in)famouse extras secret course of BTG to be present on the ROM set as well...

What do you think? :)

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Shito said:
Well, I noticed that using a DEV-BIOS not only it is possible to access Chizuru and GOenitz on KOF96 cart version, but they're also complete with all portrays (selecting, winning) and even special custom endings in all languages.

This meaning, they were perfectly complete as a cheat option (just as in KOF05) and were most likely cut out of the cart version just for commercial purpose (to have a CD-exclusive feature).

I'm starting to think the (in)famouse extras secret course of BTG to be present on the ROM set as well...

What do you think? :)

Im not quite sure what you are getting at here, the unibios 2.0 has cheats to unlock both these characters already. I dont know anything about a secret course in Big T Golf, can you explain more.

Raz

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
If I remember well, Neo Turf Masters in cart format has only 3 courses, while the NGCD version has 4. Shito is wondering if this extra course the CD version has not to be found in the cart version, is actually inside the cart (just hidden and unused) and it can be unlocked.
I personally think it is not in the cart and was made afterwards only for the CD version, but I could be wrong.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
There are 4 courses on the cart version I think (at least in emulation). So your saying there are 5 courses on the CD version?

Raz

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Yes, you are right, I just plugged in the cart and it has 4 courses. So I guess the CD version has 5 courses, then.
Shito is not interested in the extra characters in 96, he is just putting them as an example of a feature a priori exclusive of the CD version, but that it is in the cart version too, just "hidden". So he wonders if the same happened with Neo Turf Masters (or Big Tournament Golf).

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I had a quick look through the sprites and I couldent see any for an extra course.

Raz

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Not to go offtopic, but now that Raz is reading, do you think it's possible to introduce a cheat that enables you to always play against the secret bosses that appear rarely (and randomly?) in Aero Fighters 2 and 3?

It's been talked about it a few days ago: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102172

Thanks,
[OCEAN]

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
[OCEAN] said:
Not to go offtopic, but now that Raz is reading, do you think it's possible to introduce a cheat that enables you to always play against the secret bosses that appear rarely (and randomly?) in Aero Fighters 2 and 3?

It's been talked about it a few days ago: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102172

Thanks,
[OCEAN]

Its possible but would need to find the triggers to get them.

Raz

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
There Is am MVS KOF 96 hack circulatiing around from asia. In it, The P1 Rom is switched and it allows bosses from the get go

norton9478 said:
There Is am MVS KOF 96 hack circulatiing around from asia. In it, The P1 Rom is switched and it allows bosses from the get go

actually it uses the original p roms plus an ep1 rom that contains the hack.

I have the ep1 dump, if you want it just PM me.

Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
In the CD version, if you win all 4 courses then you unlock Scotland course :loco:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Yes, you are right, I just plugged in the cart and it has 4 courses. So I guess the CD version has 5 courses, then.
Shito is not interested in the extra characters in 96, he is just putting them as an example of a feature a priori exclusive of the CD version, but that it is in the cart version too, just "hidden". So he wonders if the same happened with Neo Turf Masters (or Big Tournament Golf).

Thanks for explaining my point, Amano.

Fact is I was kinda surprised to discover the cart verions of KOF96 having not only the bossa character selectable via DEV/UNI-BIOS (as all the KOFs so far), but also having the 'selectable boss thing' totally complete to the smallest bits (special endings, and even in all languages, all kind of protraits, etc), which was supposedly just added stuff for the CD release.

But if Razoola says nothing is in the program rom, well, maybe the 'Blue Lagoon' course really was added in the CD version of BTG after all...

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Aero Fighters 2 MVS Cart

Yeah! i beat the ghost Boss once last Monday on my
MVS Cart i just bought from the Neo Store. :cool:
I like games like that. But after you beat it, it has the same stage's
and Bosses though. It said stage 20. So i think the stage's
should've been longer and More Bosses too. :cool:
Did anyone noticed the big eye Boss appear at the Pyramid
stage.

Very! fun game. :)

Maybe the Atomiswave will an Aero Fighters 4/Sonic Wings 4