Go back to get your hat

The hat was not shipped in the box with KOF:MI (at least this is true for virtually all gamestop's) IT should be in by tomorrow or monday. Call your local game store to confirm this, but if you preordered KOF:MI you should get a hat! Chill.

daybona

Juz,
Ok, so if my customers come in asking for their hat, I'll just say: "TAKE IT EASY!"

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
When you get your hat, be sure to throw it and go, 'OKAY!'

BTW, did they ship any Japanese voice samples with the hats?

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Thanks man I'm going by tomorrow.

I wish that Gamestop would know what the hell I'm talking about when I ask if they have the hat yet.

"Is this supposed to come with a hat?" - Gamestop employee

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
Thanks man I'm going by tomorrow.

I wish that Gamestop would know what the hell I'm talking about when I ask if they have the hat yet.

"Is this supposed to come with a hat?" - Gamestop employee

lol

same old same new, game selling people don't know shit... :oh_no:

You'd have answered:

C'mon, get serious!

:buttrock:

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
jethrek said:
I wish...

People really complain alot on this forum. I think we should just be happy the game came out here. KOF isn't a big seller and I don't mind the voice acting. If it bugs you that much just buy the Jap version. You guys spend 300 on a cart so spend an extra 50 an buy the Japenese one.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Neco_Coneco said:
People really complain alot on this forum. I think we should just be happy the game came out here. KOF isn't a big seller and I don't mind the voice acting. If it bugs you that much just buy the Jap version. You guys spend 300 on a cart so spend an extra 50 an buy the Japenese one.

The reason many of us waited for the us version is for the hat, and only the hat. We were also told that the japanese voices would be left in the us version.

In the neo community there is a certain standard by which games are held, I guess you could say its because we pay so much for each game that it has to be good, or why would someone dish out $500 for SSVS? When the Neo community is lied to about the content of a game there is always an uproar of the Neo followers.

The reason KOF isn't a top seller is that the gaming pubic is misinformed mainstream gamers with the retailer knowing even less.

The english get old after the 25 time I have to hear "Your such a scam" from Mai.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Neco_Coneco said:
. I think we should just be happy the game came out here.

I think you should take your flawed opinion and shove it up your ass.

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
ORPHEUS said:
I think you should take your flawed opinion and shove it up your ass.

I am sorry I offended you. We should just try to get along. I hope you have a nice day :)

Last edited:

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Neco_Coneco said:
People really complain alot on this forum.

Holy crap! You're totally right. I never noticed that before. You oughtta do something about that, anime-boy.

I've got a good idea.

Why don't you go and start a couple of "Fuck N-G.com!" threads. Edit all your old posts so that they only say "." or "asdlasdl" and then leave the forums never to return.

That'll show everyone.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi said:
You oughtta do something about that, anime-boy.

Heh, I knew that account looked familiar.
thought you were leaving Materia?

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
So, has anybody gone back yet to see if their hat's there?
I'm going to be out of town all weekend, so I won't have a chance to. :confused:

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Trust me, many US customers have been very good to SNK over these past 14 years. I know that this isn't SNK fault at all, since EB games customers got their shit, but I like many others want what the fuck we paid for. Gamestop doesn’t need to advertise shit, they don’t have.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
greyimp said:
So, has anybody gone back yet to see if their hat's there?
I'm going to be out of town all weekend, so I won't have a chance to. :confused:

Called my local gamestop, they didn't get it in stock nor is it in their computer that the hats are coming.

P.S. Wasn't we suppose to get a 10th anniversary book to with our preorder? :spock:

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
$300.00 Shipped... No tades..j/k.
That sucks my store had more hats then games.. i was the only preorder for the box set... Also the "book" is the lil' one in with the DVD... AKA moves list*

cq4p0

$300.00 :D

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
neo_X7 said:
P.S. Wasn't we suppose to get a 10th anniversary book to with our preorder? :spock:

NO, just the dvd and the book that came in the dvds case oh and the hat :rolleyes:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
geekabilly said:
my store had more hats then games..
Woah... I Think I'll try a little social engineering at a gamestop pretty soon..

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
DanAdamKOF said:
Woah... I Think I'll try a little social engineering at a gamestop pretty soon..

I was thinking that myself. :D

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
gamejunkie said:
The reason many of us waited for the us version is for the hat, and only the hat. We were also told that the japanese voices would be left in the us version.

In the neo community there is a certain standard by which games are held, I guess you could say its because we pay so much for each game that it has to be good, or why would someone dish out $500 for SSVS? When the Neo community is lied to about the content of a game there is always an uproar of the Neo followers.

The reason KOF isn't a top seller is that the gaming pubic is misinformed mainstream gamers with the retailer knowing even less.

The english get old after the 25 time I have to hear "Your such a scam" from Mai.

Think of it this way, the Japanese get tired of hearing it too in their own language. I bet if we gave the Japanese community the American dub, they'd probably be like "WTF, this is so fucking awesome" because the English language is alien to them.

The reason KOF isn't a top seller is because Street Fighter overshadows it in almost every single way. Try playing 3rd Strike for a while, and you'll see what I mean by this. Sadly, there isn't one KOF -- and I say this as one of the biggest SNK fanboys in existance -- that really measures up to 3rd Strike. And that's really fucking sad -- nevermind the fact only 2 - 3 of the KOFs are really playable competitively without ending up wallowing in broken shit ('98, 2002 (ugh)).

Garou, though. Garou is pretty much right on par with 3rd Strike, and it only took Garou one try. I just wish they'd made a new version with more characters by now. Only problem with the game is Kevin's a bit too much on the top tier side, otherwise the game rocks.

On another note: Adam has turned into Kevin Mitnick. That fucker. ;)

Last edited:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I took my hat out of the bag and wore it! I'm the King of the Dorks!!!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
nothingxs said:
Think of it this way, the Japanese get tired of hearing it too in their own language. I bet if we gave the Japanese community the American dub, they'd probably be like "WTF, this is so fucking awesome" because the English language is alien to them.
Heh...yeah, they just might. It's happened before with other things.

nothingxs said:
The reason KOF isn't a top seller is because Street Fighter overshadows it in almost every single way. Try playing 3rd Strike for a while, and you'll see what I mean by this. Sadly, there isn't one KOF -- and I say this as one of the biggest SNK fanboys in existance -- that really measures up to 3rd Strike.
The thing is, my understanding is that current KOFs get more play over in Japan and in Korea than SF3 does, irregardless of which is "better". Third Strike may very well be the most fully developed 2D fighter ever created, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is the best loved. Personally, I'd rather play '02, Vampire Hunter, SFA2, FFS, etc. etc. "Measure up" is kind of subjective.

Certainly, Third Strike has overshadowed KOF here... but on the other hand, Third Strike has never reached the level of US awareness of the original Street Fighter 2 or Championship Edition, so I don't know how much it all means. We Americans get set in our ways...we never really let SNK get much of a foothold, but I remember bein in Japanese arcades in early '94 -- a dozen FFS cabs with easily close to a hundred people crowded around waiting their turn...meanwhile 3 Super SF cabs, completely empty. A big contrast.

nothingxs said:
Garou, though. Garou is pretty much right on par with 3rd Strike, and it only took Garou one try.
Ironically, my understanding is that MotW never made much of a dent on the gamers' conciousness, over here or in Japan.