ngbc delayed until next year

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
that's the news according to a member at snk-capcom.com.
apparently it has been pushed back to spring 2005. oh well, must be for good reasons..

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
fine with me. no need to rush things if it'll be a better product with the delay.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
kafuin_gaira said:
fine with me. no need to rush things if it'll be a better product with the delay.

Totally agree.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
I personally never expected it to be released this year, that would render it a very rushed game... especially considering that SNK HAS to release King of Fighters 2004 before the year ends.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
I personally never expected it to be released this year, that would render it a very rushed game... especially considering that SNK HAS to release King of Fighters 2004 before the year ends.

I almost guarantee you won't see a kof '04 this year.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yeah, it's sad and everything, but I still haven't even seen Neowave over here, so I'll try to pace myself. Like Gaira said, if they're using the time to improve the game, let them take all the time they need. Who knows, SVC might have been a pretty good game if they had put another 6 months into it.

and @Mushiki: I don't know about that...they didn't release KOF '03 in '03, after all... I wouldn't mind if they took their time on that also.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
I almost guarantee you won't see a kof '04 this year.

I know... but NeoWave dissapointed me so much, I am looking forward to 2004 badly.

SouthtownKid said:
@Mushiki: I don't know about that...they didn't release KOF '03 in '03, after all... I wouldn't mind if they took their time on that also.

That is right, SNK has been busy with a lot of things lately... Maximum Impact, the KOF2003 ports, all the PlayStation2 port packs, KOF 94 ReBout, NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, the whole platform switch... I just hope that NeoWave does not end being "KOF2004" and we have to wait till the end of 2005 to see a new King of Fighters game.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
I know... but NeoWave dissapointed me so much, I am looking forward to 2004 badly.

That is right, SNK has been busy with a lot of things lately... Maximum Impact, the KOF2003 ports, all the PlayStation2 port packs, KOF 94 ReBout, NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, the whole platform switch... I just hope that NeoWave does not end being "KOF2004" and we have to wait till the end of 2005 to see a new King of Fighters game.

is it neowave as bad as all that? is there a problem with gameplay? kof '02 was really popular with alot of KOF players, is this one not on the same level?

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
It's reasonable to assume that from now on all the King of Fighters games will be released the year after the year that's actually in the title. Like '03, so KOF '04 should be out in summer '05? That's what I'm thinking. If they wait longer than summer to release it, they'll keep coming out later and later.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
That's why I think they'd probably be better off not numbering them anymore. There is a segment of the gaming population that will look at a game with the last year in the title as outdated. People in general don't seem too hyped to play last year's sports games for example.

If they really went all out and made a great KOF on AW, I wouldn't mind playing it for 2 or 3 years, like Third Strike or something.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
is it neowave as bad as all that? is there a problem with gameplay? kof '02 was really popular with alot of KOF players, is this one not on the same level?

neowave is a better 2002 with a slightly different roster

the 2d sprites dont mix too well with those lifeless 3d backgrounds,but honestly,who cares

neowave is really just a game for kof fanatics,meant to be the successor of 2002 in arcade centers ( 2002 was very popular )

people bashing it maybe need a pretty story or a long anime intro or something else

something that they wont find in neowave

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
That's why I think they'd probably be better off not numbering them anymore. There is a segment of the gaming population that will look at a game with the last year in the title as outdated. People in general don't seem too hyped to play last year's sports games for example.

thats only true in europe / america,though

and japanese companies dont give a damn about europe and america...

about what you said :

thats why konami had to call the remake of the original akumajou dracula on the sfc

SUPER CASTLEVANIA 4

lol,4

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Fran said:
neowave is a better 2002 with a slightly different roster

the 2d sprites dont mix too well with those lifeless 3d backgrounds,but honestly,who cares

neowave is really just a game for kof fanatics,meant to be the successor of 2002 in arcade centers ( 2002 was very popular )

I have not played it enough, but I don't really like NeoWave because it is too similar to 2002, and I don't like the same game with 2 different names.

I like when games differ from each other, I don't think that "slight changes" are really worth.

Fran said:
people bashing it maybe need a pretty story or a long anime intro or something else

This is just plain stupid.

Last edited:

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
I have not played it enough, but I don't really like NeoWave because it is too similar to 2002, and I don't like the same game with 2 different names.

I like when games differ from each other, I don't think that "slight changes" are really worth.

that's true

but i'd be mad at playmore if i had to pay 60 or maybe 300 + dollars for the port or the homecart

but for the equivalent of 50 Y or so a play
,if you are a kof 2002 fan,you cant help but liking neowave

my point is : they probably wont even port the game

it's really just meant for vs action in arcade centers and nothing else

hence the laziness,maybe ( no new sprites,mediocre bgs,etc )

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Fran said:
that's true

but i'd be mad at playmore if i had to pay 60 or maybe 300 + dollars for the port or the homecart

but for the equivalent of 50 Y or so a play
,if you are a kof 2002 fan,you cant help but liking neowave

my point is : they probably wont even port the game

it's really just meant for vs action in arcade centers and nothing else

hence the laziness,maybe ( no new sprites,mediocre bgs,etc )

Well, I agree on that. Still, I'd rather play 98 or 2001 than 2002, I liked 2002 a lot, but definately not best, mostly because it was just a big mix of old elements, practically no really new ones.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
This is just plain stupid.

nice edit

well,i suppose the original statement was equally stupid

so i just had to reply in a stupid manner

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
this move sucks... i know more testing is a good thing but cfj wont hold me over till next year and ive given up on neowave... gonna have to do lots of gaming at home i suppose....

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
If they're not able to get the sprites into high res to match the backgrounds, every little shred of hope I ever had in SNKP will be lost. And I'm a sucker for still having some as it is ... :oh_no:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
If they're not able to get the sprites into high res to match the backgrounds, every little shred of hope I ever had in SNKP will be lost. And I'm a sucker for still having some as it is ... :oh_no:

but how would they go about doing that with the existing sprites?

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
beelzebubble said:
this move sucks... i know more testing is a good thing but cfj wont hold me over till next year and ive given up on neowave... gonna have to do lots of gaming at home i suppose....
RB2 will get a lot of play by it's #1 fan I'm sure. Don't forget about the other releases coming for ps2 as well.

By the way, got SVC for xbox? And do ya got live? If so, let's play.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
hmm, not to dissappointed if this rumor is true. I probably won't get a chance to play NGBC until it is ported.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
but how would they go about doing that with the existing sprites?

Well, turning existing sprites into hi-res would be easy, just like they did with 94 ReBout. The design part of the sprites is already completed, it is all about translating those designs into pixels in a higher resolution.

Still, that is the least they could do, even Capcom isn't as lazy as SNK with the whole sprite thing. (Disregarding Morrigan, that is...)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
If they can do it in KOF Rebout, then they can do it in a new game.

I still think it would be much better to redraw them all from scratch so the coloring is better and everything looks more natural and consistant.

Sky_R

B. Jenet's Firstmate
=Mushiki

Still, that is the least they could do, even Capcom isn't as lazy as SNK with the whole sprite thing. (Disregarding Morrigan, that is...)

That is teh funny. :lol:

Dammit dont use morrigan capcom if your not going to bother to DO anything with her! We already have enough shoto-type styled characters!