KDDI and SNK to release more than just KOF '94 online for PS2

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
From the-magicbox.com

- KDDI announced that they will cooperate with SNK Playmore to provide online matching service for PlayStation 2. SNK Playmore will be using KDDI's Multi-Matching Broadband (MMBB) service for its online enabled PS2 titles, including:

* The King of Fighters '94 Rebout (12/2004)
* The King of Fighters '95 - '97 3-in-1 (Spring 2005)
* The King of Fighters '98 - '00 3-in-1 (Spring 2005)
* Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Spring 2005)
* Bakumatsu Roman: Last Blade 2-in-1 (Spring 2005)
* Twinkle Stars Sprites (2005)

- In addition, Capcom and Bandai will continue to develop online enabled titles for PS2, using KDDI's MMBB service, two new games will support the MMBB service:

* Monster Hunter G (Capcom)
* Mobile Suit Gundam VS Z Gundam (Bandai)

I'm not sure what this MMBB crap is, probably something that you have to pay for like X-Box Live.

Even though you can still play t3h ROMz of these games online, this should be far more convenient and allow for an easier time to find people. (How many people can you find to play Twinkle Star Sprites on Kaillera without having to really try?)

Sorry if this was already posted before, but I don't see it anywhere.

mmelzer2004

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Yea, it was posted a couple weeks ago I think. Just the top (SNK) part though. Great news none-the-less. MMBB does seem like some sort of Live service to me too.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!!

SNZero

Mr. Big's Thug
* The King of Fighters '94 Rebout (12/2004)
* The King of Fighters '95 - '97 3-in-1 (Spring 2005)
* The King of Fighters '98 - '00 3-in-1 (Spring 2005)
* Twinkle Stars Sprites (2005)

Cant Feckin Wait! :buttrock:
Gonna get a new mini PSTwo and Mod my old one so i can get the games from jpn as soon as there out

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
JHendrix said:
PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!! PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!!

Who cares anyway? Inet is full of import shops isn't it?

JHendrix

Shito said:

But playing against people in Japan means a higher probabiliyt of laggy connections because of the long distance.

Also, while I have a JPN PS2 I'd have to buy that network adapter which probably isn't cheap.

Lastly I'll have a hard time playing the people here and on other forums that I'd like to.

So yeah, PLEASE DON'T ONLY BE FOR JAPAN!!!

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Shito said:
As jhendrix mentioned I think he was referring to the service itself as well. If the mmbb service is Japan only, we're fucked. Unless of course they give us some xbox love if you know what I mean.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
SnairDogg said:
As jhendrix mentioned I think he was referring to the service itself as well. If the mmbb service is Japan only, we're fucked. Unless of course they give us some xbox love if you know what I mean.

I don't have the link anymore, but I saw a press release just last week that announced that mmbb support was being expanded to the US also...

Found it:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/30/news_6109296.html

:buttrock:

Last edited:

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Chances are we'll just get stupid crap with our luck. Maybe if we're lucky, someone'll reverse engineer the program and do whatever crap you need to do so that people can run their own servers at the very least, although I doubt that would ever happen...

JHendrix

Soniku17 said:
Chances are we'll just get stupid crap with our luck. Maybe if we're lucky, someone'll reverse engineer the program and do whatever crap you need to do so that people can run their own servers at the very least, although I doubt that would ever happen...

I highly doubt that we'll see something like that any time soon. It's one thing when people are dedicated enough to do it with BNet, but the fanbase for that is so huge that it's bound to have the talented people with the will to do it.

Stuff like this is making me think it's going to either come over to the US w/ online play or it's just going to stay in Japan. :(

puyo2_dash

n00b
KDDI Service

I heard it will started first Korea(2004/12) & Japan...& expanded to US....Worldwide.

http://www.itmedia.co.jp/games/tgs/2004/news/040924/26/index.html

1.jpg

Last edited: