Best way to remove Neo side art stickers?

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
I've got a black converted cab that has the large red Neo side art stickers on each side. One side is fine, the other looks like dog shit. About a third of the sticker is missing and an outline of glue crap exists where chunks of the sticker are missing.

I could probably remove the sticker stuff with fingernail polish remover or alcohol, but what about the sticker itself? I tried picking it off, but it's stuck on there very good. I'd prefer not to scratch up the paint since it's in pretty good shape.

Dreamcazman

New Challenger
You could try kerosene or turpentine, but be careful with it. Don't rub too much or you might rub the paint off too. I guess that depends on how well the cabinet was painted.

Soak the sticker with the kero (or turps) using an old rag and leave it for a few minutes. That should make it come off much easier.

you can also try heat , a simple 1200 watt hair dryer has worked for me . work it slowly and allow the heat to soften the vinyl and peel from top down then clean the residual glue off with a non chlorinated degreaser or methyl hydrate

GamersAbyss

Chin's Drinking Partner
arcadecalgary said:
you can also try heat , a simple 1200 watt hair dryer has worked for me . work it slowly and allow the heat to soften the vinyl and peel from top down then clean the residual glue off with a non chlorinated degreaser or methyl hydrate

Agreed :) Wal-mart has a heat gun by black and decker that is a life saver for this kind of thing and its only 20 bucks! I have done 100's of conversions and this little tool will save you tons of time and energy trying get those ultra sticky CPO's and side stickers off. Hope this helps.