Cheapest place for PS2 Lasers

Benimaru

King's Dry Cleaner
Hey guys,

I have a couple of PS2s that I got for free with dead lasers. I know one of them only reads CDs but not DVDs. I was wondering what would be the best price for new or refurbished lasers, or if anyone knows a refurbisher than I can send these to and get them fixed? Thanks in advance

omnedon

Astra Superstar
They are indeed.

I recalibrate them. You should know that only maybe 7 in 10 can be successfully recalibrated (less if it's been tampered with randomly already). If it's from a version 1,2,3 or 9 PS2, the laser is not worth the attempt to recalibrate.

Benimaru

King's Dry Cleaner
How do I recalibrate them. I have several versions of the laser. BTW I noticed the link in your sig. Around how much do u charge to fix DRE ps2s.

omnedon

Astra Superstar
What I charge depends on the issue. Anywhere from $31USD to $64USD. Depends how bad off the system is. Sometimes people bring me the goddam thing in a freakin bag. :oh_no:

The right way needs an oscilloscope, and has to be tuned to the specific PS2. The other way is trial and error measure (with a meter) adjust and test. Doesn't always work either. Occasionally a laser will seem bad in one PS2, and work well in another, even of the same version. Some versions, this process can kill the laser dead. Thing is, if you ae adjusting it' it's already mostly dead, so one has little to lose.

It's a black art. :D

Benimaru

King's Dry Cleaner
Well that seems to be a really hard process. So I am not gonna go into fixing all this myself. Do you need the whole system to fix those things or will a laser with some version info be sufficient?

omnedon

Astra Superstar
I could do the lasers alone, and I have spares of every version PS2.

I would be willing to do this for trades, BTW. I collect MVS and AES. If you want to work something out. :glee:

Benimaru

King's Dry Cleaner
AES and MVS is kind of out of the question for me. As I only have a few carts that I can't part with. The only one I might trade at all is my US Slug. Which won't work since I'll need to have every broken laser in the state to match the trade.

Money wise, how much is it gonna be per laser?