2nd player question on MVS

I used to be able to play as the 2nd player on my 2 slot mvs with out picking a 1st player. Then I swtched from my US two slot to a JPN four slot and now when I play as a 2nd player the computer selects 1st player so its always 1st player vs 2nd player rather then 2nd player vs computer?

Any idea why this is and how I can correct it? Anyone please let me know. Thanks

FrostbayneAucti

Tung's Hair Stylist
Yes. Check the settings on the particular cart. If you have a certain verses setting, then you can play 1 vs 2 with just one quarter (or credit.) you do this by hitting the second player button. If its a KOF game just fix that setting and you should be fine!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Only the USA BIOS allows you to start as the 2nd player only, both JAPAN and EURO BIOS do not allow this (you can only start either a 1 player game or 1+2 player game).

What you need to fix your problem is either a USA BIOS or a UNIVERSE BIOS set in either USA mode or in EURO or JAPAN mode with the VS-MODE HardDIP on which allows a 2up only start only in most of the newer games (esp fighters).

Raz

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Razoola said:
in EURO or JAPAN mode with the VS-MODE HardDIP on which allows a 2up only start only in most of the newer games (esp fighters).

Which hard DIP? I think 2 and 3 control this stuff but I'm not sure what they exactly do.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Which hard DIP? I think 2 and 3 control this stuff but I'm not sure what they exactly do.

Well it depents on the Bios, only the bios on the MV-1C I think had VS-MODE support. Of course I added it to the Universe BIOS under HardDIP 1 when in Euro or Japan region.

Raz