The King of Fighters 2003 ARRANGED Sound Track

BlkConvoy

n00b
I just got an e-mail from a reliable source that Scitron Stereo will be releasing The King of Fighters 2003 in an arranged version:

From CD Japan

This e-mail is sent to our customers who have previously
purchased an item by the artist(s) included, as well as
for subscribers of Artist Newsmail who have registered
the artist(s).

To secure your first press copy of any of the items listed
below, preorder on or before October 14.

KDSD-50
Game Music/Ao no mamade / Tenku Danzai Skelter Heaven CDA
2800 yen US$25/110.21 Release Date:2004/11/17
Description:
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KDSD-50
KDSD-55
Game Music/Meshimase Roman Sabou - Original Dama & Soundtrack CDA
Description:
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KDSD-55
KOLA-82
Game Music/"Snake Eater"song from METAL GEAR SOLID 3 CDA
1000 yen US$9/110.21 Release Date:2004/11/17
Description:
bonus:special feature/bonus available
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KOLA-82
KOLA-89
Game Music/METAL GEAR SOLID3 SNAKE EATER ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK CDA
3000 yen US$27/110.21 Release Date:2004/12/15
Description:
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KOLA-89
SCDC-386
Game Music/KOF 2003 Arrange Tracks - Consumer Version CDA
Description:
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SCDC-386

SCDC-387
Game Music/Phantom Dust CDA
2500 yen US$23/110.21 Release Date:2004/11/17
Description:
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SCDC-387
SCDC-388
Game Music/HARD LUCK CDA
3000 yen US$27/110.21 Release Date:2004/11/17
Description:
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SCDC-388
SQEX-10041
Game Music/FINAL FANTASY XI - Promathia no Jubaku - Original Soundtrack CDA
2000 yen US$18/110.21 Release Date:2004/11/17
Description:
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SQEX-10041

Checked on Scitron's site, and they do have an upcoming release on it, but not as much detail:
http://www.webcity.jp/ds/csoon.html

It's labeled as a "Consumer Version", and I have no idea what that means. At least an arranged version of ANY kind is being released by a legit label.

That's all for now. More to come.

Last edited:

Crovax

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
This is great news. After hearing the OST, I felt that this was one KOF that deserved an AST. Finally, I'll be able to hear a fuller, arranged version of Cool Jam 2. :drool_2:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
This is good news. I'm still upset that the original Samurai Shodown V and KOF 2002 don't have ASTs. Granted they both had old stages, the music for the new stages in both 2K2 and SSV was outstanding.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
BlkConvoy said:
Checked on Scitron's site, and they do have an upcoming release on it, but not as much detail:
http://www.webcity.jp/ds/csoon.html

It's labeled as a "Consumer Version", and I have no idea what that means. At least an arranged version of ANY kind is being released by a legit label.
Dammit, I was just looking at Scitron Discs' "coming soon" page within the last few days and this info wasn't there. :blow_top: Gotta reserve this with our supplier as soon as I get home from work.

"Consumer Version" would seem to indicate that this will be the soundtrack from the home versions/ports of '03, which apparently are getting the arranged treatment (wonder if the ports'll have the option to choose between both the ost and the ast, or if the ast is all they'll have).

--Chris

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
This is simply cool, it's nice to see AST back.

Well, I guess both KOF2001 and 2002 were simply unworthy of any music arrangement, huh? :annoyed:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
'02 had some really nice tunes that I think could've been really fleshed out in an AST IMO, but yeah, '01 was just a waste of sound waves. :p

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Actually, the '01 music has grown on me, but no...it doesn't need an AST...it just is what it is...

'02 is made up largely of not-as-good versions of previously used themes, like Terry's and Kim's from FF2, New Face/Orochi team's from '97 (and '98), Iori team's from '96 (and '98), Hero team's from '00, etc. Except for the stage specific tracks, most of them can be found on various other ASTs. Still, it would have been nice to get new arranged versions all in one place.

As for '03, any place I've played it (the few times I've seen it) has been too loud to hear too much of the music, but I'm glad they're making ASTs again. Any word on SS0 or SS0S...?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Actually, the '01 music has grown on me, but no...it doesn't need an AST...it just is what it is...

Well, I have to agree with you. Point is, KOF2001 tunes hardly are music themes, just tunes. It's like a different approach, as KOF97 was (with just bg noise instead of music tunes). I have to say KOF2001 *sound* has grown on me. You come to thing that fits for combat sessions. Especially I like Zero's and Igniz's. :)

One may argue they went that way for they haven't the musicians to produce good music. May be, sure, I think that's higly likely to be the truth. But who cares? The solution works anyway to me.

'02 is made up largely of not-as-good versions of previously used themes, like Terry's and Kim's from FF2, New Face/Orochi team's from '97 (and '98), Iori team's from '96 (and '98), Hero team's from '00, etc.

Agreed again. This is the why I found '02 sound way more pitiful thant '01. KOF2002 just sounds as a fake, inferior port of the good old SNK music tunes.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Dash no Chris said:
"Consumer Version" would seem to indicate that this will be the soundtrack from the home versions/ports of '03, which apparently are getting the arranged treatment.
Scitron Discs updated yesterday with info on their November releases, including KOF 2003 Arrange Tracks ~Consumer Version~. Track for track, the listed contents of this new CD are identical to the track listing for the KOF'03 OST CD release by Scitron Discs last March 24th. Nothing extra, but it'll be interesting to see how different each track is from the original Arcade Version.

--Chris

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I'd almost think that was a mistake, because most ASTs are longer versions of fewer tracks than the OST. One possibility is that this is the PS2 and/or Xbox soundtrack, in which case it makes sense for everything that was there before to be remixed at the same length.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Listening to the ripped arranged tunes from the PS2 port right now. Fuckin' badass. Definetely on par with the good ol' stuff of KOF back before '01 came along and stank the music all up.

The arrangements do sound a touch tinny, but I'm sure its just because these are from the console rips, and will sound better on the actual CD release. Some of the instrument choices are bit odd, and sound a bit out of date, so it sounds like an arrangement from the early 90's. Still quality stuff though.

Splendid Evil/Etude of Revolution = :buttrock:

Last edited:

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
neojedi said:
I'd almost think that was a mistake, because most ASTs are longer versions of fewer tracks than the OST. One possibility is that this is the PS2 and/or Xbox soundtrack, in which case it makes sense for everything that was there before to be remixed at the same length.
Yeah, this particular CD definitely flies in the face of SNK's / Scitron's traditional AST format, which is why I'd been theorizing that it would be more like a port soundtrack than the ASTs we're used to seeing. Having seen the cover art, I'd noticed that Scitron's labelled this CD as "Arrange Tracks," rather than "Arrange Sound Trax" (as they did on their previous ASTs). I'd half-jokingly wondered to myself, "did Scitron intentionally make this subtle labelling change in order to indicate the differences between this CD and their earlier ASTs? or has it simply been so long since SNK did an AST that Scitron's forgotten what they used to call them?"
Fygee said:
Listening to the ripped arranged tunes from the PS2 port right now. Fuckin' badass. Definetely on par with the good ol' stuff of KOF back before '01 came along and stank the music all up.
Glad to hear a good first impression of the port tracks -- I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this CD.

--Chris

BlkConvoy

n00b
Fygee said:

The arrangements do sound a touch tinny, but I'm sure its just because these are from the console rips, and will sound better on the actual CD release. Some of the instrument choices are bit odd, and sound a bit out of date, so it sounds like an arrangement from the early 90's. Still quality stuff though.

Splendid Evil/Etude of Revolution = :buttrock:

Good...! They still got the touch :cool:

Just another few weeks everyone. Good things come to those who wait.

Fygee

20 Year Member
By the way, if anyone has some free webspace handy, I can upload a few song samples so you all can check it out.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Well, Splendid Evil (New Hero Team) AST track doesn't sound as great as the OST. It feels like it's missing alot of beats from the OST. I swear there was more guitar playing in the OST Splendid Evil than AST. That's my opinion anyways. Splendid Evil is my favorite OST track, next to Kyo's Blaze track.

Black Noah

Another Striker
Fygee said:

Agreed! It's really getting back on par with ol' school KOF.

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
They're cool!

ANy chance you can put more up? It's nice to hear KOF music in AST again :)

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Sure, will rip some more later and post back :)

Kaz

Seppukumaru

New Challenger
Bweh

Fygee said:
By the way, if anyone has some free webspace handy, I can upload a few song samples so you all can check it out.

Hey, Fygee... I'll try and actually get on ICQ later, we can up some then (It's Rugal, BTW...)

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Cheers mate!

Just got me reminiscing about the old music again. Arranged soundtracks are the best! :glee:

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Here's a couple more... think I am about out of room on my personal webspace, so I'll have to post some more at a later time or fygee can post some of his up :). Btw, I couldn't bothered to rename these and I wasn't sure of the proper track names so I just left them as they are named on the DVD... I'm sure you will all buy the CD/game though... hopefully you will anyway ;)

New Garou
Adelheid

Enjoy... Garou one is especially good! :buttrock:

edit: Actually I *do* have enough space, so here's some more ;D. That's it for now anyways :)

Womens Team 1
Womens Team 2
Ryuuko

Kaz

Last edited:

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
Personally, I love the new Arranged Soundtrack for KoF 2k3. It sounds a whole lot better than the original Arcade music. Having played the import, it really enhances the experience of playing the game.

I like the new Kusanagi rendition of the ol' Japan theme. Sounds really good. Even the Flash scene music has a nice sound to it now. :buttrock:

Everyone should definitely check out the Double pack for those interested in the Arranged soundtrack.