Xbox SVC chaos impressions

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I've played the game for an hour. It looks and plays exactly like the ps2 version. It has the same graphics options (graphics: normal or arcade, screen a or b) and extras seem the same (unlockable gallery.) The only noticable difference is that when I pick a character the game stops for a second and the announcer says something different before the round.

Online seems to be cool. There are about 10 people on so far. I did experience some lag (all of us are in japan) so its a little distressing. I was also kicked out of a game 3 or 4 times randomly (that may have been due to the earthquake that happened though) We just rejoined and it was ok.

Unfortunately lag in this game makes the already overpowered fireball games completely lame.

Theres a new option called Lobby. Players create a room where everyone can hook up and play matches. I haven't completely figured out what you can do, but its pretty cool. You can just play quick matches with a lot of different people.

Overall its a great package, it comes with some beautiful post cards and a cheesy calander. The cover of the game is great, big booby mai and chun li looking hot.

Well I hope everyone gets this. The first online snk-playmore battling. Im STOKED.

Last edited:

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Thanks for the impressions. I have thought about picking it up but I am still thinking I may buy the MVS version.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Thanks RBJS, I want to get this tomorrow, but I'm afraid it will interfere with my studies. By the way, what kind of stick are you using? What do you think would be best, and also do you use headset? Thanks,

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'll be picking this up, so I hope to see you on RBJ.

(This POS should really be $20, not $50)

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
yar, i hear that.

i'm hoping fry's will have it on sale on friday.
What the fuck are you bitching about mr 100.00 for being employee of the month
I have a 10% off best buy coupon but i'm still not sure if I want to spend the money for it . I need a little more feedback on how bad the lag really is .

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
FatGuy said:
What the fuck are you bitching about mr 100.00 for being employee of the month
I have a 10% off best buy coupon but i'm still not sure if I want to spend the money for it . I need a little more feedback on how bad the lag really is .

whoa relax mr. funbags, i'll probably be getting it anyways, but it being 35-40 would be nice. this gift check makes my wallet itch, and fry's is the perfect place to cure that.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
SnairDogg said:
Thanks RBJS, I want to get this tomorrow, but I'm afraid it will interfere with my studies. By the way, what kind of stick are you using? What do you think would be best, and also do you use headset? Thanks,

I'm using a Hori FT2 stick. I really really like it, I also recomend a Real Hori Arcade stick, a friend of mine has it. I use the head set too, but I found the majority of fighting game players (on ggxx and cvs2 don't use it :crying: )

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Damn in the US we have to wait till Friday Oct 8th to pick ours up.

Yeah its kinda lame that it is $50.00 but I am gonna support SNK Playmore USA in the hopes that if this and the KOF 02/03 pack sell well that we will get the other KOF/LB/and Garou collections here stateside for Xbox LIVE.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I'm glad to hear that lag doesn't kill the game.

I thought the removed Geese and Zero's infinites, but someone told me they tell you how to do them in some strategy guide that was released over in the U.S. But guides are known to be wrong, so I don't know.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
@rbjakespecial, don't know if you or anyone else will know this, but, will we be able to play against you for instance in Japan? Or will it be limited to whatever country you're in? PSO for gamecube used to mix Japanese and U.S. gamers, so it's definitely possible I would imagine. Haven't had xbox for more than a year now, so this game (as well as the future releases) is what warrants the purchase of another box.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
SnairDogg said:
@rbjakespecial, don't know if you or anyone else will know this, but, will we be able to play against you for instance in Japan? Or will it be limited to whatever country you're in? PSO for gamecube used to mix Japanese and U.S. gamers, so it's definitely possible I would imagine. Haven't had xbox for more than a year now, so this game (as well as the future releases) is what warrants the purchase of another box.

You can play US vs JPN players in CVS2 and GGX2 on Xbox live so I dont see why SVC wouldnt let you.

mvsplayer

Cheng's Errand Boy
so does it do the same "loading lagg" like it did in the xbox magazine demo disc?

for instance, right before would fight a oponnet it would kinda stall like it was loading. does that sound correct?

i picked the game up today after work, but havent played it yet, i came home and found my cat had chewed through my controller wire. so i gotta fix it now.
:crying:

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The review sounds like they have no idea what they're talking about. Of course, in this case, that can work in favor of the game. "Solid", and Substance-over-style" weren't terms that would have come to my mind.

"Published by SNK and developed by Playmore" sounds odd also.

I also enjoyed: "Like any fighting game, you can beat it with a single character in about an hour." An hour? What, are there 7 minute loads between stages or something?

In the end though, I'm glad they reviewed it, that the game is getting some coverage, and that it sounds fairly positive.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yea, I would love to pick up this game, but the price point is an oddity to me. It's just interesting how SNK will be coming out with KOF 2002/2003 and MS 4/5 for $40. Two games for $40, or one game for $50. It just doesn't make sense to me and I just wonder why the put it up and extra $50. Metal Slug 3 would be more worth $50 then SNK vs Capcom in my opinion.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Well, I purchased this today. I must say I am not completely satisfied.

First off: Athena is a selectable character.... Thanks SNK, you just ruined the Live experience.

Second: Lag, Lag, and more Lag.

Third: The button input seems slightly delayed. Yeah, when not on Live.

In conclusion, if you don't own a homecart system/MVS, buy one and get some friends. However, in the xbox Live preferences you can set it to Normal characters only, but the secret characters are all very good except Athena.
THAT IS WHY ATHENA WASN'T A SELECTABLE CHARACTER IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Good job SNK, congrats and thank you again for yet another inferior port.

Benimaru

King's Dry Cleaner
I thought this game wasnt coming out till another week or so. Fuck gamecrazy with their wrong dates. Well at least this game seems to be poop so far. I might buy it if it drops. Even though SNK releases never seem to drop in price.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
Third: The button input seems slightly delayed. Yeah, when not on Live.
Out of curiousity, what kind of controller are you using? I've heard of this happening on X-Box when using certain sticks/controllers with an adapter.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
don't know why I bought mine,
it's cool I guess, but like metal slug 3, feels rather dull without a stick.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Fifty bucks seems a bit high for a mediocre port. I'll either wait a while, or won't get this one at all. Maybe on MVS though.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The buttons aren't delayed for me, and I'm using the regular old style Xbox controller. I like it, for the most part. I've had some lag-free matches this morning and it was great. Just stay off peak time and you don't have much to worry about. The things that did bother me is the delay after you pick your character.. it just seemed very ackward. Doesn't hinder gameplay, but something that does is after some rounds (seems random so far, I haven't found something that's continuous in every occurance) is delay after it says "FIGHT." Usually I'm all about setting up my first attack, but with the delay I'm kind of just sitting there and have to react whenever I see the opponent make their first move. It's kind of aggrivating, but it hasn't happened on live. When I play by myself, I just play it on the hdd (I have my Xbox modded). No delays, and everything is gravy.