colosseum speculation and info (after scrutinizing arcadia and dorimaga)

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i got some time to read a bit of the article in arcadia and to take a really close look at everything as well as realizing there is a spread on the game in the latest dorimaga as well, this is what i came up with:

1. geese has his air fireball like in chaos.

2. terry has his dashing C overhead from RB2 and the caption for that pic also hints that despite being in motw gear he may have an RB2/RB series moveset or at least a mix.

3. sprites seem to either be new (asura, etc), redrawn (tung, nako, akari) or touched up. whether nako, hao and the like are touched up or redrawn is impossible for me to tell with the photos in arcadia but there is definite consistency (unlike the half assed job done on hugo/genjuro in svc) in the sprites and they all look kof style now (even akari and kaede, etc seem to). of course i could be wrong but the shots in arcadia are very clear and the only iffy one i noticed is rock who might only be slightly altered from his motw self. grain of salt opinion based info of course.

4. k is his 2k3 self it would seem with his air fb/

5. seems to be a tag in and out anytime kof2k3 style system as opposed to a cfj change between battles one. as is made obvious by half bars on background characters while on screen characters are full and vice versa.

6. in arcadia characters are grouped into fatal fury (6), kof (3), samsho (3), last blade (3), third party (3), metal slug (1) and kotm (1).

7. dorimage hints strongly that there will be a kizuna character in the game :) (eagle, fat cop or hayate plz)

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Thanks for the info, brightens up an otherwise stressful day.

You're like our own fighting game CNN, keep the reports coming! :D

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
cant be carol as she appears in one of the backgrounds

rosa,please

2nd choice : gozu / mezu

( gozu if you select the character with A,mezu with D )

i know snkp will never do it,but they're basically the same...

3rd choice : king lion

please,no nicola and no clown

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
gozu or mezu would be nice from kizuna, but I don't care. I've already decided my team will consist of Asra and Tung Fu Rueue. :make_fac:

thanks for the info beez

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm so excited to check this out... too damn bad I don't have Atomiswave. Sigh. I've not been this excited about a "neo geo game" since... KOF2k2?

I want this bad. Keep the characters coming. Hell, even if they stop with what's there now, that would be good enough.

Spike

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
JHendrix said:

He's the man!

@jhendrix, don't feel bad man, I'm having one of those days too. Hang in there.

syringe

Banned
JHendrix said:

He's easily the most valuable member due to the constant stream of location test report.s

BeezleBubble> everybody else.

Last edited:

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
beelzebubble said:
i got some time to read a bit of the article in arcadia and to take a really close look at everything as well as realizing there is a spread on the game in the latest dorimaga as well, this is what i came up with:

2. terry has his dashing C overhead from RB2 and the caption for that pic also hints that despite being in motw gear he may have an RB2/RB series moveset or at least a mix.

3. sprites seem to either be new (asura, etc), redrawn (tung, nako, akari) or touched up. whether nako, hao and the like are touched up or redrawn is impossible for me to tell with the photos in arcadia but there is definite consistency (unlike the half assed job done on hugo/genjuro in svc) in the sprites and they all look kof style now (even akari and kaede, etc seem to). of course i could be wrong but the shots in arcadia are very clear and the only iffy one i noticed is rock who might only be slightly altered from his motw self. grain of salt opinion based info of course.

5. seems to be a tag in and out anytime kof2k3 style system as opposed to a cfj change between battles one. as is made obvious by half bars on background characters while on screen characters are full and vice versa.

6. in arcadia characters are grouped into fatal fury (6), kof (3), samsho (3), last blade (3), third party (3), metal slug (1) and kotm (1).

7. dorimage hints strongly that there will be a kizuna character in the game :) (eagle, fat cop or hayate plz)

Like wise, I got that Arcadia as well. I'd be looking forward to NGBC beta testing if Neo-Geo Land 3 weren't a parking lot now. Oh well, maybe elsewhere. This game is looking good.

BTW I'm meeting an SNK illustrator this weekend. :glee:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
KRONOS said:
Any particular reason why you say that but don't mention which one?

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
KRONOS said:
Like wise, I got that Arcadia as well. I'd be looking forward to NGBC beta testing if Neo-Geo Land 3 weren't a parking lot now. Oh well, maybe elsewhere. This game is looking good.

loke testing still goes on in osaka. they use two arcades for it. one is in esaka where neogeoland used to be, in fact its about 2 mins walk from esaka station though i cant remember its name (right outside esaka midosuji station) the other one is where i went to the loke test of neowave and cfj. its called chateau ex and its at kyobashi (about 3 mins walk from the station).

pm me when loke test time comes round (later this month id say) and we can go together if you are interested.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
SouthtownKid said:
Any particular reason why you say that but don't mention which one?

I'll be meeting Shirai Keiji (RB2, Samurai Spirits, Sengoku 3). The artist is a friend & a mentor for me (I do some character illustration myself). Shirai is my fave SNK artist.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
KRONOS said:
I'll be meeting Shirai Keiji (RB2, Samurai Spirits, Sengoku 3). The artist is a friend & a mentor for me (I do some character illustration myself). Shirai is my fave SNK artist.

He is a great artist. very talented indeed.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
DevilRedeemed said:
He is a great artist. very talented indeed.

Actually, Shirai-san is a very nice Japanese lady. In more recent times, she's done illustrations for Marvel too. I'm really hoping we'll see more of her work in future SNKP releases.

Beelzebubble, I've been to those arcades in the past I think. I was just in Esaka the other day to rescue my jidensha from bike jail 'cause I parked it ILLEGALLY. But, yeah let's do the NGBC loke test. Just promise not to write ya "owned me" like when I sent in that SVC beta review (holding back tears). Let's mail when it's beta time.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
KRONOS said:
Actually, Shirai-san is a very nice Japanese lady. In more recent times, she's done illustrations for Marvel too. I'm really hoping we'll see more of her work in future SNKP releases.

Beelzebubble, I've been to those arcades in the past I think. I was just in Esaka the other day to rescue my jidensha from bike jail 'cause I parked it ILLEGALLY. But, yeah let's do the NGBC loke test. Just promise not to write ya "owned me" like when I sent in that SVC beta review (holding back tears). Let's mail when it's beta time.

:emb:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Fran said:
cant be carol as she appears in one of the backgrounds

rosa,please

2nd choice : gozu / mezu

( gozu if you select the character with A,mezu with D )

i know snkp will never do it,but they're basically the same...

3rd choice : king lion

please,no nicola and no clown

Well, I guess the most logial pick would be either Rosa, Hayate or King Lion. No Kim for we already have 'a Kim' in the crew. Gozu and Mezu... well, they could put them both for the 'price' of one sprite only... Hanzo/Fuuma anyone? ;)

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
hey kronos where can i find Shirai Keiji art.. i looked in google but didnt find anything. dousnt she have a site or something. im also really interested in the rb2 art. im a drawer too and once i get a scanner ill show some of my work. doesnt she or you have any images in an artist ring or something. thanx in advance!!

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
beelzebubble said:

thanks for the good news and like JHendrix said you are the CNN of fighting game ohh king lion all the way :glee:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
beelzebubble said:

*crosses fingers* fire kick fire kick fire kick fire kick

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
i just hope they dont forget yamazaki. hes too unique too be missed. by the way, anybody know who drew the art in ff3, i mean the terry, geese and yamazaki ones you see in the prologue and ending of the booklet. thanx in advance..!

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
KRONOS said:
Just promise not to write ya "owned me" like when I sent in that SVC beta review (holding back tears).

:glee:

so was it you i "owned" that time..?

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
KRONOS said:
KRONOS, I was under the impression that her SNK penname was pronounced Shiroi Eiji. I can check my SNK illustration books when I get home from work, but that's the pronunciation I remember.
MUSOLINI said:
hey kronos where can i find Shirai Keiji art.. i looked in google but didnt find anything. dousnt she have a site or something.
Shiroi Eiji's recent work is being done under the penname Mera Zin (pronounced "jin," but rendered in English as "zin"). Her old website -- Quarter House's FRONT LINE -- was located at http://www.ringo.sakura.ne.jp/~quarter/ but it's new location is http://royalhunter.com/ . The easiest way to collect Shiroi Eiji's artwork is to pick up any of the several SNK illustration books published in the last few to several years. The most recent book I've seen from her (under the Mera Zin penname) is this one:

(TITLE) Shinban: Tange Sazen [New Edition: Tange Sazen]
(AUTHOR) Mera Zin
(PUBLISHER) Leed-sha
(ISBN#) 484582728X
(ON SALE) 11/25/2003
(PRICE) 550 yen
(PAGE CT) 114 pages

The story of one-eyed, one-armed swordsman Tange Sazen has been the subject of numerous Japanese novels, movies, and manga over the years -- as well as being the design inspiration for the Guilty Gear series' character, Baiken. "Shinban: Tange Sazen" is a new manga adaptation. No Shiroi Eiji fan should go without this manga -- I got my copy over the summer, and the artwork is pure gold from cover to cover.

BTW, Shiroi Eiji / Mera Zin is a big fan of American comic books (as KRONOS alluded). Here's a "report manga" she drew, documenting her experience at Universal Studios Japan's "The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man: The Ride."

--Chris

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Dash no Chris said:
KRONOS, I was under the impression that her SNK penname was pronounced Shiroi Eiji. I can check my SNK illustration books when I get home from work, but that's the pronunciation I remember.

You're correct. The name came from nothing but she played Eiji Kisaragi in his second outfit (AOF2) when he first arrived at SNK.

You can check Fran's avatar for a direct reference.

I didn't know she's a female though. :)

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
MUSOLINI said:
i just hope they dont forget yamazaki. hes too unique too be missed. by the way, anybody know who drew the art in ff3, i mean the terry, geese and yamazaki ones you see in the prologue and ending of the booklet. thanx in advance..!

That was Shirai-san's work. Like another member wrote, that's her SNKP pen name. You can find more of her work in the SNK section of www.arcadeflyers.com Here's some games: Art of Fighting 2, Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury Special, Real Bout 2, Kizuna Encounter, etc.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
beelzebubble said:
:glee:

so was it you i "owned" that time..?

I don't know if we fought. Are you a gaijin? Anyway, don't write trash about me guy.