Loose contacts in AES

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Hey everybody. I'm just looking for a few suggestions as the best way to make my contacts work a little better for my AES. With my home carts it seems to work fine, but my phantom converter + MVS sometimes I have to fiddle with to get working, presumably because of my loose contacts.

Anyway, any suggestions would help. One person told me that it might not be a bad idea to get my phantom in some sort of case for when i put it into the neo for a tighter fit. I really have no idea how to do this.

Thanks

omnedon

Astra Superstar
Semi on topic:

It looks like the regular supplier of Neo AES compatible replacement cartridge slots, Digi-Key, is no longer carrying the parts in stock. They are now a 'Non- Stock' item, and the only way to get them through Digi-Key now, is to order a minimum quantity of -

:eek_2:

I got a phone call from one of their reps after making an enquiry, and the only way I could get a smaller amount, is if I make a committment to buy in regular quantities, frequently, like 100+ per order.

I need maybe 8. That would last me, possibly forever.

This is not good news. If anyone knows of an alternate source for these very specifically sized edge connectors, please share.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
hmmm, i though these were still readily available... :spock:

omnedon

Astra Superstar
If you could find them anywhere, where they could be ordered from, I would be eternally grateful.