SNK NEOGEO Backs KOF: Maximum Impact Release with Massive Marketing Campaign

KDash31987

Overtop Pathfinder
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/kofworkingtitle/factsheet_6109306.html

http://www.snkneogeousaconsumer.com/snk_marketing.php

SNK NEOGEO Backs KOF: Maximum Impact Release with Massive Marketing Campaign

National TV, Bonus Pack-Ins and a WWE Sweepstakes Highlight ‘Impactful’ Program

WALL, NJ. – September 30, 2004 – SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORPORATION, the US publishing arm of the SNK NEOGEO CORPORATION, announced today that they will be supporting the upcoming release of their first 3D PlayStation2 game, KOF: MAXIMUM IMPACT, with a massive marketing campaign that includes national television and magazine advertising, premium packaging, bonus pack-ins, a limited edition Terry Bogard hat, and a special November sweepstakes in conjunction with World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (WWE). KOF: MAXIMUM IMPACT is SNK's first original THE KING OF FIGHTERS game for home consoles and ships to retailers nationwide on October 12, 2004.

Starting in October, SNK will be running spots on networks such as ESPN, Comedy Central, Spike TV, MTV, and G4 in support of the October 12th launch of KOF: MAXIMUM IMPACT. In addition to the national television ads, the game will be supported by a multi-month print campaign featuring full page ads in publications such as FHM, WWE Magazine, DC Comics, Game Informer, GMR, and GamePro.

In November, SNK will launch a sweepstakes with the WWE that will award one lucky consumer (and a guest) a trip to a WWE Live Event to meet a WWE superstar and play against him in KOF: MAXIMUM IMPACT. The contest will run from November 1 to November 30, 2004 and be promoted on WWE's website and in their various publications.

Consumers who purchase KOF: MAXIMUM IMPACT will receive a limited edition Terry Bogard "Fatal Fury" hat, (supplies will be limited) as well as a bonus DVD featuring behind the scenes footage, developer interviews, character profiles and much more. An extra guide to each KOF: MAXIMUM IMPACT character – revealing their stories and listing their game combo moves will also be a part of this premium package.

"For the past ten years consumers worldwide have helped make THE KING OF FIGHTERS franchise one of the most popular fighting games of all time," said Ben Herman, SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORPORATION President. "We consider the launch of KOF: MAXIMUM IMPACT as a 'fan appreciation' day – we're giving our fans lots of bonus materials to thank them for supporting KOF this past decade."

About SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORPORATION

Over the past 15 years, SNK has published classic arcade titles such as THE KING OF FIGHTERS, BASEBALL STARS, METAL SLUG, SAMURAI SHODOWN, and FATAL FURY on a wide variety of home gaming and handhelds systems. You can find more information about SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORPORATION games at http://www.snkneogeousaconsumer.com

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
In November, SNK will launch a sweepstakes with the WWE that will award one lucky consumer (and a guest) a trip to a WWE Live Event to meet a WWE superstar and play against him in KOF: MAXIMUM IMPACT.

I think it would be completely hilarious if the guy who won was some sort of Korean fighting game expert. All the poor WWE guy could do is sit there and die. :p

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
I keep meaning to drive down to their office in Wall just to see what it looks like.. Still havent gotten around to it...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Fygee said:
I think it would be completely hilarious if the guy who won was some sort of Korean fighting game expert. All the poor WWE guy could do is sit there and die. :p
Be funnier if the WWE guy is a sore loser. Maybe a power bomb through a table.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
SouthtownKid said:
Be funnier if the WWE guy is a sore loser. Maybe a power bomb through a table.
Not to offend anyone, but I'm sure this will. The whole WWE advertising aspect is gay, but I'm sure it will draw some people to buy the game/get interested in KOF. Although, I think people that watch WWE are generally white trash, maybe they'll use their money to buy this game instead of a new nascar wardrobe.

venom x

n00b
yeah, the WWE sucks, but there's millions of other people that like it for some reason, and the sweepstakes is definately a good way to get a lot of people interested in the game, and who knows, maybe it'll even get people interested in SNK's other games as well.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
I also mentioned previously the Max Impact ad that I saw in this month's FHM (the one with Alyssa Milano on the cover). Anybody scan that yet?

KDash31987

Overtop Pathfinder
ferrarimanf355 said:
I also mentioned previously the Max Impact ad that I saw in this month's FHM (the one with Alyssa Milano on the cover). Anybody scan that yet?

Do you mean this one? (I scanned this a while back, and I also posted it here before)

EDIT: I just found out there was another ad with Mai in FHM, so this is not the one you were talking about. Sorry.

KOFMI_mag-ad.jpg

Last edited:

AztekNinja

Fire Starter, Instigator, the guy from RE5
And yet another reminder that sex....sells! Like we don't notice the obvious big boobed goodness. lol

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
funny how SNK hasn't given a rat's ass about a marketing campaign until a 3D game comes out.

:spock:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
WakuWakuWeirdo said:
funny how SNK hasn't given a rat's ass about a marketing campaign until a 3D game comes out.

:spock:
There were ads for the KOF 2-pack on PS2 and ads for MS3 on X-Box. Also a contest to win a cab for SvC on X-Box. Don't forget ads for Metal Slug Advance.

You must have ignored them because they were 2D games.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Oh, so SNKwhoever is greatly promoting a PLAYSTATION2 game in the US, huh?

big deal, but what about moving this thread in the unrelated forum?

This still should be NEO-GEO.com, right? :rolleyes:

Oh, well...

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Come on, shito, like it or not but this belongs to News & Rumors. Now if somebody posted this in 24 bits you would have the right to complain...
If we couldn't talk about news about ports or original games ("inspired" on Neo Geo franchises) from SNK to other systems, we should as well just delete the news forum.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Come on, shito, like it or not but this belongs to News & Rumors. Now if somebody posted this in 24 bits you would have the right to complain...
If we couldn't talk about news about ports or original games ("inspired" on Neo Geo franchises) from SNK to other systems, we should as well just delete the news forum.

Well, actually with the Neo being just a retro system now, you have a point indeed.

A 'port & other systems' SNK games' would be much needed imho.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I actually agree that a board for "Ports and SNK games for non-Neo Geo systems" could be quite useful, for example the Atomiswave games could also fit there.
However the "News" forum should also deal with that stuff, as unfortunately hardly any real news are 100% neo geo now... Just have a look at the front page of this board, most threads are like that.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
that flyer is awful

it just screams

LOOK HOW WE CAN'T DO 3D VERY WELL!!! BUY NOW

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
As someone who owns KOF:MI, the game deserves to sell well. I really hope it does, since it is such a good effort.

But yeah Shito, I think the mods and Shawn have made it clear that posting news about SNK's new games is perfectly legit in this forum.

Heck even the NEOstore is selling Atomiswave systems.

msu89dawgs

Hardened Shock Trooper
I just wish they would release it on the XBox, and include 480p or 1080i HD support...

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
KDash, that's not the one. It focused on Mai, which makes sense since the ad I mentioned was in FHM. ;)

KDash31987

Overtop Pathfinder
ferrarimanf355 said:
KDash, that's not the one. It focused on Mai, which makes sense since the ad I mentioned was in FHM. ;)

I know, that's why I edited my post earlier mentioning it.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
I hate to say this but "King of the Fighters is not known well by mainstream public and gamers in the US". In fact most MVS machines have been out of arcades since 96 in some cities, and games like Metal Slug 3, MOTW, and king of the fighters 97 and up never reached arcades. SNK just wants to be known.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Hmm not a bad voice at all (listened to the "Jaguar" sample) Though if SNKUSA is having very minor people do the voices, my hopes aren't too high now.

His IMDB Profile doesn't have much experience at all.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0480574/

I guess this is a guy who msotly does commercial voicovers.