Official KOF '94: Re-Bout site now open! (plus other updates)

KDash31987

Overtop Pathfinder
The King of Fighters '94: Re-Bout official website

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof94/index.html

p_top01.jpg

p_top03.jpg

Also. the official NeoGeo Battle Coliseum website has updated with the profiles for:

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/nbc/character/index.html

Kyo Kusanagi
p_kyo2.jpg

Iori Yagami
p_iori2.jpg

Rock Howard
p_rock2.jpg

Kisarah Westfield
p_kisarah2.jpg

Haohmaru
p_haohmaru2.jpg

Cyber Woo
p_cyberwoo2.jpg

Kaede
p_kaede2.jpg

Akari Ishijo
p_akari2.jpg

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
think about it

its 1998

you're sitting down playing your favourite team in kof98, just about to fight shingo

then you think

"its so fucking obvious SNK(P) are going to release kof94 AGAIN on the 10year anniversary"

then you beat shingo for the first round.

WARP TO NOW

wow, I'm totally utterly flabbergasted they re-released 94.. NO-ONE saw that coming.

:rolleyes:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Wow, I love the art on the NGC game. Who's the artist? Looking great! All of them look just fantastic, but Haohmaru looks especially badass.

Spike

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
Wow, I love the art on the NGC game. Who's the artist? Looking great! All of them look just fantastic, but Haohmaru looks especially badass.

Spike

Again, all my bets are on Nona. :)

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I thought they looked like Tonko's work.
Was doing the guesswork by comparing them to the distinctive round clean lines with the Last Blade or Garou: Mark of the Wolves artwork he's done.

But the color shading doesn't make sense and seems closer to Nona's.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well Marco is fugly as hell but I love the art for Haohmaru, Asura, and Tung Fu Rue.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
bokmeow said:
I thought they looked like Tonko's work.
Was doing the guesswork by comparing them to the distinctive round clean lines with the Last Blade or Garou: Mark of the Wolves artwork he's done.

But the color shading doesn't make sense and seems closer to Nona's.

Actually I think it's Nona trying to get the original style of each character former art in his own style. If you look closerly, only characters originally drawn from Tonko are, er, Tokìnko-like. But IE Haohmaoru is nothing like that. :)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I still think the facial expressions are far too different from anything else I've ever seen Nona draw. They're just too plain, and we all know how Nona can rarely ever be accused of being plain. ;)

I'm surprised no one can find out for sure who it is though. There's got to be some confirmation on some obscure Japanese site somewhere. :p

Twinkle Star

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I think Nona's artwork in NGBC is too plain but still has that same SNK feel(anime-ish i guess). :smirk:

KDash31987

Overtop Pathfinder
Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The team pictures look too American comic book-y for me. Somehow, I see a little Greg Land or something in the way this guy spots his black areas. I think they were trying to do that to get something similar to Shinkiro, but it doesn't work for me. I don't hate the drawings or anything and they're not bad, but I don't really like them either. For one thing, the guy doesn't have half of Shinkiro's design sense, imo.

And just to kick off the next round of pointless whining: I'm kind of disappointed they've chosen to add team edit to '94.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
The team pictures look too American comic book-y for me. Somehow, I see a little Greg Land or something in the way this guy spots his black areas. I think they were trying to do that to get something similar to Shinkiro, but it doesn't work for me. I don't hate the drawings or anything and they're not bad, but I don't really like them either. For one thing, the guy doesn't have half of Shinkiro's design sense, imo.

And just to kick off the next round of pointless whining: I'm kind of disappointed they've chosen to add team edit to '94.

Personally, I never really liked team editing in any of the KOF's. I know that makes me a lunatic, or whatever, but that's just my opinion.

KDash31987

Overtop Pathfinder
For those who do not know, Hiraoki is the official artist for the King of Fighters '94: Re-Bout.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Verythrax said:
HAHAHA!

High resolution? I call that "anti-aliasing".

You're.... you're joking, right? It's clearly redone. I can't wait to get this!

But the backgrounds? Hmmm....

Spike

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
Personally, I never really liked team editing in any of the KOF's. I know that makes me a lunatic, or whatever, but that's just my opinion.
What I really didn't like at all was in '97, when the computer uses team edit. What the hell is that...?

And that's Hiroaki?! I could see the main illustration, I guess, but I don't like the style he used for the team illos. I like the stuff he did on the Arcadia '02 mook, the '02 main poster, etc. I think that style suits him better.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Agreed. I like team edit, but it is better if the computer does not use it against you... So I am glad that there will be team edit. :D

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Verythrax said:
HAHAHA!

High resolution? I call that "anti-aliasing".

That would have to be one hell of an anti-aliasing technique, then.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
ying123 posted these over at snk-capcom.com...Enjoy.

kof94a.jpg

kof94b.jpg

This pic is nice too...Has nothing to do with KOF '94 Re-bout though
devilgirl.jpg