November OXM Mag: SVC Demo + Ad

Freelancer

Banned
Subscribers to the OXM Magazine should be getting their November issues now (if they haven't already). The featured game in this issue is Splinter Cell 3: Chaos Theory. However, that's not the big news....pop in the included Demo Disc and you'll find a demo of the upcoming SVC CHAOS.

Also, in the mag itself is an ad for the game along with a contest sponsored by SNKP that gives you the chance to win an SVC Coin-op.

8 demos total on this disc, the most notable being:
*Outrun
*Otogi 2
*Bloodrayne 2
*SVC Chaos

Last edited:

Freelancer

Banned
So...anyone get the new issue yet?
Any thoughts on the xbox port of SVC? How about Otogi 2?

Anyone?

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i beta tested blood rayne 2 and it was pretty good

on a related note, i need to get this disc :glee:

Curt

apostate
Freelancer said:
I forgot to mention...if anyone wants to enter to win the SVC Coin-Op machine, here's the link:

www.snksweeps.com

Good luck!

Ha ha ha... I entered...

But why would I want such a cab... All I would need is a MV1-C and one of those MVS carts, then any black cab and then the marquee... or better yet just a Neo and the AES cart.

I don't know why I entered... the stupid cab would be better off going to some dirt poor 12 year old, If I won i'd just sell it on these forums immediately...

Also why does the Stupid SNK page Say SVC Chaos "ONLY on Xbox"

Balderdash. I have the AES NGH Cart that says that's completely false...

And don't give me it's on live, and they changed some things, so it's a new game... Yadda yadda yadda.

It's NOT only on xbox and SNKConsumerUSA knows it.

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug
CurtWRX said:
Ha ha ha... I entered...

But why would I want such a cab... All I would need is a MV1-C and one of those MVS carts, then any black cab and then the marquee... or better yet just a Neo and the AES cart.

I don't know why I entered... the stupid cab would be better off going to some dirt poor 12 year old, If I won i'd just sell it on these forums immediately...

Also why does the Stupid SNK page Say SVC Chaos "ONLY on Xbox"

Balderdash. I have the AES NGH Cart that says that's completely false...

And don't give me it's on live, and they changed some things, so it's a new game... Yadda yadda yadda.

It's NOT only on xbox and SNKConsumerUSA knows it.

I think it's simply because most Xbox kids say "Neo Geo? Whaaaaaaaat?" and therefore don't consider it a real system.

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
Lol! I just entered too.... *Sigh* It's only 'cause I don't own, or even want, an Xbox.... but I want the game without someone tryin' to get me to "emulate" it. And stooopid SCEA doesn't/won't have it for the US (as far as I know.... ignore that "Buy Rite" post I did a while back...).

*Clicks magic red Converese "Chuck Taylor's" together*

I wanna win... I wanna win....

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
Opinions of demos

*Outrun - Fun but would rather go to the arcades down the street.
*Otogi 2 - Amazing. Must buy for me
*Bloodrayne 2 - Quite fun actualy. Maybe worth a buy at $30
*SVC Chaos - Bleh, rather play on the neo geo.

Speaking of bloodrayne 2, anybody beat the demo? I can't figure out what to do when I get to the garbage truck.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Why the hell is Florida excluded from this contest? I know it must be a legal issue, as that has kept me from entering contests before... But this is the first sweeps I've tried to enter in a long time where Florida was barred.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Ghost-Dog said:
Why the hell is Florida excluded from this contest? I know it must be a legal issue, as that has kept me from entering contests before... But this is the first sweeps I've tried to enter in a long time where Florida was barred.
Jeb probably has something to do with it...fuckin' republicans! :very_ang:

gatsu25

Galford's Armourer
I got the demo finally,

Outrun 2 is great! feels almost as good as the arcade one. Plus new modes, Must buy!

Bloodrayne still sucks for me

Otogi 2 is fun but control feels odd

SVC- Fun, but far from the best fighter to come out recently, Those backgrounds still look really bland. I noticed that Vega, M. Bison, and Balrogs names are still switched around like the Japanese Version. Was it like that on AES/MVS as well? I cant remember. Wonder if itll change for the final version.

KDash31987

Overtop Pathfinder
Win an ‘SNK VS CAPCOM SVC CHAOS ARCADE MACHINE’: SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORPORATION Partners with DC Comics to Give Fans the Prize of Their Dreams

Prizes to Be Awarded at www.SNKSWEEPS.com

WALL, NJ. – October 1, 2004 – SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORPORATION, the US publishing arm of the SNK NEOGEO CORPORATION, announced today that the company will partner with DC Comics to give away one of its most popular arcade machines, SNK VS. CAPCOM: SVC CHAOS. Valued at $5,000, one lucky fan who registers at www.snksweeps.com between October 12th and December 1, 2004 will be the grand prize winner. A total of over $8000 in prizes will be awarded, including copies of “SNK VS CAPCOM: SVC CHAOS,” for the Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, one-year Xbox™ Live subscriptions, and 30-day trial subscriptions to Gamefly.com.

The sweepstakes is being launched in support of the October 2004 release of SNK VS CAPCOM: SVC CHAOS, SNK’s upcoming Xbox™ Live title for the Xbox. In addition to the SNKSWEEPS website, the contest will be promoted in DC Comics, at comic book retailers nationwide, and on www.dccomics.com and www.madmag.com, as well as on SNK’s official web site, www.snkneogeousaconsumer.com.

SNK VS CAPCOM: SVC CHAOS fully supports Xbox™ Live, so consumers can take on opponents across the country in the ultimate online battle for survival with any of 36 famous fighters including 17 SNK playable characters, 17 Capcom playable characters, and 2 Secret Bosses. SVC CHAOS has also added bonus characters from some of the very best 2D fighting games ever made, including THE KING OF FIGHTERS, FATAL FURY, and SAMURAI SHODOWN and Street Fighter. Exclusive to this game are special characters such as Capcom’s Mega Man and Red Arremer, and SNK’s Shiki and Athena.