STARGATE MEETUP! 10/02 (old, keeping the title in so everone can recognize it)

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Heya, Houstonians (maybe other Texans?). I'm planning on having a get-together at the Stargate arcade on Saturday, 10/02. The time will be from 6 PM-12 Midnight. The last bunch of meetups have been great and I'm hoping this one can be kinda big too!

As you might or might not be aware of, they kinda changed things up at the stargate. Now there are consoles and arcades there. I'm not totally sure what arcades are still there but the Neos SHOULD be there as when I asked Chris before he said he would not sell the Neo cabs. I haven't been there since it reopened so I'm not certain on anything. For the owner's official word on rules, etc. see this thread at SRK: http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71764

For the night (6PM-closing) it will be $7 for unlimited play. If you plan on playing the consoles (pfft I won't) then either bring your own controllers OR be prepared for paying a $20 deposit for borrowing a controller (after you return it I think you get $18 back or something, I'm not totally sure). I should mention that the stargate also owns the Lollicups' smoothie restaurant next door. There are some great smoothies there so you might want to bring some money for that.

Anyhow! Please post up if you will be coming. If you're gonna bring friends, awesome. Address and phone number are below, so you can plug the addy into mapquest.com and call the place from your cell if you get lost :). (note: sometimes Lollicups answers the phone, don't say "sorry wrong number" if you get them because you got the right guy).

Stargate the
2117 Chenevert St Ste B
Houston, TX 77003-5845

Phone: (713) 571-6960

I'm gonna send out some private messages and emails to the Houston members that I consider to be active and to mercenary x99 since he was interested.

I will be bringing my memory card and I will be wearing that stupid white KOF 97 hat I like. I'll post what I'll be wearing the day I head out and I suggest y'all do too.

Now to send some PMs! Hope to see you guys there.

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I spoke to the owner last night over Instant Messenger. Also he linked me to a site about the stargate (not his but he knows the guy in charge). I found out the following:
  • The consoles are in the main room and the cabinets have been moved to the other room. There are a few candy cabs in the main room (Puzzle Fighter in the Hyper Neo, Mars Matrix, and another I forget).
  • He indeed kept the Neos, as well as a bunch of other cabs.
  • The TVs in the main room are 32" and have the consoles running through S-video.
  • He has a lot of popular games for each console and fighters too.
  • Notable among the console setups are a 4-Xbox Halo setup, and a 8-Gamecube Mario Kart DD setup.
  • I don't know if this applies to all of them, but there are Xbox Live enabled Xboxes and online PS2s.

BTW that website is http://www.freewebs.com/stargatearcade/

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
None of you said you're coming :( Well jjj did. Maybe I shoulda said to post and say if you're coming or not, too late for that. Erm anyhow it looks like it's gonna be myself, my brother, my friend and jjj and that's it. If y'all show up though I'll be wearing some kakhi shorts with a bunch of pockets on it, a dark blue striped shirt that says "caution, wet paint" and my white KOF 97 cap. If you see me please come up and make your presence known lol.

Yasakani

n00b
Doubtful he will but just in case, i call Last Blade 2. :D

Sorry about that...haven't gotten much sleep :cool:

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
for crying out loud, his business is in showcasing arcade games and not in selling them. Y'all know where to buy games online, stop pestering him :D

Oh, Yasakani, please note how old a thread is before bumping it. Thanks.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
If I bother to drive up from SATX, will you support starting a large scale RIOT before we leave with the "Console" jockeys? I mean the whole concept of having Console games at an ARCADE with uprights is a fuckin' slap in the face. I generally hate H-Town traffic so I'll already be in a half pissy mood... if you're not down for beating the piss outta' some punk bitch console gamers asses, and even slamming them into Arcade units, then I'm not coming. ;)

NuclearWar.jpg

OH NEVERMIND, someone bumped an old thread and I forgot we're already in the month of October. We'll those are my demands the next time too.

MERCENARY X99

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Mike, the cabs are still there. There's like 12 Neo games there...
Anyhow I PM'ed you about this before and you never replied :P. Rest assured I'll inform you of our next meetup at the Stargate.

Edit: about half the console games are fighters of some sort anyhow. They have cvs2, guilty gear, the Xmen fighter, Naturo 2 (don't think I got it right, Gamecube Import)... most of the cabs he got rid of were like 3 of the 5 mvc2 cabs, 2 of the 3 cvs2 cabs, one of the TS cabs, and I think soul calibur, killer instint, and tekken. No big loss.

Last edited: