Metal Slug 3D, first pics

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
well, at least the PS1 will see one last release. ;)

Last edited:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I already posted those screenshots on the earlier Metal Slug 3d thread.

It looks pretty basic graphics wise, and also not much fun gameplay wise either IMO

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
The CG actually looks sort of cool and stylistic...but...that's about it.

raikou

n00b
i don't like it Metal Slug should not be in 3D. KOF worked all right but its not the same. 2D is the way to go.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Great concept, horrible execution.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I bet you all that once a video is released, 90% of the members here will be like "OMG!! that looks amazing" ... etc.

I just don't understand how people are bashing the graphics. who knows? it may have nice animations and stage designs.

and I'm pretty sure that SNKP won't leave us with a very simple/ run-&-shoot / boring 3D shooter. there gotta be some interesting gameplay elements in it.

let's just wait and see.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
k'_127 said:
I bet you all that once a video is released, 90% of the members here will be like "OMG!! that looks amazing" ... etc.

I just don't understand how people are bashing the graphics. who knows? it may have nice animations and stage designs.

and I'm pretty sure that SNKP won't leave us with a very simple/ run-&-shoot / boring 3D shooter. there gotta be some interesting gameplay elements in it.

let's just wait and see.

Yeah, give it a few months. Some good stuff should be coming out of this project. The way people are right now, though, it looks as though the battlelines have already be drawn as far as who is looking forward to it and those who have already decided that it's going to be shit.

Kumavnmitsurugi

Marked Wolf
it looks OK , but who knows the game could be quite fun if they make a really "rag doll" physics engine , bodys flying everywhere :D

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
The only words that come in mind: WHAT THE FUCK!

Fuck you playmore, stop ruining your licences with that fucking 3D shit.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I'll try to keep my hopes up, but it's looking rather MEH so far ....

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
thelastbogard said:
whats that old saying? If it ain't broke.....

we will still be getting the 2D goodness, so no worries on that :)

SNKP stated that unlike other developers, they would stick with 2D as long as there is demand from the "fans". the 3D is just an extra to attract the mainstream gamers.

SNZero

Mr. Big's Thug
Looks Shoddy

whats with the graffics? if thats the final product then it looks like they just havent tried. if there gonna mess up the game play they could atleast make it look good.
ATM it just looks like just another crappy 3rd person shooter.
If playmore want to make crappy 3D games why not call them something else instead of misusing the names of wonderful games like MS? It looks like Playmore are going to start raping classics and using famous names to sell poor games. I hope not.
Why didnt they just improve the look in its origional formatt?
i've sed it once and all say it again: make it look like Dolphin Blue IMO that looks great but still has the feel of a classic 'go right' shooter.

Still maybe they will improve it before its release, but i doubt it.
Just av to wait and see i guess

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
thelastbogard said:
whats that old saying? If it ain't broke.....

Well, yeah, except that they were broken ... the series has been in a terminal state beginning with MS 4, IMO.

I enjoyed MS 4 & 5 - don't get me wrong - but the series went sharply downhill after MS 3, I must admit. The problem wasn't that the series was still in 2D though; it had more to do with SNKP not putting enough effort into the games.

Crovax

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
k'_127 said:

let's just wait and see.

but a video has been released http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/metalslug/index.html?q=metal+slug

and it hasn't really changed the discussion (about half - 3/4 of the way down):

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100906&page=5

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Meh... the graphics are lacking in some areas. I'll withhold judgment until the game is released, but so far the screenshots fail to impress me.

Last edited:

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
realgameplay said:
Ever since Snkplaymore ditched the Neo things have gone from bad (AW) to worse (Metal slug 3D) what next neo LCD games?? :shame:

Playmore wasn't doing any better on the Neo-Geo.

Everything fell apart the day Playmore came into the picture, but I digress

Last edited:

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Why is everyone forming an opinion based on a few screens?

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
METAL SLUG has no business being in the third dimension... *Game will be crap and if SNKPlaywhore needs to spread their ass cheeks for the "Mainstreamer" in order for the fans to have 2-D, then that whole Goddamned company should just go bust forever. Seriously, SNKP is making a mockery of everything that was ever good about the old "magic". ---Guess I shouldn't be too upset as I've left this 3-D shit behind me, but still... METAL SLUG should stay 2-D.

NEXT! :mad:

MERCENARY X99