http://www.kddi.com/corporate/news_release/2004/0924a/index.html

THE KING OF FIGHTERS '94 RE-BOUT december

And in spring :
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '95-'97 (3IN1)
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98-'00 (3IN1)
GARÔ MARK OF THE WOLVES
BAKUMATSU ROMAN GEKKA NO KENSHI (2IN1)
TWINCKLE STARS SPRITES

Before anyone gets hot, notice how the KOF 3 in 1 don't have any "rebout" subtitle.
Nice either way.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
dakingofzumunda said:
this is awesome for port lovers.

Nah, fuck that. It's just awsome for game lovers.
If those will all have an option for arranged and original soundtracks than I will pick up all of them.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Sounds great, the KOF 98~00 pack is definately the most appealing.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm guessing it's a stretch to think they'll get revamped like Rebout.

Oh well, there will no longer be no excuse for people without Neo-Geo systems not to own every KOF.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Cain Highwind said:
I figured I'd beat beto/crimson love to it :p
You mean Beto/Crimson Love/Dio Brando.

Sounds interesting...good for them to keep their library alive. I'd probably go for the '95-'97, since I don't have any of those. I already have '00 on PS2, and I could do without playing '99 ever again. I wonder if any of these are slated for release here, or if it's a Japan-only thing.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
You mean Beto/Crimson Love/Dio Brando.

Sounds interesting...good for them to keep their library alive. I'd probably go for the '95-'97, since I don't have any of those. I already have '00 on PS2, and I could do without playing '99 ever again. I wonder if any of these are slated for release here, or if it's a Japan-only thing.

Ask ben herman, i bet he has nothing better to do than answer emails.

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
Great idea - I'm surprised it took Playmore this long to announce something like this. Definitely nice, and if they feature the arranged soundtracks it'll be amazing.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
MOTW and LB1 & 2 have been ported before, and pretty well I might add. But it is good to see all the KOF's making home appearances, althought most of these have been ported in one way or another as well.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I so want them all!!!!!!!111111111

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
MOTW and LB1 & 2 have been ported before, and pretty well I might add. But it is good to see all the KOF's making home appearances, althought most of these have been ported in one way or another as well.
Everything's been ported at some point, except KOF '94. That's why it was the fans' most requested.

Crovax

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
All I can say is Wow. That's the last thing I expected SNKP to do at this point. I'm happy with my copies of 98-2000, but I'll probably pick up 94 re-bout, the 95-97 pack and the last blade pack. Hopefully they'll turn out substantially better than the first time they were ported.

dreaggan

Cro ords, ,
That's a good piece of news. But now my dreamcast becomes useless. All the best SNK games will be released on PS2 (including metal slug 3-5). Now I guess I have tu buy this fuckin' PS2.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Wow, even more rereleases of the same shit AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.
Grow up and do something new. NG battle colliseum is where my chips are.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
What about this?

MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game)
【エム・エム・オー・アール・ピー・ジー】
 多数のユーザーが同時に参加してプレイすることのできる、ネットワーク型のオンラインRPGゲーム。

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/information/press26.html

This has to be something really new. I already have all the other games on MVS (except Twinkle), thanks. Well, maybe 94 Re-Bout will be a bit different.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Whoa, that's a nice option for mass-market gamers.

I think SNKP was kinda waiting to officially drop the NeoGeo-Home prior to make a move like this.

Well, as long as the ports manage to stay as true as possible to the original, more power to them.

But yes, an AST-OST option would be nice. :)

syringe

Banned
buttasuperb said:
online?

xbox ports?

wow

Exactly, PS2 ports are more than welcome

But we absolutely NEED ports of LB1/2 and MotW on Xbox Live. :drool_2:

Last edited:
Cain Highwind said:
SNK announces PS2 ports including MOTW, LB1+2, and KoF 95-2000

JP only releases right? Because the almighty SCEA don't want 2D games on American soil.

Is this the big Caviat?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Wow, even more rereleases of the same shit AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.
Grow up and do something new. NG battle colliseum is where my chips are.

porting great SNK games to PS2 is a must imo. Last Blade 1,2, MotW, Metal Slugs (1,2,X), Samurai Spirits 1,2 ..... etc.

they have made KOF:MI, and they are working on KOF:94 ReBout, NGBC and KOF2004. a 3D Metal Slug, but no one knows what this will turn out to be. I have faith in SNKP, and I'm sure that they will release something that is beyond our expectations.

I'll propably get some of the ports that I can't afford on Neo-Geo, like MotW. hopefully, rare-expensive AES games will see a port on PS2 as well. I really need MS1 and 2/X.

Electroman said:
JP only releases right? Because the almighty SCEA don't want 2D games on American soil.

Is this the big Caviat?

I heard that Sony wouldn't mind if the games were bundled. I think that's why Last Blades and KOFs were put together. it seems that MotW's graphics are good enough for Sony to allow releasing it as a single game.

so yeah, I think these will see a US release. (well if not on PS2, they will make it to XBox for sure then)

Last edited:

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Oh well, i guess you guys don´t want pics from Metal Slug 3D and the new characters from NGBC (not the fake ones you dorks are hearing about), then.

Bye-bye.

Last edited: