KOF 94 Re-Bout for PS2 will support online battles

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
from The magic box:

SNK Playmore mentioned that The King of Fighters 94 Re-Bout for PS2 will support online battles.

nothing more to say... :buttrock:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Yeah, but how many people are really going to want to play KOF94 online. I mean, not counting us. 2D fighters are a thing of the past for most people.

I'm still hoping it's a remake of all the sprites. That alone will get me to buy it. Well, a team edit would be nice, too. ;)

Spike

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
ok i just read the magicbox thing...

but what about this from the gamespot article...?

"We believe that the real fun in fighting games is in playing against other people. But people that are most enthusiastic about fighting games are starting to enter the work force, so they're probably getting less chances to play them [at the arcades]," commented Ryoko Suzuki of SNK Playmore.

"So we're planning on adding online playability to all our titles after King of Fighters 94' Re-Bout," the upcoming remake of the 10-year-old seminal entry in the fighting game series, Suzuki said. "We want to provide an environment where the users can experience the thrill of playing against various other people at the arcades, but in their own homes.”

doesnt it sound like its everything after rebout?

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Because it was the number one request from japanese fans? Because it´s the 10th year? Because 94 never had a console port?

The sprites will look like this:

p03_atena02.jpg

With a new intro:

p10_settei01.gif

And the special edition will come with the 10 year anniversary mook and... this (picture of mock-up version):

p09_pad01.gif

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Is all that true? :D
edit: Holy Crap! It is!!--I never checked the Jp site. :p

Last edited:

Tomcat

NG.com No.1 Ranked Trader.Also, Donated $600+ to N

Magnaflux said:
WTF, why re-release kof '94?

Becouse is the best kof evar :buttrock:

regards

Tom(ITA)

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Hmmmm ... this is great and all, but I hope SNKP isn't doing this so they can cash in - it's really going to be more of a fan service type of deal than anything else. Personally, I appreciate KOF '94 for it's style, terrific music, and the history behind it - not to mention the fact that it was one of the Neo Geo titles that really sucked me into the the world of t3h Neo. However, the gameplay is a bit dated, and I just don't see this game having mass market appeal. I'll buy it, but I don't really see it selling all that well.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
A very stupid move. I am sick of this company kissing the ass of its past and not releasing more new stuff.

Also be aware that 94 is plagued with redizzy's and other forms of cheese that ruin it competitively. 95 has them also, but the game is still infinitely more playable. I have no clue why they chose this.

machfive

n00b
From NCS, not sure how accurate this is:

"Playmore's King of Fighters 94 Evolution Rebout is a remake of the first KOF game. The Evolution in the title may mean that its a 3-D update and starting at the beginning allows Playmore to eventually upgrade the entire series."

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
It´s 2D. They had that Athena comparison on the official KOF 10th anniversary site, and said they were doing exactly that.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Im sure they will update the fighting system. They are saying its a remake after all. Its not like they are gonna just slap on a new sticker that says "kof 94-rebout" and just rerelease the original.....Although this is snk we are talking about...... :loco: :glee:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
We already had a thread a couple weeks ago with people posting why they thought '94 was a good/bad idea and what they wanted the same/changed. But since nobody seems to remember the thread, here goes:

I like KOF '94. I like it with all its imperfections. Is it a good game for tourney play? No. But guess what -- I've never been in a tournament. I play for fun with friends. To me, this game represents SNK at the height of their creativity, more than Garou or LB. They were trying new things, breaking new ground, and 24 was by far the largest roster seen in a game up to that point. And after playing a bunch of current fighters, it's fun to go back to that old style feel for a while. It's been in my cab for months. I love the music, I love the backgrounds and atmosphere, and I love the popping sound effects. I also love the '94-'95 character sprites (and fire/flame effects, etc.) way more than the sprites from '96-present. Holy crap they poured a lot of heart into that game.

Someone said (I think it was Fran) that if they add character edit, it won't be KOF '94. I agree.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
A very stupid move. I am sick of this company kissing the ass of its past and not releasing more new stuff.

Also be aware that 94 is plagued with redizzy's and other forms of cheese that ruin it competitively. 95 has them also, but the game is still infinitely more playable. I have no clue why they chose this.

I highly doubt they'd leave all the redizzy's and cheese intact since it appears that they're overhauling it, and not just direct porting it.

And they are releasing more new stuff....gradually. ;)

barf

Maxima's Barber
i don t like how it looks, but making it online is a nice touch. Let s hope the gameplay is good

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
I don't care WHAT negative opinions are thrown out, the game was nice (for it's time), and these updated graphics and 3D backgrounds are phat. And as far as the online playablilty goes? Orochi Lubu, Fygee, Southtown Kid, and Terry Power, i'll be gunnin' for you.....

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Overkill Geyser said:
I don't care WHAT negative opinions are thrown out, the game was nice (for it's time), and these updated graphics and 3D backgrounds are phat. And as far as the online playablilty goes? Orochi Lubu, Fygee, Southtown Kid, and Terry Power, i'll be gunnin' for you.....
Look out!

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
Y'know.... I was just wondering.... do you think this'll have a "limited edition" release, like KOF: MI? If so, what would you like to see included with the game? I'd like:

An art book
A disc with the intros to Real Bout Special: Dominated minds, and KOF '98 (Dreamcast intro)
aaaand...hmmmm... K's sunglasses? Kyo's gloves...? I don't know... *Scratches head*