KOF : Maximum Impact 2

Sigma

n00b
Even if it were far from achieving the unanimity among the fans of King of Fighters, the first release of the series in 3D, KOF: Impact maximum will be out to on PS2 logically entitled KOF: Maximum Impact 2.
The release of the game is announced for 2006. As much to say that with this release such a moved away the infos are still well camouflaged !

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Sigma said:
As much to say that with this release such a moved away the infos are still well camouflaged !
To be fair, I can't speak Belgium either. Are you talking about a upcoming release announcement from Playmore, or just predicting? I agree I think we'll see more of them, though.

KDash31987

Overtop Pathfinder
KOF MI2 in 2006
(thanks to Kouli from GameFAQS)

http://www.quiter.jp/news/snk/040923002435.html

Babel Fish Translation (a very sucky one at that):

"KOF maximum impact 2" to 2006 appearance

This week at the game magazine of sale, it became series first 3D, when ' KOF maximum impact ' continuation ' KOF maximum impact 2 ' appears in 2006, information being published, it probably will do, is. Once, PS2 we would like to see, is.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm really glad to see that they're doing a two year development cycle for the series. That pretty much guarantees that the game will be overhauled quite a bit, rather than it just being a rehash with more characters.

It seriously needs to be developed for the PS3 and not the PS2 though.

Last edited:

Catman

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
SouthtownKid said:
To be fair, I can't speak Belgium either. Are you talking about a upcoming release announcement from Playmore, or just predicting? I agree I think we'll see more of them, though.

LOL... Belgium isn't a language.
Their national languages are Dutch and French.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Oh, more 3d shit then? :oh_no:

RIP NeoGeo spirit... :crying:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Shito said:

Well, personally I think it carries on the original Neo-Geo spirit, before it got bogged down with the "2D lovers only" spirit later on. Basically it was to produce games with some nice eye candy and a really nifty flair for the aesthetic, to innovate in terms of the way a genre of games is played, and create some arcade-like credit munching fun. KOF:MI might not be the greatest game in the world, but it definetly breathes some creative fresh air into the KOF franchise both aesthetically and technically, and above all, is a big load of fun with a definete arcade style to it.

When you kind of think about it, the Neo always actually wanted to be a "3D" console in terms of fighting games, what with shifting planes (Fatal Fury, Savage Reign), shifting views (Art of Fighting, Samurai Shodown, Last Blade, etc.), and innovations like rolling and dodging which essentially tried to "cheat" 2D limitations in fighting.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Catman said:
LOL... Belgium isn't a language.
Their national languages are Dutch and French.
Yeah, I know. What I really need to learn to speak is Holland.

Fygee has a bit of a point. Old SNK did try various ways of replicating 3D within the 2D limitations at the time. 2 planes, and later 3 planes in Fatal Fury, so that fighters could circle each other. Sega tried their own pseudo 3D game (forget the name... Dark-something? Dark Edge?), before they went to actual 3D with Virtua Fighter.

Doesn't change the fact I still prefer 2D fighters to 3D fighters, though.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Shito said:

Normally I'd try and argue with you on logical merits and prove you're wrong, much like Fygee did above. However that has proved futile in the past. So I'll change my approach and go with a more natural response.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :cool:

PS. Yay for KOF:MI 2 the first one is a good game.