Pochi & Nyaa bootleg? EPROM?

PaCrappa

n00b
So I bought me an English language Pochi & Nyaa kit brand new from gamesbyruss on ebay. I didn't like the game very much so I in turn sold it on ebay. Here's what the buyer had to say about it:

"i open the cartridge and what i see : FLASH EEPROM ! ITS A BOOTLEG"

Now I never looked inside the damn thing because Russ has never sold me a bum cart or board.

Is this a bootleg? I thought that a few cartridges used EEPROMS, but I'm far from a guru on the subject.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pa

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
I bought my Pochi Kit from Trieuminator a while back & it had eproms in it too. No worries man they all are the same, thats just the way they are made.

Tell him to email Trieuminator at www.arcadeshock.com, or Shawn at the Neo Store if he does not believe you.

Anyways whats up man, long time no see.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
The P1 in the handful of Pochi carts I have seen have been an eprom. The C/V/M ROMS were mask (normal) roms.

Jeff

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
The Mini Marquee is made out of paper!

More info regarding this game:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73564&highlight=Pochi+Nyaa

Pics were taken from ResOGlas posts:

pochikit

GamesbyRuss is the man!

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85751&highlight=Pochi+Nyaa

Last edited:

PaCrappa

n00b
ROBERT! LOL, as I typed I was thinking to myself "What are the chances that it'll be Robert answering my cries for help".

Thanks a million, this should be very helpful. I really appreciate it.

Pa

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
No problemo my friend, hope that is enough info to convince your buyer that this game is not a bootleg.

Anyways this game is Encripted so it is more difficult to make bootlegs of these types of games...and besides this game is not much fun anyways (why would anyone make a bootleg of this game?) thats why everyone sells there copy, myself included.;)

Pics from Arcade Shock and The Neo Store:

l_pnmvskit.jpg

pochi.jpg

Last edited:

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
PaCrappa! How could anyone think you're a boot seller!

Seriously, send that buyer to this thread and we will straighten the situation out.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Well..This is a heads up to me..Thanks PaCrappa.

I had no clue they had Eproms in them..

I bought two Pochi & Nyaa kits from Russ and I was thinking about getting rid of one.
Since I never opened the carts...Sheesh!..I ma have of been making this same topic if a buyer would of said("i open the cartridge and what i see : FLASH EEPROM ! ITS A BOOTLEG")