What AES mod is this?

omnedon

Astra Superstar
Sell thread

From the sell description:

If you are not familiar with the Ultra Mod, it has a separate Sound Card installed that requires its own power supply. It sound likes surround sound and is sweet! It also has the usual Debug Bios, Stereo, and S-Video Mod. But, also has a different video card installed that gives an awesome picture.

What is this exactly? A separate PCB for audio, and an Svid mod with an extra PCB as well?

Anybody know the tech specifics for something like this? :help:

I'm not looking to buy. I'm curious from a tech perspective.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
I believe this is the system sold by !Arcade! originally (www.neogeousa.com). Had a custom audio amp added. Don't remember the S-Video board being unique, but whatever.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
!Arcade!'s ultra mods included a seperate board for the S-video as well, which basically bypassed the Sony CXA chip. That may be what it is.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
RiotoftheBlood said:
!Arcade!'s ultra mods included a seperate board for the S-video as well, which basically bypassed the Sony CXA chip. That may be what it is.

I assume they used a CXA1645 or CXA2075 instead then.

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
I think that mod has the same S-Video & Sound mods as they used when making those Shadow 4 Systems a while back.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Robert Wallace said:
I think that mod has the same S-Video & Sound mods as they used when making those Shadow 4 Systems a while back.

Guess I'll just have to look then, won't I chief.... :emb: