X-Arcade or Mas Arcade stick?

Beloved by Gaia

Tarma's Gun Polisher
..looking to buy one so i'm open to see the opinions of others who have already made use of these joysticks. Which one do you all prefer?

mmelzer2004

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Either, I don't think it matters much, since in order to get the most out of it, you should install new buttons and stick. I am not sure of which one is better pre-upgrade, but i do know that you would be better off upgrading everything either way you go. And, from what I have seen, prices for new buttons and better stick isn't high at all.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Out of the box, I've heard more favorable opinions about the MAS sticks. And these are both pretty expensive to begin with, so if you're gonna get one, you probably should make sure that's it's ready to go without dumping additional cash into upgrades.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
MAS systems gives the choice of different buttons and springs for the stick.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I sa7 get a pelican real arcade, put in new buttons and stick, Add a neo port and finally get a ultimarc keyboard encoder...

johnkiddier

Kabuki Klasher
If you're only using it for neo geo, simply build your own. It really isn't very hard. Try arcadecontrols.com for instructions, or PM me and I'll send you some detailed construction pics of the one on my website www.arcadeadvantage.com

daybona

Juz,
I used John's stick as a guide to build my own custom stick, and its the best I've ever used.

omnedon

Astra Superstar
I have one of John's sticks too. It is freakin AWESOME! I hate working with wood or MDF, but if I want another, I'll be emulating John's bad boy to be sure.

I've even made adapters for it to use with my Atari 2600, CV, SMS and my Genesis.