New Metal Slug Advance Trailer.

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Looks great. Looks almost like a Neo game. Only some details are not as good.

Last edited:
looks AMAZING! The enemie weapon things didn't flash when they got hit, so Boss Fights are going to fell awkward...other than that it looks to be a good PORTABLE Metal Slug Game. I'm excited! :multi_co:

...and to think I lost intreast in this thing :glee:

Looks ok. If I had a GBA i'd buy it. Realizing that the GBA is nothingmore than a glorified SNES, it looks good. Great audio on it too. The animation on the NEO hardware spoils me though.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Looks really good. It's got no hint of the horrible slowdown the E-3 trailer had. The only thing that I noticed different is when you kill a bad guy they just drop and vanish unlike the Neo-Geo versons. But still looking good. Can't wait to play it!

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
It looks cool, but I wish they would have put more contrast between the sprites and the BG, brown tanks tend to get lost in brown backgrounds.
Other than the colors being a bit drab, its good looking.

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
Heh I will watch the trailer in a moment :D

But first.. Has this game been CONFIRMED officialy for a USA release?

I would really like a USA version, but Japanese games tend to disappear FAST after theyre released, and Im kinda worried if it comes out in Japan, and then I wait for the USA version,, if the US version gets cancelled at the last minute or something, I may not be able to find the Japanese version :confused:

If it has been officially confirmed for USA release, wht is the latest release date for it in the USA?

Come to think of it what is its release date in japan also? heh :D

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
The animation looks much improved, but the game still comes up a bit short when compared to the Neo versions, which is to be expected I guess.

On a more somber note - it looks like the censors at SNKP have been hard at work again .... :oh_no: The game just seems really stripped down without all the little death animations ...

They could at least given us the old "profuse sweating" reaction to violence to stab wounds and machine gun fire .... :tickled:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Even with the lack of death animation it still looks awesome. The music sounds pretty good also. Probably gonna break down and finaly buy a GBA.

Curt

apostate
I think this thing looks as good as can possibly be expected on the GBA, with toned down violence for the masses of course.

The people here have been playing Metal Slug for years now, and we by now know all the subtleties, and nuances of each of the 6 Neo Geo iterations, and we - of course - will miss some things...

But this really gets me excited, because now so many thousands of people will be able to plunk down 30$ and experience Metal Slug portably, whereas before they might not have, because they don't have the Neo/Expensive Carts etc... (along with Metal Slug 3 for xbox)

Also, I loved the NGPC Slugs, but this really feels alot more like the Neo versions.
And the GBA has such a HUGE userbase that I think for some reason this will make more of an impact to the masses, than the Xbox version... Because of the sheer amount of people who have a GBA...

Finally Metal Slug will get some great mainstream attention it deserves, people will pick it up for the first time and say, "Hey this fucking rocks!!!"

The only thing left to think is... is this really what we Neo Elitist's want?

Probably not... but oh well. :smirk:

Last edited:

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Looks and sounds good, too bad that it seems like it has too much "platform action" than the regular Metal Slug games. Probably due to onscreen sprite limitations.

D

DKFD3S

dhowerter said:
But first.. Has this game been CONFIRMED officialy for a USA release?

I saw an ad for it in Nintendo Power yesterday ... that seems like a 'yes' to me.

I'm all over this game like shit on rice when it comes out. I don't care if it's in English or not, I mean what's so complex about "kill everything in your path" that I'll need to know whats going on.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
The backgrounds are a little static, but the feel of the game is very reminiscent of Metal Slug 1. I can't WAIT to play Metal Slug on the GBA. :multi_co:

BloodLust

World Soccer '96
Finally Metal Slug will get some great mainstream attention it deserves, people will pick it up for the first time and say, "Hey this fucking rocks!!!"

which will be followed by " but the genue is still dead." its not like metal slug is unknown by the mainstreame, its just that with it being traped on neo geo systems and in the (still dieing) arcades, people havnt had enough time to get into it.

-wishes he still had a gba at this point.

bones

Crazed MVS Addict
Way cool. US, JPN, whatever, I'll get this when it's released.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Seems good. I don't mind GBA games, probably the last systems with some
good 2D on it. I'll makesure to pick it up when it comes out.

CurtWRX said:
The people here have been playing Metal Slug for years now, and we by now know all the subtleties, and nuances of each of the 6 Neo Geo iterations, and we - of course - will miss some things...

The only thing left to think is... is this really what we Neo Elitist's want?

Probably not... but oh well. :smirk:

Funny how you worded the first paragraph.

barf

Maxima's Barber
Looks nice :)

too bad i gave my GBA to my little sister to let her play Pokemons.

TGS verry soon, we ll see what Metal Slug 3D will look like~ *eager*

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
looks good but very incomplete without death animations and debri. seems like everyone just turns into a laying animation for 1 second then disappear whenever you touch them. vehicles and structures dont look like they are being hit until they just fall off the screen.

seriously needs blood or at least sweat. shit should blink when shot.

Kumavnmitsurugi

Marked Wolf
looks good...i saw a E3 vid and it seemed to be not very fast, but from the looks of it SNK/p has done a good job with it....well have t osee when it comes out

barf

Maxima's Barber
FeelGood said:
looks good but very incomplete without death animations and debri. seems like everyone just turns into a laying animation for 1 second then disappear whenever you touch them. vehicles and structures dont look like they are being hit until they just fall off the screen.

seriously needs blood or at least sweat. shit should blink when shot.

I think this is a special build for video. At 25fps, blinking would have looked completely messy (GBA LCD has a refresh rate of 60fps).

I do agree for the lack of animation, but GBA memory is verry limited (my port of Warcraft went short because of this). For some things like background you can use the policy to refresh from cartidge romspace-fast thanks to DMA transfers but battery hungry methode-, but for enemies sprites it s not possible unless only one instance is present.