SNK vs Capcom SVC Chaos (XBOX), Metal Slug Advance (GBA) US Delays...

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
I received notification from Gamestop that these two games have been delayed a bit...

Metal Slug Advance

Old Release Date - 10/4/2004
New Release Date - 11/9/2004

SNK vs Capcom SVC Chaos

Old Release Date - 9/28/2004
New Release Date - 10/5/2004

Seems like old times... ;)

daybona

Juz,
Just noticed that in our transmission detail today.

I love SVC, but in the hands of the wrong person on live, that game could SUCK.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Well, a one week delay isn't too bad. However, seeing Metal Slug Advance get another whopping month long delay is rather daunting.

syringe

Banned
The Metal Slug Advance delay is kind of annoying but the week long delay with SVC is nothing to get upset about.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Scanline said:
The Metal Slug Advance delay is kind of annoying but the week long delay with SVC is nothing to get upset about.
I'm personally going to enjoy any possible delays MSA might have. The game looked horrid at E3, so I wish SNK could have as much time as they like to finish it.

syringe

Banned
ResOGlas said:
I'm personally going to enjoy any possible delays MSA might have. The game looked horrid at E3, so I wish SNK could have as much time as they like to finish it.

True but after a year and a half of delays I'm going to hold out hope that it's finally done and the delay is just due to last minute testing+ production and distribution issues.

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Scanline said:
True but after a year and a half of delays I'm going to hold out hope that it's finally done and the delay is just due to last minute testing+ production and distribution issues.

Amen to that.

Still...........I hope they delay it a few more months and slap in some 64-bit backgrounds then follow up by releasing it as a DS title.

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
I am not suprised that these titles are delayed. Hope they make it out in Europe before Christmas though. I'm glad that Metal Slug Advance is delayed due to the framerate issues it was having.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I can understand the MS Advance delays - after all, that is a bit of a challenge, and their initial attempt was looking a bit choppy. But the SVC delay .... wtf are these guys doing? This one should take about five minutes to finish. :rolleyes:

syringe

Banned
galfordo said:
I can understand the MS Advance delays - after all, that is a bit of a challenge, and their initial attempt was looking a bit choppy. But the SVC delay .... wtf are these guys doing? This one should take about five minutes to finish. :rolleyes:

A week long delay on SVC means they need the extra time for production and distribution. I.E. they expect to have some problems if they to make the original date so they're giving themselves an extra week to get ready for the crunch.