SVC Chaos...?! On PS2?!!!

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
Okay... this DIFINETLY deserves to be either "News" or a "rumor"... I live in Durhm, North Carolina (as you'd see if you looked over there at my avatar), and there's a store in the neighboring capital of Raleigh called "Buy Rite". The sell TONS of hard-to-get stuff... they have for years... but today... about 5 minutes ago, I called, seeing if they had the import Naruto for PS2. While on the line with the helpful customer service lady, I also asked about the import SVC, figuring i'll go ahead and get it to end my crack-like cravings for that game. And she said, "Are you sure you don't want the American one?" I was like, "............There's no American one coming out." She countered with, "As far as i've heard, it only got pushed back. Let me check my computer.... yeah... it just got pushed back until November."

My heart almost flatlined. Now, this isn't the first time i've heard this recently, either, 'cept the last time was from a friend, so I dismissed is as BS. I asked her FOUR times, "Are you SURE you're not talkin' about the XBox one???", and FOUR times, she said, "Nope... i'm lookin' at my screen, and it says 'PS2'..." Right now, i'm pickin' up my phone, and callin' my local Gamestop.... Okay... they just said that she's wrong. Now i'm hurt AND confused.... Buy Rite's usually a great store... like, the BEST in North Carolina... heck, they've even got a nation-wide website... how could their information be SO totally wrong...? Does anyone know if there's any truth to this? These two conflicting answers are makin' me feel queesy...

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
Do a search for Buy-Rite Games and prepare to have your unfounded optimism crushed like a grape underfoot.

WGolly

Known Scammer. Fook Better Explain Himself
pal=european version.

freindly customer service? doesnt sound like buyrite.

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
WGolly said:
pal=european version.

freindly customer service? doesnt sound like buyrite.

Lol! I know, right? It took me by surprise that a woman answered the phone, too... not the usual guys...

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
SouthtownKid said:
I don't know how anyone is going to top this post.

Errrr... uhm.... ahh... I was just playin'! C'mon! I knew what "Pal" meant...!

*Looks around, nervously*

Somedays, I feel like such a noob.... shoulda seen me in Final Fantasy 11 last week.... i've been on that game since Feb, but I was makin' mistakes like it was my first day... *sigh*

So, anyway... from what I gather, Buy Rite's got a bad rep, huh? But they're gonna have the pal version... so i'll be able to play the game, and READ what the characters are saying to each other... i GUESS that's all that matters... time will tell...

Last edited:

WGolly

Known Scammer. Fook Better Explain Himself
how could their information be SO totally wrong...? Does anyone know if there's any truth to this? These two conflicting answers are makin' me feel queesy...[/QUOTE]

keep in mind,
1.sony of america has a policy against 2-d games on their system.
2. this news came from buyrite. thats enough right there to dismiss it as bs.

so I'm sure it was just a mistake.. buyrite is notorious for having items listed that are not on stock/ may not even be released.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
qube said:
No way :spock:

How is that even possible?

Q-

? He's been here for ever. I remember him posting for years. What's the problem?

SvsC on PS2? Meh. Now KOF2003 on the PS2 looks reallyl cool!

Spike

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
That release date has been been poping up in other places as well. Game Stop if I'm correct. Even so, we'd hear about it if the game was to be released over here on the PS2. For starters, they wouldn't just be advertising the Xbox version of the game.

This wouldn't be the first time gamestores have made up release dates.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Mad Mage said:
the Xbox version of the game.

This wouldn't be the first time gamestores have made up release dates.

Yeah supposedly Record of Lodoss War and Macross 2036 were due out in the fall of 1993 for the Turbo Duo according to EGM waaaaaaay back when. Then TTi went bust and we never saw them.

MERC X99

joe_higashi19

Life is an Illusion, The Magic is Down My Pants.,
www.gamefly.com

the same as netflix but with games has this as the realese date of the us ps2 svc caos aswell.

11/29/04

P.S. They also have all future snk plamore ports with matching snk playmore corp. release dates.

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Mercenary X99 said:
Yeah supposedly Record of Lodoss War and Macross 2036 were due out in the fall of 1993 for the Turbo Duo according to EGM waaaaaaay back when. Then TTi went bust and we never saw them.

MERC X99

I got Macross 2036............;)

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
When I picked up the KOF '00/'01 double pack from toys 'r' us about a month ago the guy told me that Metal Slug 3 was going to be released in October or November for ps2. He checked the released dates from "corporate" and I said, "oh, I didn't know that was coming out". It was easier to say that than to argue with a tool. Just remember you have to take all the crap that game stores say with a grain of salt. And if you must play SVC in english so bad, just buy a NGH with debug bios and either version of the AES cart, or get a unibios and MVS setup and buy the MVS cart. If you don't have the money to do either of those things, get a job and work for a few months. Problem solved.

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
SnairDogg said:
And if you must play SVC in english so bad, just buy a NGH with debug bios and either version of the AES cart, or get a unibios and MVS setup and buy the MVS cart. If you don't have the money to do either of those things, get a job and work for a few months. Problem solved.

1) I don't have the money to buy the cart for my AES (at least not within the forseeable future. Future= a couple of months).

2) I've GOT a job. And i've got a cable bill, an internet bill, an apartment bill, a telephone bill, an electric bill, and a car note. It's just a liiiiitle hard to squeeze a $100+ game in there... So I pray for the $49.99 version of it.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Overkill Geyser said:
But they're gonna have the pal version... so i'll be able to play the game, and READ what the characters are saying to each other

No they're not. You'd need a mod-chip to play the PAL version. There'd be no reason for Buy-Rite to stock PAL versions of any game.

But Buy-Rite sucks ass anyway. Stop giving them your money!

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
Kristian Meller said:
No they're not. You'd need a mod-chip to play the PAL version. There'd be no reason for Buy-Rite to stock PAL versions of any game.

But Buy-Rite sucks ass anyway. Stop giving them your money!

Man... my hopes keep getting raped.... :( But.... didn't the same thing happen with KOF EX 2: Howling Blood...? They made a Euro version... then ported it to America....!! (Yeah, yeah... I know... my hope is eternal....)

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
That's a bit easier. It doesn't really need to be ported when we're talking GBA. It's just a matter of translating some text in the game (when we're talking JAP to EU or US ports) and making the right boxes.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Buy-rite owes me $200......

It's been so long that I'm considering the possibility of accepting my payment via their dental plan.

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
joe_higashi19 said:
www.gamefly.com

the same as netflix but with games has this as the realese date of the us ps2 svc caos aswell.

11/29/04

P.S. They also have all future snk plamore ports with matching snk playmore corp. release dates.

I just checked that site, and I don't see ANYTHING about SVC Chaos.... :(